PDA

View Full Version : Attempt on Chubais' life yesterday

aysihsK
18-03-2005, 11:14
So guys what do you think bout that show? ;) Should we expect any changes on our political scene any time soon? What do you reckon? ;)

Kseniya
18-03-2005, 11:16
nice show! I believe he organized this by himself! it is his own PR company. he is a сunning fox (хитрая морда)! to the truth people don't like him in Russia, my family and colleagues agree with me in this.:agree:
and I wonder that this news was showed on TV so many times yesterday - EVENT of the 2005 year прям. He thinks he is the hub of the universe???

jheisel
18-03-2005, 11:17
Tend to agree with Kseniya. Although I liked this in the MT:

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, leader of the ultranationalist Liberal Democratic Party, suggested that Dmitry Rogozin's nationalist Rodina party -- which has lashed out at Chubais' 1990s reforms -- could have been behind the attack.
But Rogozin replied, "It wasn't us. We wouldn't have missed," Interfax reported.

aysihsK
18-03-2005, 11:19
It is obvious it was staged however I am more curious bout what they are cooking for us :D I wonder if we should expect some changes in government any time soon, such shows are not just to entertain us, right? ;)

boscoe
18-03-2005, 11:22
Originally posted by jheisel

But Rogozin replied, "It wasn't us. We wouldn't have missed," Interfax reported.

You gotta love Russia sometimes! :D

sevan
18-03-2005, 11:35
I don't think that he staged it. I think that this whole place is going to hell in a handbag. As always. This is just the latest proof.

Who did it? He doesn't know - otherwise he would have been more specfic about whether it was his "business" or "political" activities that led to the attempt. My guess? Gazprom. The root of all evil.

Kseniya
18-03-2005, 11:40
Anyway even if this thing wasn't staged he would be killed sooner or later... He has too many enemies.

koba65
18-03-2005, 11:41
Originally posted by Kseniya
nice show! I believe he organized this by himself! it is his own PR company. he is a сunning fox (хитрая морда)! to the truth people don't like him in Russia, my family and colleagues agree with me in this.:agree:
and I wonder that this news was showed on TV so many times yesterday - EVENT of the 2005 year прям. He thinks he is the hub of the universe???

Мда! Во всём виноват Чубайс.....

Kseniya
18-03-2005, 11:43
Originally posted by koba65
Мда! Во всём виноват Чубайс.....

no doubt!....

koba65
18-03-2005, 11:45
no doubt!....

I'd just like to know where Kshisya was yesterday when this was going on....:ninja: :eh:

aysihsK
18-03-2005, 11:46
Originally posted by sevan
I don't think that he staged it. I think that this whole place is going to hell in a handbag. As always. This is just the latest proof.

Who did it? He doesn't know - otherwise he would have been more specfic about whether it was his "business" or "political" activities that led to the attempt. My guess? Gazprom. The root of all evil.

Well I wouldn't agree. First off all if they really wanted to kill him they really wouldn't have missed :D Besides Chubais looked pretty confident saying that he does know who "ordered" him and that he would solve that problem himself and punish the ones who arranged it ;) I am pretty sure it was not bout business but politics + I wonder how come that the most comments regarding this all day long were from Kasiyanov :D why the heck ?

Random
18-03-2005, 11:54
Maybe he didn't want the Olympics being held here - Inspectors are still in town ...its not going to look good is it !

aysihsK
18-03-2005, 11:57
I'd just like to know where Kshisya was yesterday when this was going on....:ninja: :eh:

:eek: I was knitting :rolleyes: :p

Random! :hooray: yeaaaaaaaa Olimpics!!! forgot bout that one! must've been it! :verycool:

Kseniya
18-03-2005, 11:57
Random, unfortunately Olympic Games wouldn't be held here...I feel that...

jheisel
18-03-2005, 12:52
Random, unfortunately Olympic Games wouldn't be held here...I feel that...

But really, who is that unfortunate for, other than Luzhkov's wife?

DPG
18-03-2005, 12:53
Agree with JH!

Ned Kelly
18-03-2005, 15:30
I think that this whole place is going to hell in a handbag.

agree, it is a godbastard shambles.

sevan
18-03-2005, 16:57
Originally posted by aysihsK
Well I wouldn't agree. First off all if they really wanted to kill him they really wouldn't have missed :D Besides Chubais looked pretty confident saying that he does know who "ordered" him and that he would solve that problem himself and punish the ones who arranged it ;) I am pretty sure it was not bout business but politics + I wonder how come that the most comments regarding this all day long were from Kasiyanov :D why the heck ?

They didn't miss - his car pulled into the other lane to pass some cars that were ahead just before the bomb went off. They didn't miss - he was just damn lucky.

aysihsK
18-03-2005, 17:02
They didn't miss - his car pulled into the other lane to pass some cars that were ahead just before the bomb went off. They didn't miss - he was just damn lucky.

or the driver was justinformed at what moment to change direction :p

preacher of hedonism
21-03-2005, 09:41
I don't think that he staged it. I think that this whole place is going to hell in a handbag. As always. This is just the latest proof. Don't like it? Then leave.

koba65
21-03-2005, 10:20
Originally posted by preacher of hedonism
Don't like it? Then leave.

