PDA

View Full Version : BrandonL is in the HOT SEAT!

MissAnnElk
20-04-2010, 17:23
So . . . welcome to the HOT SEAT BrandonL!

We're going to ask you questions, and you are going to tell us a little about yourself (at your discretion, of course).

I'll start off with a few:

1. Tina Turner or Annie Lenox?

2. Vodka or beer?

3. Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, or Patriots?

4. Are you old enough to remember the band, Boston?

YouTube- Boston-more than a feeling (LIVE 1976)

FlakeySnowballer
20-04-2010, 19:31
I will be second.

1. How old are you?
2. Which university did you finish?
3. Do you like snowboarding?
4. Are you blonde or brunette?
5. What do you think about Israel?
6. Do you like animals?
7. What is your favorite meal?
8. Are you easygoing?

Thanks )) Have a good day:fridaysign:

BrandonL
20-04-2010, 20:18
So . . . welcome to the HOT SEAT BrandonL!

We're going to ask you questions, and you are going to tell us a little about yourself (at your discretion, of course).

I'll start off with a few:

1. Tina Turner or Annie Lenox?

2. Vodka or beer?

3. Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, or Patriots?

4. Are you old enough to remember the band, Boston?

YouTube- Boston-more than a feeling (LIVE 1976) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o2TkDYeBuw&feature=related)

1) I love Tina Turner
2) Actually, I don't drink at all, but if I had no choice, I'll take the Vodka
3) I love my Boston redsox))
4) I do remember the band Boston, but sadly, I don't remember any of their songs(

I will be second.

1. How old are you?
2. Which university did you finish?
3. Do you like snowboarding?
4. Are you blonde or brunette?
5. What do you think about Israel?
6. Do you like animals?
7. What is your favorite meal?
8. Are you easygoing?

Thanks )) Have a good day:fridaysign:

1) I'm 28, October 27th is my birthday
2) I graduated from University of Colorado with a double Bachelors degree, and got my double masters at the university of Boston
3) I love snowboarding and Skiing, my mother is head pattern designer of Spyder active wear, so I get to check out all the slopes for free)
4) I'm a brunette)
5) What do I think about Israel, well that's a lot, in a nutshell, the country is having alot more problems then it should be, but what country isn't? It's one country I would still love to visit)
6) Animals, I love'em especially cats, I'm a cat person
7) Bulgogi) it's a Korean dish, my mother use to make me all the time, I love it
8) Easy going? well, I guess that depends on the situation, but I would guess I am.

Dolgoprudny Neil
20-04-2010, 20:35
1. How long have you been in Moscow?

2. How long are you planning to stay?

3. Do you speak Russian?

4. What do you do for a living?

5. What do you like best about Moscow?

6. What do you least like about Moscow?

7. What was the last book you read?

BrandonL
20-04-2010, 20:42
1. How long have you been in Moscow?

2. How long are you planning to stay?

3. Do you speak Russian?

4. What do you do for a living?

5. What do you like best about Moscow?

6. What do you least like about Moscow?

7. What was the last book you read?

1) I lived in Yekaterinburg in 2007, for 6 months. This time around, I have been here for about a year and a half, since December 2008.

2) I'm planning to stay for quite a while, I've been to over 50 countries, lived in 6 countries, and this is by far my favorite country

3) Do I speak Russian, well, Yes and No) Depends on what you need me to say lol

4) Well, I was regional manager of California Pizza kitchen. Now I'm just a humble teacher)

5) What do I like best? WOMEN! no just kidding, well kinda just kidding)
I really love the history of the country and it's culture, and it's also a beautiful city)

6) What do I like least? People can't respect my personal space bubble, and there is no such thing as a "line" in Russia)

7) The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

tvadim133
20-04-2010, 21:37
You are very fast in answering, that is good! :)

How did you decide to come to Russia?

What do you like to do after your work (hobbies, interests)?

What do you miss first of all in Russia (I guess, your relatives, but besides relatives)?

Matt24
20-04-2010, 21:43
what was your year book epitath, 'Student most likely to...................' ?

BrandonL
20-04-2010, 21:54
You are very fast in answering, that is good! :)

How did you decide to come to Russia?

What do you like to do after your work (hobbies, interests)?

What do you miss first of all in Russia (I guess, your relatives, but besides relatives)?

