PDA

View Full Version : How would you advertise a wedding photography business in Moscow?

Andrei Garden
13-04-2010, 19:37
Thank you all for such intensive response to my thread Do expats ever get married in Moscow. I didn't really expect it to take that turn. Let me ask you then: What would be the best way to advertise a wedding photography business here? Would a mixed (expat/Russian) wedding segment be significant enough to pursue it, or is it only literally a couple of weddings per season? Appreciate it.:coffee:

Judge
13-04-2010, 19:58
For a start you could place an ad in all the English newspaers and magazines in Moscow.
Offer your service on this site,set up your own website..
I'm not sure how many expats get married in Russia, the numbers must be online.
The place where you get married here offers to take the pics and film...If i'm not mistaken, you pic up the film and pics at the place you get married..It's all part of a package.

Judge
13-04-2010, 20:12
You can start by placing an ad here..

http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173

Andrei Garden
13-04-2010, 20:29
Of course, ZAGS would offer you their photo & video service, but it would be like falling for a cheap dentist from a run-down project - the move you'd later regret. I am not sure what you ment by saying - the numbers (stats) must be online?! My site's up and running and has a pretty understandable Russian name www.mosnevesta.com (http://www.mosnevesta.com) what means a moscowbride. Thank you for the input.

Judge
13-04-2010, 20:32
I mean the number of expats that get married in Moscow every year..I'm sure it's more than just a ''couple of weddings per season''

Andrei Garden
13-04-2010, 20:58
Yeah, but how can I get those stats?

Judge
13-04-2010, 21:34
Yeah, but how can I get those stats?

I'm sure Fatandy , Vadim or Zingo will know the answer...

I tried google but nothing pops up..

Benedikt
13-04-2010, 23:23
Thank you all for such intensive response to my thread Do expats ever get married in Moscow. I didn't really expect it to take that turn. Let me ask you then: What would be the best way to advertise a wedding photography business here? Would a mixed (expat/Russian) wedding segment be significant enough to pursue it, or is it only literally a couple of weddings per season? Appreciate it.:coffee:
would /do you know what newly married couples are supposed to do in Moscow?
First, there is only one ZAGS in Moscow where foreigners can get married. the one in Butiersky (sp?) Val. Even if only one partner is a foreigner, you have to go there.
So, go there on a Saturday and hang around and have a look what is going on there. There are more then a couple of weddings.
Do you know where newly weds go after the ZAGS,special if one partner is Russian:
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Red Square
The Monument/Statue of Pushkin and his wife
Sparrow Hill
The park out in 'Poklonaja Gori' to let fly white pigeons
Cathedral of Christ the Savior or St.Basil's

Do you know where the best vantage points are to take pictures/videos. Not all of my relatives could attend our wedding. So i asked the ZAGS guy who did our video to add 'some Moscow'. he added nearly 2 hours so seamlessly, even i was wondering if some of the places we actually DID go to and i just forgot. Can you offer that. He came with the limo driver to our house in the morning, was with us all day long, including the restaurant and back to the door at night. and all for 200 $. fair enough it is a few years since i got married.

tvadim133
14-04-2010, 00:04
I have found the statitistics about the quantity of weddings with "foreigners" in 2008. There were 11 984 weddings in Moscow.

Be aware that the statistics do not show us the qualitative figures.

By qualitative in statistics, there are foreigners from 102 countries, but no % by each country.

On Top:

1. Turkey;
2. Germany;
3. USA;
4. Izrael
5. UK
6. Ukraine
7. Armenia
8. Moldova
9. Uzbekistan

So your target audience is probably very limited.

Andrei Garden
16-04-2010, 15:01
Well, Benedikt, somewhere in 1994 $200 for a video-man and a car for a day sounds like it could be done, but today I'd say 1K for my photography service would be OK. Otherwise, it's not worth it. Thanks.

Igor Vinidiktov
16-04-2010, 21:34
Andrei, you can adress to my friend (splashphoto.ru, he has gotan agency that also offers wedding photos.
PM, if any details needed.

Benedikt
16-04-2010, 23:21
Well, Benedikt, somewhere in 1994 $200 for a video-man and a car for a day sounds like it could be done, but today I'd say 1K for my photography service would be OK. Otherwise, it's not worth it. Thanks.
but besides an oligarch no one will book you...