At least he cares enough to be concerned about the current state of affairs here. Would you rather people not give a sh&t? (Like me! ;) )

preacher of hedonism
21-03-2005, 10:31
I would rather have people from abroad who live here and make money to be respectful of the country they reside in. When you care, you normally show it in a different way. At least I do

Jet
21-03-2005, 10:36
The main suspect in this particular case is somebody who is highly unlikely to fail an attemp, had he really been involved. His doctorate dissertation was on the history of special operations, not to mention that his last post was a commander of the 15th independent specnaz brigade (15 OBrSpN GRU).

koba65
21-03-2005, 10:50
I would rather have people from abroad who live here and make money to be respectful of the country they reside in. When you care, you normally show it in a different way. At least I do

Most foreigners who live here do respect and enjoy the country - otherwise they'd leave. The same people who say "hell in a handbasket" more than likely feel the same way about their own countries when they observe a negative trend. It's normal. Doesn't really mean they don't care.

Jet - I don't believe that the suspect, with his background, would be so damn sloppy with leaving evidence behind.

Ned Kelly
21-03-2005, 10:50

i think assassination attempts are an important sign of the stabilization and democratic development against the backdrop of a strengthening of the state apparatus wrought by president vladimir putin. bombs near black bmw's are important to russia's rising self-confidence and growing international presitige.

the thing is, chubais is a western suckhole who sold russia to the jews, so separating his red head from his stubby neck is in line with the new dictatorship of the law heralded by putin in 1999.

preacher of hedonism
21-03-2005, 11:38
Ned, I understand it. I see your point, and I'm not arguing it. what bugs me is when people call a country a handbasket as if they are the ultimate truth. I happy to accept any argument, but not a rant

koba65
21-03-2005, 12:09
Ned, I understand it. I see your point, and I'm not arguing it. what bugs me is when people call a country a handbasket as if they are the ultimate truth. I happy to accept any argument, but not a rant

You're putting too much emphasis on a glib comment. I can't answer for the originator of the statement, but I'm sure if people here thought the country was sliding into an abyss, they'd be making plans to leave. You hear the "hell in a handbasket" all the time when similiar incidents happen in the West.

Ned Kelly
21-03-2005, 12:22

the key issue here is what we're carrying.

sevan meant to say handbasket (as in hell in a handbasket), but said handbag. you, i think, took it as implying putin wears a handbag on his european soirees (going for the thatcher thing: the "up yours de lors" look).

you said handbasket, i suspect meaning sevan was calling russia a basket-case, a sack of shit with no hope that'll be speaking ukrainian by the end of this century.

in fact, i think he was implying that the events of recent months are slightly depressing for someone who lives here, has a wife here and is about to have a child here and hopes for the best for russia.

i tend to have similar feelings. it's not an attack on the country, it's profound disappointment with the performance of the elite.

preacher of hedonism
21-03-2005, 12:27
well, fair enough. I might have just misunderstood. I'm sorry if that's the case

Ned Kelly
21-03-2005, 12:29
cool.

aysihsK
21-03-2005, 15:10
sohow bout Chubais? :D

koba65
21-03-2005, 15:13
sohow bout Chubais? :D

Who is Chubais?

aysihsK
21-03-2005, 15:16
Who is Chubais?
:D you took my line! I was thinking of asking this question but as I started the thread I thought it would be too much :p

Jet
21-03-2005, 15:17
ayasihsK, when news flash came across, most of the people in Russia thought: "Who does an attempt like this?! Let me show them how's done!"

aysihsK
21-03-2005, 15:18
Originally posted by Jet
ayasihsK, when news flash came across, most of the people in Russia thought: "Who does an attempt like this?! Let me show them how's done!"

well we are humans and not animals so I do not share such an attitude, do you? :p

monkey-girl
21-03-2005, 15:20
Who is Chubais?

that's my parents' cat's name!

koba65
21-03-2005, 15:20
well we are humans and not animals so I do not share such an attitude, do you? :p

Hold on a sec, aren't humans in the Animal Kingdom?:eh:

aysihsK
21-03-2005, 15:23
Hold on a sec, aren't humans in the Animal Kingdom?:eh:

me not :D I passed that stage :p not sure if you guys are still in that Kingdom, are you? :p

Kseniya
21-03-2005, 15:38
Chubais was the hero last week not this week...

Ned Kelly
21-03-2005, 16:00
i think chubais is a sincere person who fell in with a bad crowd.

Sadie
21-03-2005, 18:47
i think so too: sincere, honest, kind-hearted and thoughtful of others. he has only 1 lil drawback - he can't help stealing milliards. but on the whole cool chap ;) :thumbsup:

Kseniya
21-03-2005, 18:52
yeah. he is a very honest guy! he had made a very nice PR of himself last week,right?

(раз уж такая петрушка то: фигня, что он ограбил все население России, он все равно самый дорогой и любимый. отличный ПИАР себе замутил на той неделе) :eh:

Jet
21-03-2005, 19:04
One thing about this Chubays character that brings Russians together - nobody likes this f**ker!