Why I came to Russia, that's a long story...Well, I lived in Myrtle Beach, and I met alot of interesting people there, from Russia, up until this point, I've only been to Mexico and Canada.
they told me, hey why not come to Russia, and in a Nutshell, I said sure why not, so I traveled to Ekaterinburg, Russia. and I don't know how to describe the feeling, but I felt a feeling of belonging, I guess you can say
After that, I returned to the states, and I kept thinking of Russia, I thought, well Maybe because I traveled to the other side of the world, I have this feeling, so I traveled the world, lived in a few other countries, and nothing felt quite like Russia, so, here I am)

What do I like to do after work?
Spend time with my lovely, beautiful perfect girlfriend, watching movies, arguing with her, you know the normal relationship stuff))
On weekends, I like to go out with some friends) Bars, clubs, shoot pool, go bowling, and an occasional a prostitute or two (joking) :)

what was your year book epitath, 'Student most likely to...................' ?

Student most likely to die doing something stupid
Why, Cause I love extreme sports, ie Sky diving, and sorts)

MissAnnElk
21-04-2010, 13:40
2) I graduated from University of Colorado with a double Bachelors degree, and got my double masters at the university of Boston

6) Animals, I love'em especially cats, I'm a cat person

7) Bulgogi) it's a Korean dish, my mother use to make me all the time, I love it

What did you study?

What is your ideal cat? (breed, color, etc)

Bulgogi? Is someone in the family Korean? That's a wonderful dish. Is there anywhere to get it in Moscow, or do you make your own? Or just wait for Mom's?

BrandonL
21-04-2010, 15:16
What did you study?

What is your ideal cat? (breed, color, etc)

Bulgogi? Is someone in the family Korean? That's a wonderful dish. Is there anywhere to get it in Moscow, or do you make your own? Or just wait for Mom's?

1) I studied computer programming and business management

2) My ideal cat, don't really have one, I just love cats in general. I love the independence they have, the idea that they actually train their owner, and the fact that they choose to live with you. If they don't like you, they'll leave.
Although, my favorite cat was Muha, a rare long haired gray cat.

3) Yes, my mother is full Korean, I haven't found a place that serves it in Moscow, but I do know how to cook it myself, I cooked it for all my female friends for women's day, and they all said it was very very good, and they keep asking me for more)

MissAnnElk
21-04-2010, 16:41
I like orange cats the best, but have not had one in ages. (I have 2 now)

Matt24
21-04-2010, 17:00
1)

3) Yes, my mother is full Korean, I haven't found a place that serves it in Moscow, but I do know how to cook it myself, I cooked it for all my female friends for women's day, and they all said it was very very good, and they keep asking me for more)

The Korean restaurant in the world trade centre, top notch and the one in the basement of the Korston hotel near the university, both offer it, my preference and what seems to come with a vote of confidence by the Korean business community, is the world trade centre venue.

Matt

Kraven Morehead
21-04-2010, 20:31
I like orange cats the best, but have not had one in ages. (I have 2 now)

I do believe that all Orange cats are male and ginger ones are female.
Calico cats are all female also.
That is if my memory is still good.

Judge
21-04-2010, 20:38
Hi Brandon.
Can you play any card games?

Which famous person would you like to get drunk with,why?

If the world was going to end(like they are saying 2012:D) how would you like to spend your last day on Earth?

BrandonL
21-04-2010, 21:48
Hi Brandon.
Can you play any card games?

Which famous person would you like to get drunk with,why?

If the world was going to end(like they are saying 2012:D) how would you like to spend your last day on Earth?

1) Card games, I LOVE card games, my favorite card game is Spades, followed by Texas hold'em

2) Famous person I would like to get drunk with? can they be a dead famous person? If so, George Carlin, if they have to be alive...I'd have to say George Bush.

3) With Friends and family, and my beautiful girlfriend, doing something crazy to go out with a bang!

tvadim133
21-04-2010, 21:53
They say, russians have different mntality from western people.

Can you describe what differences there are, first of all, to your opinion?

Do you think that you become russian from this point of view and what excatly has been changed in your behavour, attitudes or habbits?

AussieinMoscow
21-04-2010, 22:23
I thought I would throw in a few questions too:

1. As you like to jump out of planes and what not, what's been your worst sport's injury?

2. What was your favourite nursery rhyme/song as a child?

3. In all your travels and experiences, what is one particular memory that makes you laugh when ever you think of it?

: )

Kraven Morehead
21-04-2010, 23:11
What happens to all the missing socks in the world?

