PDA

View Full Version : Reminders to laggards.

Larry Paradine
14-04-2010, 22:29
I've been away from home and home computer for nearly a month, during which time I've maintained an almost trappist silence on the net. Have just got home, received an hysterical welcome from the dog and a much less enthusiastic reception from the wife and mother-in-law, logged in to expat.ru and got a one of those inactivity reminders that say something like this: "Hello, you haven't posted to this forum for ages, this is your final warning, if you don't do something to justify our continuing your membership you'll be demoted to the rank of newbie and then you'll never attain the exalted status of Darth Varder Avenger, we won't even make you a wookie, so buck your ideas up and start posting again" (I may not have got the form of words exactly right, but that's the general sense of the reminder). The day after tomorrow I'm going back to the virtually internet free zone from which I've temporarily returned, and I suppose the next time I'll be able to log in to this forum I'll find the threat has been carried out, or, if not, at least there'll be another of these inactivity notices waiting for me. Could the resident geek (and, by the way, TD, I've just found and answered your pm to me, three weeks late, I'm afraid) find some way to stop these irritating reminders popping up after every absence from the net?

TD
15-04-2010, 05:11
Here's the actual text:

it appears that you have not posted on the forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

I have changed "weeks" to "months" and the timer from 3 weeks to 3 months :-)