PDA

View Full Version : RVP and Work Permit

BUell_X1
13-04-2010, 15:30
Hi all,

Please could you help...

I am married to a Russian citizen since December 2002 and we have finally managed to come to Russia, Moscow with my employer in september 2008.

My employer prepared a Work Permit for me (long process) and a multi-entry visa till September 2010, and due to this long process I decided to do an RVP because I was married to a Russian Citizen and I believe that it would simplify the process.

So I did in parallel my RVP which I have received in my passport in november 2009 (starting date August 2009), but I am registered in the home town of my wife in Chelyabinsk.

The question are :

1- If I leave my employer, will I be able to find another job with the RVP and would this facilitate the work permit ? Would I be included in the quotas ?

2- Am I limited to the town of Chelyabinsk, or do I need to do any registration in Moscow ?

3- What is the processus to leave the country with an RVP, as it seems that you need to ask the authorization 3 weeks before ?

4- If I need to leave Russia for a few month, but I renew my RVP (in August), and then come back do I have a minimum of days on the territory necessary to keep the RVP ?

5- Also, I was told that before the end of the first year RVP in Russia, I should apply for a longer "RVP" 5-3 years, is that correct ? What is the process ?

Thanks for your help ,

Alex:question:

ezik
13-04-2010, 20:03
Hi all,

Please could you help...

I am married to a Russian citizen since December 2002 and we have finally managed to come to Russia, Moscow with my employer in september 2008.

My employer prepared a Work Permit for me (long process) and a multi-entry visa till September 2010, and due to this long process I decided to do an RVP because I was married to a Russian Citizen and I believe that it would simplify the process.

So I did in parallel my RVP which I have received in my passport in november 2009 (starting date August 2009), but I am registered in the home town of my wife in Chelyabinsk.

The question are :

First of all, congratulations on going for the RVP. Making your personal life something that depends on your employer is a good option for the short-term, but not for the longer. As your RVP is not subject to quotas, you did the right thing. Well done.

1- If I leave my employer, will I be able to find another job with the RVP and would this facilitate the work permit ? Would I be included in the quotas ?

Depends very much on the employer. Work permits for foreigners are subject to quotas, but the rumour is that you can apply for a work permit yourself, based on your TRP. If anyone has pulled this off, please tell!! Some foreign companies bypass the work permit hassle by offering you a foreign labour contract, but you'll have to check if the tax regime is convenient for you.

Certainly, a RVP saves a potential employer a lot of headaches. But if you are looking at selling yourself as "an expat for the price of a local", be aware that the expat-pool at multinationals is not about cost savings.

2- Am I limited to the town of Chelyabinsk, or do I need to do any registration in Moscow ?

Chelyabinsk it is.

3- What is the processus to leave the country with an RVP, as it seems that you need to ask the authorization 3 weeks before ?

Apply for an exit-visa at your local UFMS. You don't strictly need it to leave Russia, but you do need it to get back in again. 3 weeks is the maximum, I normally get one within a week. Bring chocolates.

4- If I need to leave Russia for a few month, but I renew my RVP (in August), and then come back do I have a minimum of days on the territory necessary to keep the RVP ?

Ok, you don't need to renew your RVP. You just need to renew your registration. The first time you renew it, make sure that you either have a notarized employer statement (with salary specs). Better is just to put 100k RUR in a Sberbank account and show a print-out with a stamp.

Once you renew your registration, you will need to be able to prove that your spent more than 180 days on Russian soil in the last year (so from August to August). Your exit visa and passport stamps do that job. Make copies of them and hand these over when renewing your registration.

5- Also, I was told that before the end of the first year RVP in Russia, I should apply for a longer "RVP" 5-3 years, is that correct ? What is the process ?

Wrong. The RVP is valid for 3 years. All you need to do is renew your registration. However, after one year RVP you are entitled to apply for Permanent Residency, which is valid for 5 years. This PRP also includes automatically a personal work permit and you don't need to apply for exit visa anymore. So, it's a logical next step...

BUell_X1
14-04-2010, 11:15
" 2- Am I limited to the town of Chelyabinsk, or do I need to do any registration in Moscow ?

Chelyabinsk it is."

So does that means that I am allowed to have a work permit only for Chelyabinsk or it is independent?

As I am leaving in Moscow and I plan to find a job in Moscow would that be a problem ?

" 3- What is the processus to leave the country with an RVP, as it seems that you need to ask the authorization 3 weeks before ?

