PDA

View Full Version : Still need more stupid questions!

mediashark
02-03-2005, 21:02
Still thinking of what to put up for my next entry in http://akula-v-rossii.blogspot.com/.

In other words, I just need more stupid questions! The more sterotypical they are, the better. Post them here so that they may generate even more stupid questions. :)

Current stupid questions I'm working on:
"Do all Russians know how to play chess?"
"Do they have toilet paper in Russia?"

And feedback, people, is highly valued, especially the wisea** type that is so typical of this forum. ;)

lucytupper
02-03-2005, 21:27
"I like the look of many of the ladies on your web-site, but how do I know if they are genuine."

"Why do so many Russian girls want to leave their homeland?"

mediashark
02-03-2005, 21:29
I'm afraid Winston Wu has given the most dumb-founding answers to those 2 questions! :)

Ok, I hope I don't have to answer "Who is Winston Wu?"

lucytupper
02-03-2005, 21:54
Right.

"Do you own a dacha?"

"Do you pick mushrooms?"

"How did you beat the Germans?"

yankee@moscow
02-03-2005, 21:59
Should I use this as my new avatar?

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050301/capt.macs10203011827.eastern_strom_macs102.jpg

aysihsK
02-03-2005, 22:27
yankee!!!!!!!!! is it your dog? :D so cute? is the cover for weather or ...for something else? :confused:

however I think it would be way too much for your Avatar ;)

the stupidest questions they asked me in London were:

Do you have night life?
DO you have pubs and discos TOO? :D:D:D:D :rolleyes:

mediashark
02-03-2005, 22:28
LOL! I think night life is the only life some people here have!!

mediashark
02-03-2005, 22:29
yankee: put it up as your avatar while it's still winter now! :)

Moscow Wolf
02-03-2005, 23:34
Cough cough, I think that WE WON the war. It is a true fact that the British flag was flying on the Reichstag one week before the Russians got there, but due to the Stalin - Roosevelt - Churchill Yalta agreement, we had to take it down and retreat back across some river and wait for Russia to win the war. The Yanks were somewhere near Calais at that time. Oh I do love to live beside the seaside, oh I do love to live beside the sea..........

Namibia
03-03-2005, 06:25
Some more stupid questions....

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?

Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?

Why do they use sterilised needles for death by lethal injection?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?

What is the speed of darkness?

Are there specially reserved parking spaces for "normal" people at the Special Olympics?

If you send someone 'Styrofoam', how do you pack it?

If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

If it's true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing here?

Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?

If someone with a split personality threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Can you cry under water?

What level of importance must a person have, before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on bigger suitcases

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up, like, every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors, when they ask you to strip, leave the room or close the cubicle curtain while you change? . They're still going to see you naked anyway.

Perhaps we can find someone stupid enough for some answers!

koba65
03-03-2005, 08:41
Originally posted by Moscow Wolf
The Yanks were somewhere near Calais at that time. Oh I do love to live beside the seaside, oh I do love to live beside the sea..........

Yep, that slow-poke Patton just couldn't pull the lead out.....

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 09:33
Originally posted by mediashark
I'm afraid Winston Wu has given the most dumb-founding answers to those 2 questions! :)

Ok, I hope I don't have to answer "Who is Winston Wu?"
It seemes to me you have to answer Who is Winston Wu..

sparky
03-03-2005, 09:42
Why, no matter how tall a person is, their legs are always just long enough to reach the floor?

monkey-girl
03-03-2005, 10:07
Are you telling the truth if you lie in bed?

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 10:50
HEY!!! I was so long answering the questions of Namibia but something broke down all my pains!!!!!!

mediashark
03-03-2005, 11:20
Erm... I need stupid questions related to Russia...

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 11:25
Erm... I need stupid questions related to Russia...
What russian doesn't like fast ride?

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 11:26
don't really suggest this is a stupid que but we may find quite stupid answers on it!

mediashark
03-03-2005, 11:28
Read my blog to get a feel of what questions I could use. :) Smart-a**, sacarstic or just downright untrue answers are the best.