Can name events in your life that changed your thinking?

Do you like Boston Irish scene?

If you got an actor(actress hey you never know) to play your life in a movie who would it be?

Where would you take friends in Russia to show them the Russia you know?

Who was your idol when you were a child?

BrandonL
22-04-2010, 08:38
They say, russians have different mntality from western people.

Can you describe what differences there are, first of all, to your opinion?

Do you think that you become russian from this point of view and what excatly has been changed in your behavour, attitudes or habbits?

1) the differences, I think all people are really the same, I think Russian's once you get to know them, are more open and more "real" then in America.
I think Russian's live life and show it how it is on their face, while America really doesn't do that, we cover it up, with a smile. (I'll answer more when I have time)

2) You know, nothing has changed, I'm American, and I will always be an American, I really haven't seen many of my habits change, except maybe I don't whistle or sing in public anymore, I don't wear my jacket when I eat, and I guess I really don't smile as much as I use too :)

I thought I would throw in a few questions too:

1. As you like to jump out of planes and what not, what's been your worst sport's injury?

2. What was your favourite nursery rhyme/song as a child?

3. In all your travels and experiences, what is one particular memory that makes you laugh when ever you think of it?

: )

1) I've never had a sports injury) I've never broken, sprained, fractured a bone in my life)

2) Humpty dumpty is my favorite, something about an egg shaped guy always got to me.

3) Yes, I was in Rome, and I have a toy hedgehog that travels everywhere with me. My ex girlfriend and I took a beautiful picture of him and it looks like he's climbing the Vatican. I laugh every single time I think of that moment.
there's many many more, but that's the first one that came to me

What happens to all the missing socks in the world?

Can name events in your life that changed your thinking?

Do you like Boston Irish scene?

If you got an actor(actress hey you never know) to play your life in a movie who would it be?

Where would you take friends in Russia to show them the Russia you know?

Who was your idol when you were a child?

1) I stole them, and they are in my closet

2) Traveling the world changed my world

3) Yes, and No, depends on where I am, and where I'm going

4) Jet Li, he is one badass dude

5) Siberia, or maybe the Urals, I don't consider Moscow "Russia"

6) Cal Ripken Jr. was my idol.

(sorry I'll answer in more detail later, no time right now)

Moskauerin
22-04-2010, 11:40
Do you remember your dreams when you awaken? Do you have colour or black & white dreams? What's your most beautiful and most horrible dream?

BrandonL
22-04-2010, 13:13
Do you remember your dreams when you awaken? Do you have colour or black & white dreams? What's your most beautiful and most horrible dream?

Sadly, I don't remember dreams, I don't remember any dreams :(

FlakeySnowballer
22-04-2010, 20:43
Is it true that if a man in the USA opens a door for a woman she will take him to court?

MissAnnElk
22-04-2010, 20:56
Is it true that if a man in the USA opens a door for a woman she will take him to court?

NO!

That's like asking if the streets of Moscow are over run with bears.

Matt24
22-04-2010, 21:10
NO!

That's like asking if the streets of Moscow are over run with bears.

surely it depends on how fast the car is traveling?

BrandonL
22-04-2010, 22:04

I think the post right after yours, answers this question the best.

No, it will not happen, the women would actually be very flattered.
Say thank you, and smile.

We have a thing called sexual harassment, opening a door is not sexual harassment.

Slapping a girl on the ass and saying that's one nice **** can get you taken to court. but TBH it rarely happens.

tvadim133
22-04-2010, 22:12
What did you do last summer?

BrandonL
22-04-2010, 22:14
What did you do last summer?

Last summer, I went to America for two weeks to visit my mother

then I spent a perfect week in Rome and Capri with my ex girlfriend!)

Was a magical and wonderful time, that I will never forget.

FlakeySnowballer
22-04-2010, 22:39
What do you know about the sleeper districts in Moscow?

Is that truth that USA police don't take money from the drivers?

BrandonL
22-04-2010, 23:11
What do you know about the sleeper districts in Moscow?

Is that truth that USA police don't take money from the drivers?

1) I know nothing about the sleeper district in Moscow

2) No, the police won't take money, if you offer them money, you get charged with bribery and arrested.

tvadim133
22-04-2010, 23:33
1) I know nothing about the sleeper district in Moscow

2) No, the police won't take money, if you offer them money, you get charged with bribery and arrested.

Have you ever been arrested by the way (where, when, for what?) :)

What places in Moscow are liked by you most of all?