Apply for an exit-visa at your local UFMS. You don't strictly need it to leave Russia, but you do need it to get back in again. 3 weeks is the maximum, I normally get one within a week. Bring chocolates."

Today I am planning to go a work in the UK, until I find a job in Moscow. Would that cause any troubles if I come back every month for a week-end since my wife will be staying in Moscow ?

" 1- If I leave my employer, will I be able to find another job with the RVP and would this facilitate the work permit ? Would I be included in the quotas ?

Depends very much on the employer. Work permits for foreigners are subject to quotas, but the rumour is that you can apply for a work permit yourself, based on your TRP. If anyone has pulled this off, please tell!! Some foreign companies bypass the work permit hassle by offering you a foreign labour contract, but you'll have to check if the tax regime is convenient for you.

Certainly, a RVP saves a potential employer a lot of headaches. But if you are looking at selling yourself as "an expat for the price of a local", be aware that the expat-pool at multinationals is not about cost savings. "

What is a TRP ?

Cost saving for an expat is of course not on the work permit procedure, but it simplify the life of everyone, I think you understand what I mean. For example my wife confirm to me that it is possible to request a work permit but this one would only be valid in Chelyabinsk ... Question : Is it possible to transfer it to Moscow ? Or to do it in Moscow using the temporary registration ?

Finally does anyone knows the procedure/documents to get Permanent Residency (PRP), I am planning on applying when renewing my registration ?

Thanks for your help

Alex:wavey:

ezik
14-04-2010, 21:53
TRP=RVP, just the English abbreviation.

Officially, you are living in Chelyabinsk. That's where you are registered. So, indeed a work permit would only be valid there.

About coming over a weekend per month: you need to request an exit visa and like I wrote, this takes up to 3 weeks. And I'm not even sure if you can request the exit visa in Moscow, you may have to do it in Chelyabinsk. In fact, you may ask yourself the question if you're not illegally living in Moscow. Did you register here or in Chelyabinsk?

Transferring a work permit to Moscow... How would that work?

SV1973a
14-04-2010, 22:11
Since March 15 of this year, there has been a change in the visa regime for TRP holders.
The application process is still the same, price has gone up to 1000 roubles, but

it is now MULTIPLE VISA that is valid for the duration of the TRP.

Also, with the TRP you can apply for the Work Permit totally independent of your employer. I did so for my last Work Permit. You get a red card instead of a blue card, and your employer is not even mentioned on it.

WP is for your place of registration only, so you won`t be able to use it in Moscow if you are registered elsewhere.

SV1973a
14-04-2010, 22:24
Today I am planning to go a work in the UK, until I find a job in Moscow. Would that cause any troubles if I come back every month for a week-end since my wife will be staying in Moscow ?

Your TRP (and PRP) will be cancelled if you are out of Russia for more than 6 months per year.

If I leave my employer, will I be able to find another job with the RVP and would this facilitate the work permit ? Would I be included in the quotas ?

You are out of quota if you have a TRP. You can apply yourself (without an employer), but I would advise you to make use of an agency. They charge about 500 USD, and it takes about 2 weeks.

phil
14-04-2010, 23:07
Since March 15 of this year, there has been a change in the visa regime for TRP holders.
The application process is still the same, price has gone up to 1000 roubles, but

it is now MULTIPLE VISA that is valid for the duration of the TRP.

Also, with the TRP you can apply for the Work Permit totally independent of your employer. I did so for my last Work Permit. You get a red card instead of a blue card, and your employer is not even mentioned on it.

WP is for your place of registration only, so you won`t be able to use it in Moscow if you are registered elsewhere.

Did you have to show notarised copies of all your qualifications to get a work permit yourself?

SV1973a
15-04-2010, 07:29
Did you have to show notarised copies of all your qualifications to get a work permit yourself?

I had notarised copies, so I showed them.
Don`t know if this is a requirement, but I would think you could do without this if you have TRP.

BUell_X1
16-04-2010, 14:28
Well that is a good question:

Yes I am registered in Chelyabinsk because of my wife registration, but before to have an RVP, I had received official Work Visa and Work Permit in Moscow, and I am registered by my company in Moscow.

And I am registered by my company in Moscow, so from what I have been told I am legally OK.

The question is can I obtain a work Permit in Moscow for Moscow ?

How and how long do I need to apply for the RVP Visa multi-entry ?

If you have a ""Very Very Serious Agency"" which manages this kind of issues (or immigration lawyer), I would be interested to submit my case and see how they can resolve it ?

Thanks,

Alexandre