Halyavshik
22-03-2005, 11:45
Someone commented earlier in this thread about Zhirik blaming Rogin. Curious.

There was an interesting article last week in The Moscow Times about methods that Putin might use to stay in power after this term is up. One way put forth by someone quoted in the article was to create an ostensible threat by an ultra nationalist group that would give the current administration grounds to cancel the next elections based on political instability.

Given Zhirik's image of administration puppet for more blatantly expressing what United Russia won't say aloud, the whole assassination attempt seems to play into the Rogin/Nationalist theory quite well.

Maybe it was staged, Zhirik (on behalf of United) blames Rogin's party and we start to see signs of political instability that give the populace cause to worry about letting Putin leave office.

Far-fetched ? Maybe, but stranger things have happened here, and I definitely wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

jheisel
22-03-2005, 11:48
Originally posted by Halyavshik
Someone commented earlier in this thread about Zhirik blaming Rogin. Curious.

There was an interesting article last week in The Moscow Times about methods that Putin might use to stay in power after this term is up. One way put forth by someone quoted in the article was to create an ostensible threat by an ultra nationalist group that would give the current administration grounds to cancel the next elections based on political instability.

Given Zhirik's image of administration puppet for more blatantly expressing what United Russia won't say aloud, the whole assassination attempt seems to play into the Rogin/Nationalist theory quite well.

Maybe it was staged, Zhirik (on behalf of United) blames Rogin's party and we start to see signs of political instability that give the populace cause to worry about letting Putin leave office.

Far-fetched ? Maybe, but stranger things have happened here, and I definitely wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

I think a much more likely way of Putin staying in power in 2008 is to finally complete the Belarus-Russia union, and then create a new constitution. Putin would be first president (or whatever) of the new union, and would get 2 terms as per the new constitution.

Kseniya
22-03-2005, 11:50
I think a much more likely way of Putin staying in power in 2008 is to finally complete the Belarus-Russia union, and then create a new constitution. Putin would be first president (or whatever) of the new union, and would get 2 terms as per the new constitution.

do you think he really wants to stay in power in 08?....:rolleyes:

Halyavshik
22-03-2005, 11:51

I don't think Putin wants Belorussia or Lukashenko anywhere near power here. It was a dumb idea to begin with and I doubt the union will ever be anything more than symbolic. It's too transparent a way to stay in power.

Creating a scary radical party blamed for assassinations is more persuasive a reason than a silly symbolic union with Belarus, with whom Russia is more than happy to keep their distance from.

Halyavshik
22-03-2005, 11:53

He says he doesn't, but do you believe that ? There's been relatively frank discussion of late. Zhirik blaming Rogin fits exactly into one of the theories proposed.

jheisel
22-03-2005, 11:56

I can't recall many examples in Russian history when the country's leader wanted to exit power, and was not forced out (or died).

Ned Kelly
22-03-2005, 12:02
agree hal, zhirik tends to play the holy fool on the russian political scene and rodina and rogozin have the smell of the kremlin's own frankenstein creation - the nationalists who ended up making russia's first patriot, putin, look like a liberal sell-out to the west.

i'd be more inclined to think they'd use the chubais attempt or something similar to get rogozin off the political scene rather than cancel elections. i still don't think putin will stay on though. he'd lose any ability to play an international role (which he loves) as his last vestiges of legitimacy would be gone.

i know russia is not belarus in that it has oil and nukes but the world has changed a lot.

preacher of hedonism
22-03-2005, 12:47
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
agree hal, zhirik tends to play the holy fool on the russian political scene and rodina and rogozin have the smell of the kremlin's own frankenstein creation - the nationalists who ended up making russia's first patriot, putin, look like a liberal sell-out to the west.

i'd be more inclined to think they'd use the chubais attempt or something similar to get rogozin off the political scene rather than cancel elections. i still don't think putin will stay on though. he'd lose any ability to play an international role (which he loves) as his last vestiges of legitimacy would be gone.

i know russia is not belarus in that it has oil and nukes but the world has changed a lot. I don't think he's gonna stay either. My guess is that he is going to lead a party, maybe he'll form one.

Ned Kelly
22-03-2005, 12:52
i think he'll play elder statesman and won't need any party. he'll be more powerful than yeltsin in that sense as he's likely to appoint another kgb chap as his successor so his clan retains control. yeltsin has to waive all that to protect his family and himself.

preacher of hedonism
22-03-2005, 13:10
that would also make sense. there is still a lot of time though. hundreds of "stategists" and "analytics" will come up with thousands of theories and none of them will probably come true. :)

koba65
22-03-2005, 14:07
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
i think he'll play elder statesman and won't need any party. he'll be more powerful than yeltsin in that sense as he's likely to appoint another kgb chap as his successor so his clan retains control. yeltsin has to waive all that to protect his family and himself.

The latest conspiracy theory has Putin creating a European-style parliment with a strong PM, he'll of course, end up the PM with a weak President.

Ned Kelly
22-03-2005, 14:39
yes, i read that too. khodorkovsky first floated that idea didn;t he? ;)