Random
11-03-2005, 17:09
Scary crom very scary ....

Kseniya
11-03-2005, 17:10
I had never heard about him:(

Shatneresque
11-03-2005, 17:19
"I still think of myself as I was 25 years ago. Then I look in a mirror and see an old bastard and realise it's me."

"Am I the Irish comedian with half a finger? No, I'm the Irish comedian with nine and a half fingers."

"I don't go out of my way to be outrageous, I just go out of my way to look at things."

"I'm an Atheist...thank God."

"I've stopped smoking...I think the cost was a lot of it, and not being able to breathe. I first gave up smoking when I was eight."

"A good storyteller never lets the facts get in the way."

"We spend our lives on the run: we get up by the clock, eat and sleep by the clock, get up again, go to work - and then we retire. And what do they give us? A clock."

"If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment."

"Don't mourn for me now, don't mourn for me never - I'm going to do nothing for ever and ever (what Allen said he would like to have inscribed on his tombstone) "

"Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you"

Trojan
11-03-2005, 21:16
Dave Allen's wife said to him,"Drunk again."

He replied, "So am I."

Chiara
12-03-2005, 00:15
A man goes to heaven, and St Peter shows him around. They go past one room, and the man asks: "Who are all those people in there?" "They are the Methodists," says St Peter. They pass another room, and the man asks the same question. "They are the Anglicans," says St Peter. As they're approaching the next room, St Peter says: "Take your shoes off and tiptoe by as quietly as you can." "Why, who's in there?" asks the man. "The Catholics," says St Peter, "and they think that they're the only ones up here."

I thought he'd died years ago, to be honest. RIP.

tbill
14-03-2005, 15:10
They used to show Dave Allen at large before Dr Who came on Channel 11 in Chicago on Sunday nights.

I really liked him.

tbill
14-03-2005, 15:20
They used to show Dave Allen at large before Dr Who came on Channel 11 in Chicago on Sunday nights.

I really liked him.