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 08:36
Have you ever been arrested by the way (where, when, for what?) :)

What places in Moscow are liked by you most of all?

1) Yes, I've been arrested
it was Boulder, Colorado
I just finished building my 99 GS-T eclipse
I was going 197 MPH down highway 36 at 3am. Yes, I know it was dumb, you don't need to remind me) The cops roadblocked me after three exits.
My car got impounded, I was handcuffed, and I remember the officer, saying "you'll be sitting in jail for a long time, and don't except to drive anytime soon.
Well, I did a little Russian Style corruption, my next door neighbor was a judge, who I knew for a very very long time. he managed to re-instate my license, I spent a total of 3 hours in jail, before I was bonded out)

2) What places do I like most in Moscow, At metro station Voikovskaya there is a BEAUTIFUL park behind the train tracks, it is my favorite place to go, it's so beautiful.

I LOVE the northern green line area, I think IMO, the best part of Moscow.

Moskauerin
23-04-2010, 11:58
What is "99 GS-T eclipse"? Is it a car make? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 12:27
What is "99 GS-T eclipse"? Is it a car make? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

Mitsubiushi Eclipse, it's a car :)

MissAnnElk
23-04-2010, 16:37
Do you drive in Moscow?

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 16:51
Do you drive in Moscow?

I've driven in Moscow before, I think it's quite fun, but that's just me :)

I'm actually shipping my current car (Toyota Celica) from the States to Barcelona, then I'm doing to roadtrip it to Moscow, which will be an interesting and a once in a life time experience)

FlakeySnowballer
23-04-2010, 21:58
Is it truth that in US Schools all pupils learn US hymn and sing it every day before class?

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 22:01
Is it truth that in US Schools all pupils learn US hymn and sing it every day before class?

No, it's not true))

MissAnnElk
23-04-2010, 22:03
US "hymn"? You mean the national anthem? Didn't you learn yours at school? What a silly question. Feeling a bit feisty, Flakey?

We used to say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in elementary school when I was a kid, but that was back during the Cold War. They don't do it now, I don't think, except for special occasions.

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 22:08
US "hymn"? You mean the national anthem? Didn't you learn yours at school? What a silly question. Feeling a bit feisty, Flakey?

We used to say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in elementary school when I was a kid, but that was back during the Cold War. They don't do it now, I don't think, except for special occasions.

Correct, I did it when I was very young, I never did it in highschool, or College.

MickeyTong
23-04-2010, 22:10
Well then, that proves it: blind, unthinking patriotism is for toddlers.

FlakeySnowballer
23-04-2010, 22:17

I meant the main song of the country. Regarding me i didn't learn it at school i will tell you even more when i was in the year of 2 i went with my parents to the election, break away the Ussa emblem from the tribune so i am totally under political person

I saw many Us movies and there children sang a hymn before class at school.

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 22:26

I meant the main song of the country. Regarding me i didn't learn it at school i will tell you even more when i was in the year of 2 i went with my parents to the election, break away the Ussa emblem from the tribune so i am totally under political person

I saw many Us movies and there children sang a hymn before class at school.

Exactly, Movies....Sorry to bust your bubble Flakey but...movies, aren't real)

tvadim133
23-04-2010, 22:55
Speaking about silly stereotypes or may be not very silly, what had you heard and thought about Russia before coming here for the first time?

to Flakey: I have never watched such kind of movies,,,, Can you, please, give me just one example?

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 23:01
Speaking about silly stereotypes or may be not very silly, what had you heard and thought about Russia before coming here for the first time?

to Flakey: I have never watched such kind of movies,,,, Can you, please, give me just one example?

To be honest...none, I never really cared about what people say about a place, when I know they've never been there.

I've never heard anyone say anything bad or good about Russia actually, before I went to Ekaterinburg.

After that, people asked me all sorts of crazy questions, which was kinda fun and funny)

Dolgoprudny Neil
23-04-2010, 23:10
If you could meet one person from Russian history, who would it be and why?

Matt24
23-04-2010, 23:24
this whole Tina Turner / George Bush thing bugs me, why would you want to go on the brewskies with GWB? Do you have a cunning plan to drink him into a coma and then get biblical on his evil bottom, or , and I apologize in advance for the use of the 'R' word, are you a Republican? the Tina Turner issue will become clearer in my mind depending on your answer to the Bush question.

thanks

Matt

FlakeySnowballer
23-04-2010, 23:39

I don't tell you the name of these movies. It was some TV serials about US pupils also i remember one movie about the korean girl who was adoptioned by the US family and she studied English in the US school and had an English contests with the american pupils. So i have another question to Brandon.
Is it real that Us pupils have English contest in which they must spell the word without mistakes (for example APPLE - A _P_P_L_E)
Because regarding Russian school there are no such contests.