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 11:38
how to recognise a russian Blonde?
(sarcastic):grind: :D

do russian Mcdonald's is different from an American???

you know..that que about the russian best paying job is :thumbsup: :wavey: :happymad:

J.D.
03-03-2005, 11:40
Do the police stop you and ask you for your documents?

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 11:42
depends on your registration number.. :)
If it's like "o666oo99rus" - they do.

mediashark
03-03-2005, 11:44
Now we're back on track :)

Answer to the Russian blonde question: A Russian blonde's stupidity is artifical since most 'blondes' have dyed or bleached their hair. Look out for the badly-done hair-job to recognize a russian 'blonde'. :)

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 12:04
Now we're back on track :)

Answer to the Russian blonde question: A Russian blonde's stupidity is artifical since most 'blondes' have dyed or bleached their hair. Look out for the badly-done hair-job to recognize a russian 'blonde'. :)

quite good answer!!

DPG
03-03-2005, 12:05
Aeroplane blondes, they can be called...

I'll leave you to work out why...

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 12:57
how could russian ppl make their own traditions over American's?

We have our own and there is no need to change..if only to develop..

Drogo1066
03-03-2005, 13:02
No kidding, this one my wife (who is Russian) got at my brothers wedding in Michigan a couple of years ago. My brothers wifes mother asked, straight faced and seriously....

Do they have fruits and vegitables in Russia?

No kidding, I was floored and not a little bit amazed at the blatent ignorance. My wife came through like a champ though. She looked into the fools eyes and said "no, we usually eat just rocks and moss" She's a gem, that's why I married her.

mediashark
03-03-2005, 13:06
LOL! What's really scary is that there are people who ask such stupid questions!

Answers regarding the KGB are up... the one on blondes will be up in a few minutes! :)

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 13:10
Drogo1066 ,

You have a very "gem".

You are lucky!
(congratulations :shhhhhh: )

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 13:12
LOL! What's really scary is that there are people who ask such stupid questions!

Answers regarding the KGB are up... the one on blondes will be up in a few minutes! :)
about the "blondes"
Does it means that I am STUPID???

(lol Shutka!!)

mediashark
03-03-2005, 13:17
Oh, definitely!

I'll answer your stupid question in detail after I get my samovar (http://akula-v-rossii.blogspot.com/2005/03/what-is-samovar.html) up and running . The hot water got shut down today.

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 13:24
Oh, definitely!

Oh yeah???

Me??!!
Stupid???!!!

THANx MUCH!!!:mad:
:confused:
:eh:

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 13:27
MediasharK!!
:D..or are sitting in a metro train on the circle line waiting for the last stop...:D

ha-ha-ha!!!...

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 13:48
i know that it's not gonnna refer to your thread but I MUST say :
Americans do think that it's naturally of Australians to keep kangaroos at home as pets!!!

Some kind of russians have bears in the streets!!!

ignorance!!!

mediashark
03-03-2005, 13:51
I think roos are more of a pest then a pet when you talk about camping. They steal food and ransack your tents.

Anyway back to the USSR... :)

Come on guys, lets poke fun at this ignorance! Send this blog to the folks who are likely to ask such questions--I'm really interested to hear their reactions to it. :D

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 14:02
I think roos are more of a pest then a pet when you talk about camping. They steal food and ransack your tents.

Anyway back to the USSR... :)

Come on guys, lets poke fun at this ignorance! Send this blog to the folks who are likely to ask such questions--I'm really interested to hear their reactions to it. :D

one st que asked by my english friend:

"Russia? What's the thing? Is it smth large, cold and wild?"

I haven't got any idea what to answer him...

mediashark
03-03-2005, 14:34
"Is it smth large, cold and wild?"

Well he has answered his own question! :D

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 14:39
"Is it smth large, cold and wild?"

Well he has answered his own question! :D

EXACTLY!!!

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 14:44
maybe You'll give me a direction? cos It's hard to concentrate without choosing a theme..

mediashark
03-03-2005, 14:49
Get off the thread for awhile. :) The best ideas come when you're doing something else.

