PDA

View Full Version : Amazing ads, and they were all legal

Benedikt
17-04-2010, 21:56
http://kurier.at/multimedia/bilder/1994600.php?bild=1
just click on the red arrow, the ads are all from the states, while the comment is from my favorite morning newspaper.
amazing what the agencies came up with it,:yuk: and people believed it, silly as they were then, nothing much has improved with today's ads.
I still firmly believe, the more advertising, the worse the product!:agree:

tvadim133
17-04-2010, 23:39
Well, it is not so that the quality of goods and the quantity of advertising depends upon each other, though the advertising is needed in many cases.

Provocatives, with sence of humour advertising is "attractive" for customers, that's why agencies try to use it more and more, but....

I would think careful about such kind of ways of advertising, due to it can make the vv effect (illiminating brand or product perception).

MickeyTong
18-04-2010, 16:27
YouTube- Flintstones Cigarette Commercial

YouTube- More Doctors Smoke Camels Than Any Other Cigarette

YouTube- More Doctors Smoke Camels Than Any Other Cigarette 2

YouTube- Racist Commercial

YouTube- When Car Commercials gets sexist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJpcIpILsN8

Benedikt
19-04-2010, 09:36
..at least some of them.
:nut:

opag78
19-04-2010, 10:29
@Benedict

You are pretty young, but even you should have learnt by now that are times changing and values as well.

Yes, I suppose 60 years back it was considered healthy when children were round and fat as they were also way more active and hence turned the energy into muscles and yes even today it is considered normal among 90% of human population that a wife is actually happy if her husband decides that they can afford a new kitchen machine.

So maybe you should try to look beyond your pretty narrow horizon for a moment.

Benedikt
19-04-2010, 15:35
or maybe being 58 is not being that old?
otherwise why in Russia at least they would call me always 'molodoy chelovek' when addressing me, people that do not know my name that is.i did not refer that ALL of them are fun to watch but a few.
i am well aware that times have changed and the smoke ads definitely had me wondering. did they know or not know then already that smoking can cause cancer and kill?
what is 'racist' about the ad of the, i assume it is an insurance company, 'confederate family'? or maybe i don't get it...
but on the other hand 'independant suspension' is definitely sexist, but well, today even an aspirin is being offered by half nude girls....

MickeyTong
19-04-2010, 18:13
what is 'racist' about the ad of the, i assume it is an insurance company, 'confederate family'? or maybe i don't get it...

Towards the end of the ad there is reference to "protect your property", and then we see the black gardener.....

Benedikt
19-04-2010, 20:09
Towards the end of the ad there is reference to "protect your property", and then we see the black gardener.....
... because i did not see him.
or are we all watching ads like that?
not paying much attention:11629: so much of the ad is wasted anyway...

Willy
19-04-2010, 21:06

No they said all you own and then showed a black guy.

Like you should own one too.

opag78
20-04-2010, 11:27
i am well aware that times have changed and the smoke ads definitely had me wondering. did they know or not know then already that smoking can cause cancer and kill?

Sorry for calling you young.

Nevertheless if I am not mistaken, that the first anti-smoking campaigns in the Western world did not start before the end of the seventies, so yes, before there was not even the slightest idea among the public that smoking might be harmful.

Watch some old Western movies up into the 70s (Clint Eastwood anyone) and you understand what was the image of smoking.

See, we ourselves are living in times, when still many people deny human caused climate change, simply because they want to believe it a fake. In 50 years our successors will shake their heads about our ignorance, but these are our times and humans can often only learn from their mistakes.