PDA

View Full Version : Victory Parade

sueinmoscow
28-04-2010, 18:55
Hi there does anybody know anything about the Victory Parade on the 9th May, I am especially wondering what the route is and what time it starts? Somebody told me there is no chance of getting near Red Square.

MissAnnElk
28-04-2010, 19:31
Hi there does anybody know anything about the Victory Parade on the 9th May, I am especially wondering what the route is and what time it starts? Somebody told me there is no chance of getting near Red Square.

Nope. Red Square is VIP only.

BUT you can stand along Tverskaya and see just fine. I always went just north of the Garden Ring . . . near Metro Mayakovskaya. Stand on the east side for a better view of the planes.

Rexy
28-04-2010, 19:43
It takes place on the Red Square at 10:00.
Only those, who have special invitations can get there.
The nearby streets and metro stations will be blocked.
But it is possible nevertheless to walk there on foot early in the morning and perhaps you will be able to watch something and defenetly you will meet some happy crowds.
If you want to watch the military hardware, it will follow from the Khodynka Field, then Leningradskaya Street, then along Tverskaya towards Historical Museum.

syedanial
28-04-2010, 20:08
Last year I could only see the tanks, jets and artillery. Is it just me who were late or it is like that? I would love to see the armies' march pass.

Rexy
28-04-2010, 21:07
hardly you'll see the armies' march. maybe only how the participants are taking their places in the buses =)))

sueinmoscow
28-04-2010, 21:55
It takes place on the Red Square at 10:00.
Only those, who have special invitations can get there.
The nearby streets and metro stations will be blocked.
But it is possible nevertheless to walk there on foot early in the morning and perhaps you will be able to watch something and defenetly you will meet some happy crowds.
If you want to watch the military hardware, it will follow from the Khodynka Field, then Leningradskaya Street, then along Tverskaya towards Historical Museum.

I love this site, great info Rexy thank you. I am new to this and this is so helpful. spa seeba

sueinmoscow
28-04-2010, 21:58
Nope. Red Square is VIP only.

BUT you can stand along Tverskaya and see just fine. I always went just north of the Garden Ring . . . near Metro Mayakovskaya. Stand on the east side for a better view of the planes.

Yet more great info, i just love this expat forum and I am new to it. thank you so much

Artmotion
29-04-2010, 12:54
Yes, along Tverskaya street is totally OK! It's not so much overcorwded as I had heard before. We went there last year with a crowd of expats and everybody could see everything! It's even no need to come earlier than 10. Because those who came at 8-9, just waited for a long time. Some people tried to climb ad stalls (like roofs) and they could see perfectly everything!

Enjoy!

Driver
29-04-2010, 22:28
it will be fun to walk around the center of Moscow after the Parade. Lots of people around...

sueinmoscow
21-07-2010, 18:22
And it sure was even though it was a long time ago! Finally sorting through my emails

I will be back
25-07-2010, 02:07
And I made a lot of nice pictures

sueinmoscow
26-07-2010, 09:00
Yes me too far too many really, thank god for digital cameras!