BrandonL
23-04-2010, 23:52
If you could meet one person from Russian history, who would it be and why?

this whole Tina Turner / George Bush thing bugs me, why would you want to go on the brewskies with GWB? Do you have a cunning plan to drink him into a coma and then get biblical on his evil bottom, or , and I apologize in advance for the use of the 'R' word, are you a Republican? the Tina Turner issue will become clearer in my mind depending on your answer to the Bush question.

thanks

Matt

I don't tell you the name of these movies. It was some TV serials about US pupils also i remember one movie about the korean girl who was adoptioned by the US family and she studied English in the US school and had an English contests with the american pupils. So i have another question to Brandon.
Is it real that Us pupils have English contest in which they must spell the word without mistakes (for example APPLE - A _P_P_L_E)
Because regarding Russian school there are no such contests.

Neil, and Matt, I'll answer your questions tomorrow when I have more time
Flakey, yes we do, but it's not simple words like that, they are very difficult.

MickeyTong
25-04-2010, 13:50
Hi Brandon.

I have an image in my head of you (a teetotaler) and GWB (a "dry" alcoholic) getting drunk together. But I can't imagine the dialogue. Would it be along the lines of *fcuk the 12 Steps", "how did you ever manage to drink gallons of this stuff, George?", "thanks, Brandon - you've put me back in touch with my True Self, but don't puke on my Secret Service guard"....?

Allegations of endemic Russian racism pop up on this forum from time to time. In the politics of your daily life, do you feel disrespected or devalued as a person or a teacher? Or do you actively seek out master-race-manque skinheads so you can maintain your Tae Kwon Do skills? Or has the issue just never arisen for you in Russia?

Do you see yourself as a "settler" in Moscow, or will you return to the US?

Lady GaGa, or Rage Against The Machine?

Calvin and Hobbes, or Garfield?

Captain America, or Swamp Thing?

Apocalypse Now, or The Green Berets?

Is mu a valid answer to anything, or is it like the Scottish legal verdict of "Not Proven"?

dontcallme
28-04-2010, 07:09
I think it's time for new blood

BrandonL
28-04-2010, 08:07

thanks

Matt

I'd go get some beer with GWB, just so we can go into the woods after he's drunk, tie him to a tree, and leave him there to die :)

Hi Brandon.

I have an image in my head of you (a teetotaler) and GWB (a "dry" alcoholic) getting drunk together. But I can't imagine the dialogue. Would it be along the lines of *fcuk the 12 Steps", "how did you ever manage to drink gallons of this stuff, George?", "thanks, Brandon - you've put me back in touch with my True Self, but don't puke on my Secret Service guard"....?

Allegations of endemic Russian racism pop up on this forum from time to time. In the politics of your daily life, do you feel disrespected or devalued as a person or a teacher? Or do you actively seek out master-race-manque skinheads so you can maintain your Tae Kwon Do skills? Or has the issue just never arisen for you in Russia?

Do you see yourself as a "settler" in Moscow, or will you return to the US?

Lady GaGa, or Rage Against The Machine?

Calvin and Hobbes, or Garfield?

Captain America, or Swamp Thing?

Apocalypse Now, or The Green Berets?

Is mu a valid answer to anything, or is it like the Scottish legal verdict of "Not Proven"?

GWB and I would discuss how much he loves cocaine, and the 12 steps to ruin a country and the 12 steps on how to ruin businesses :)

I've never delt with the racism in Russia yet, I feel like I'm always well respected. so all in all, the issue has never risen for me in Moscow, which I must say I feel lucky about.

Rage of course

Calvin or Garfield...damn that is probably the most difficult question I've ever had to answer....I think I'd go with Calvin, his imagination can't be touched and Hobbes is the ****ing shit.

Gotta go with the captain, cause everyone has a little captain in them :)
(I wonder who will get this)

and I'll go with Apoc now.

Matt24
28-04-2010, 09:00
I'd go get some beer with GWB, just so we can go into the woods after he's drunk, tie him to a tree, and leave him there to die :)

faith restored