CatGirl
03-03-2005, 14:53
Get off the thread for awhile. :) The best ideas come when you're doing something else.

well, you're right.

I now going to the bookstore. To buy textbooks!
Wish me goood luck, cos they are very heavy!!

kazachka
03-03-2005, 22:03
Stupida*s questions I've been asked through the yrs-most pathetically outdated,yet ppl still ask:

Does the sun set in the east and rise in the west since you are on the other side of the Earth?

Do they have TP in Russia?

Do they have running water in Russia?

Do you have to wait in long lines for food?

Is the food radioactive?

If I were to come visit you,would I be able to eat the food and drink the water? (sister -in -law)

Why the hell don't you have hot water?? (Mom)

Is it cold there all the time?

Do they eat dogs in Russia because everyone is poor and cannot afford food?

Have you ever eaten dog?

Will the mafia rob you on the streets?

Is everyone drunk all the time?

Do they have Internet in Russia?

These are just a few of the really STUUUPID ones!!!

I have a similar list for Alaska too-some are the SAMEones too!!

Yes we all live in igloos but we build them of styrofoam so they won't melt in the summer..........

DPG
03-03-2005, 22:09
Originally posted by kazachka
Why the hell don't you have hot water??

If you've never lived here, I don't see anything stupid about this question at all...

In fact, it's a very good question, even if you have lived here!;)

{Thank god for water heaters in the shower!}

plastique
03-03-2005, 22:57
Originally posted by cosmogirl
one st que asked by my english friend:

"Russia? What's the thing? Is it smth large, cold and wild?"

I haven't got any idea what to answer him...

I swear to the heavens I never have any idea what the h*ll you are saying.

RICHARD01
04-03-2005, 03:59
Are schizophrenic Buddhists at two with the universe?

CatGirl
04-03-2005, 09:23
Originally posted by plastique
I swear to the heavens I never have any idea what the h*ll you are saying.
:suspect: please read the thread from the beginning up to the end.:nerd:
:rolleyes: THEN YOU'LL BE HAVIN' A LOT OF IDEAS OF WHAT I'M SAYING!!! :grind:

plastique
04-03-2005, 10:24
read it..you are still pretty incoherent

CatGirl
04-03-2005, 10:27
Originally posted by plastique
read it..you are still pretty incoherent
:sunny: that's:nut: your problem:hooray:
:smokin: :rules:

aysihsK
04-03-2005, 10:28
media!! I still can't believe that nobody mentioned the MOST stupid question :

Are all Russian girls as beautiful as you?

:D:D

aysihsK
04-03-2005, 10:29
:sunny: that's:nut: your problem:hooray:
:smokin: :rules:

plastique gilrs do not have problems ever :p so obviously the problem IS yours :D

CatGirl
04-03-2005, 10:36
Originally posted by aysihsK
the problem IS yours :D
don't feel thhis way..:rolleyes:

then it comes that It's somebody else's prob;)
:p

aysihsK
04-03-2005, 10:38
don't feel thhis way..:rolleyes:

then it comes that It's somebody else's prob;)
:p

well if I were you I would be more attentive to the comments from native speakers ;) I think they are very helpful as you cold improve your english ;) so don't be childish and try to HEAR not just read :p

koba65
04-03-2005, 10:38
Originally posted by aysihsK
media!! I still can't believe that nobody mentioned the MOST stupid question :

Are all Russian girls as beautiful as you?

:D:D

Hey, no fair, let's just leave my pickup lines out of this thread!!

aysihsK
04-03-2005, 10:39
Originally posted by koba65
Hey, no fair, let's just leave my pickup lines out of this thread!!

you wanna tell me this line still works???? :D damn! men you're very lucky if so :D

mediashark
04-03-2005, 11:15
(Cosmogirl, learn from aysihsK and use lots of smilies! Now no one will misunderstand you! :D )

I did something about radiation (the glo-in-the-dark stuff :alien: ) and the mafia...

