PDA

View Full Version : Cheer up everybody.its pancake week in Russia)

Cherry
09-03-2005, 13:17
can anybody make them?:)

Kseniya
09-03-2005, 13:38
yes:D

Cherry
09-03-2005, 13:47
Originally posted by Kseniya
yes:D

ok i bring the caviar and we organize a party:)

Kseniya
09-03-2005, 13:50
just tell me when and where :)

Cherry
09-03-2005, 13:59
just tell me when and where :)

whenever we are both free!

rosieredwood
09-03-2005, 14:54
pancakes are "olad'i", and there's a HUGE difference.

Kseniya
09-03-2005, 14:59
i thought that pancakes=blini...:p

Cherry
09-03-2005, 15:04
i thought that pancakes=blini...:p

me too:) well now we know

rosieredwood
09-03-2005, 16:31
Gotta love this description at http://www.maslenitsa.com/english/news/

"Seven days of impetuous fun, reckless pleasures and solar mood! Certainly, the Great Maslenitsa! All Russian people were sincerely happy that the severe winter ends and the long-awaited spring comes. Everybody baked pancakes as a pancake is a symbol of the sun also congratulated each other with Maslenitsa. Maslenitsa was so much loved by people that they tenderly called her A pancake week in people so loved, that tenderly named darling, " sugar lips ", "kisser".

This year Moscow has the honor to invite everibody, both Russians and foreign visitors, to the Great Maslenitsa. It has already become a good and bright tradition to celebrate this nice holiday together. We are waiting for you from March 07 till March 13, 2005 in a real Maslenitsa town which will be set up on the Vassilyevsky Spusk near the Red Square. If you come the Maslenitsa town you will dip into the atmosphere of loose fun, rest from the daily fuss, escape from gray everyday life!

You will take part in various entertainments! There will be pancakes for all tastes: with caviar mushrooms and sturgeon baked for those who will decide to try the Russian national kitchen. And there also will be stalls with dainties barankas and spice-cakes you will only have time taste everything! Taverns and tea-rooms will be always hospitably open for the visitors.

Those who want to have fun with all the heart will have an opportunity to chose one of the Russian native entertainments: ice hills, snow fortresses, carousel, Punch-and-Judy shows. It is impossible to enumerate everything! Those who want to show their force and mother wit can take part in different games and competitions. You wont be bored! Maslenitsa was called the kisser by right. There was a tradition that youths and girls became acquainted during Great Maslenitsa to organize a magnificent wedding in May on the Red Gorka. May be you will succeed and find your spouse?!

Everyone will find an entertainment to his liking! Unforgettable actions, whether it be variety concerts, folklore representations or round dances and processions will take place all seven days in the Maslenitsa town. Let's enjoy our life, splash out the accumulated energy, rest during the Great Maslenitsa. It has come the TIME TO HAVE FUN!"

Cherry
09-03-2005, 16:35
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rosieredwood
[B]Gotta love this description at http://www.maslenitsa.com/english/news/

You wont be bored! Maslenitsa was called the kisser by right. There was a tradition that youths and girls became acquainted during Great Maslenitsa to organize a magnificent wedding in May on the Red Gorka. May be you will succeed and find your spouse?

never heard about that!!:)

trebor
09-03-2005, 16:59
Pancake week followed by "post" (?) a time for vegetarians to enjoy themselves and restaurteurs to bemoan the lost revenue!:)

Crazyeelboy
09-03-2005, 17:02
The Great Post is actually good for the restaurant business. They get to bring out a new "Post Menu" in which they charge real money for a boiled potato and an onion. While volume may dip on the chicken wings, they make it up on the margins!