Food and girls seem popular. I'll try to think up an answer. Will lay it on REALLY thick...

Yesterday somebody waith an aol.com address emailed me: "Do all russian men have high-cheekbones, hairy chests, tattoos, and gold teeth?"

P.S. It's my birthday today.:hooray:

CatGirl
04-03-2005, 11:23
sharky!!!:inlove:

Congratulations!!!:thumbsup:

You are really-really great!!!:verycool:

Make All your dreams come true!!!:hooray:

And I also wish you make

Everything you gonna do!!!:sunny:

:D

mediashark
04-03-2005, 11:36
Thank you! :D

CatGirl
04-03-2005, 11:44
mediashark ,
there is a thread dedicated for you!

mediashark
20-03-2005, 17:36
New update at http://akula-v-rossii.blogspot.com/

There you'll find the answer to a real email I got today. The email speaks for itself...

"I don't know how stupid this is, but here goes.
I have a love interest who lives in Russia. We would like to together and possibly get married. She would like to know what type of visa she would need to come to Canada? Is there one for fiances? How long does it take to get a visa in Russia. I would really appreciate any info about this subject.

THANKS

Elen
21-03-2005, 12:25
I am Russian. And I dont like the articles on your website. I thinks it depends on people not on nationality!

mediashark
21-03-2005, 12:30
Some people just don't get it, which is natural.

A lot of my Russian friends loved it because it actually pokes fun at everyone who asks stupid questions about Russia--not Russia itself! I mean, would you like it if someone asks *you* all those questions? That they think Russia is dangerous and full of mafiasos and skinheads? Believe me, people of all nationalities ask me and my Russian friends such questions! Thus I created the site to poke fun at them...

Perhaps you would like to share with us the reason why you don't like my articles? Or maybe you just have no sense of humour? ;)

Elen
21-03-2005, 12:36
my sense of humour is ok:)
you laugh at Russian characteristics! you might laugh at Americans!

mediashark
21-03-2005, 12:40
I need to move to America, live there for some time and collect stupid questions but since I have not and will not be going to in the near future...

Oh no I hope you won't think those articles really describe 'Russian characteristics'?? Oh yeah, your sense of humour is just OK.

I've yet to receive a reply from the guy who wrote letter no. 39... was it you?? ;)

Larisa2005
21-03-2005, 13:10
One of the questions I received from a German guy:

If you were the winner of WW2, how come that you are so f&cked up now, and Germany is doing good? Why isn't it vice versa?

Actually I made some research in order to be able to give an adequate answer on this question in future... and now I'm prepared. Anybody interested - I can go to details

mediashark
21-03-2005, 13:16
Well one of the things I don't really want to do in my blog is to compare/contrast Russia with other countries.

Sounds like you made plenty of research!

Innuendo
22-03-2005, 12:51
I think the stupid question I heard once will be a gem of your collection ;-)
It went like this: "How long does pregnancy last in Russia?"

P.S. And no, I am not joking. Someone really asked that question...

mediashark
22-03-2005, 13:17
Elen's comment made it to the blog! Congrats to Elen for the enlightening coment!

Innuendo... LOL! With so much stupid questions, letters and comments asked irl... who needs to make them up?? :D

Keep 'em comin' folks!

kazachka
23-03-2005, 03:50
OMG!!!!!
That reminded me of a birth control method I heard about from several women many years ago in Krasnodar-
If you jump off something several times(could be a table, counter, etc.) after the "act", then you will not become pregnant!

Vanilla
23-03-2005, 10:03
I’ve been several times in States and have never encountered even remotely stupid question. And to be honest with you, enhancing the stereotype of a “dump American” is not something one should do before actually moving there. But again, you get what you deserve.

mediashark
23-03-2005, 17:27
Stupidity is universal. I got questions from all corners of the world. Scary thought huh?

Vanilla
23-03-2005, 17:36
Stupidity is universal. I got questions from all corners of the world. Scary thought huh?

Indeed, though cannot confirm it from the personal experience