PDA

View Full Version : UK refuses visas to artists for their own exhibition in London

ReallyGreatConcerts
04-04-2010, 01:49
The resident racists of the "UK Border Agency" - run by Chief Nazi Phil Woolas - have refused visas to artists for their own exhibition.

The opening of the Exhibition included a Reception attended by Government Ministers! But the same Govt rejected the visas for the artists!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/iraqi-artists-denied-entry-to-britain-for-their-own-exhibition-1934726.html

Can you get stupider or more racist than this??

Judge
04-04-2010, 01:57
Nothing racist about it..
They couldn't show money to support themselves..I'm not saying what "UK Border Agency" did was right but it's got nothing to do with them being racists...Many people get refused visas to the UK..

ReallyGreatConcerts
04-04-2010, 02:03
Bollocks.

They couldn't show "bank statements" - from a country where GB has destroyed the banking system??

Hypocrisy at its British finest!

tvadim133
04-04-2010, 02:10
No, I do not think it is not connected with rasism.

According to rules in may countries, the guest should proof that he or she has enough money to spend in a visiting country. I think, it is normal to illiminate possible illegal immigrance.

There are some ways out: to be provided with a letter from a sponsor (a company inviting a guest, for example), that the sponsor is going to cover all expenses of a guest; to buy travel checks; to provide the bank statement.

If there is not bank system in the country but artists had been invited by an organization, why this organization could not give them a letter of this kind?

I think, the problem like that appears, when people did not know these rules in time.

Judge
04-04-2010, 02:13
from a country where GB has destroyed the banking system

I agree with you on that...

Getting a visa to the UK is alot harder now because of that guy who tried to blow is d**k off on a plane to America..He was a student in the UK and later on turned into a wannabe bomber..This is one of the reasons why it's harder to get into the UK.
And now many people like the ones in your link are getting refused..

The compnay that invited them over should have atleast sorted this out for them, read what's needed and make sure everything is in order when submitting the visa application..

In the link you gave it says even a Russian pianist,Grigory Sokolov got refused..

ReallyGreatConcerts
04-04-2010, 04:52
In the link you gave it says even a Russian pianist,Grigory Sokolov got refused..

The Immigration Offiers are incentivised (with bonuses) to reject applications. Sokolov's case was particularly shameful, considering that he's a world-famous pianist who had been to Britain on at least 4-5 previous sell-out trips.

There are some ways out: to be provided with a letter from a sponsor (a company inviting a guest, for example), that the sponsor is going to cover all expenses of a guest; to buy travel checks; to provide the bank statement.

But the racist little twonks who are Her Majesty's Shameful Servants are just looking for ANY excuse to reject the application.

Remember, Phil Woolas - the Minister responsible - already had a group of Pakistani students (who already held visas, legally issued to them in a British Consulate!) arrested (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/apr/27/pakistan-uk-zardari-brown)simply to satisfy the anti-immigration lobby in Britain. When a Judge ruled that Woolas had acted completely illegally, and released them... this racist piece of scum Woolas abused his powers to have them all deported, so that they couldn't take legal action against him for wrongfully arresting them! :(

Woolas is a racist tosser, and a shameful stain on Britain's reputation worldwide.

tvadim133
04-04-2010, 13:16
But the racist little twonks who are Her Majesty's Shameful Servants are just looking for ANY excuse to reject the application.

Remember, Phil Woolas - the Minister responsible - already had a group of Pakistani students (who already held visas, legally issued to them in a British Consulate!) arrested (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/apr/27/pakistan-uk-zardari-brown)simply to satisfy the anti-immigration lobby in Britain. When a Judge ruled that Woolas had acted completely illegally, and released them... this racist piece of scum Woolas abused his powers to have them all deported, so that they couldn't take legal action against him for wrongfully arresting them! :(

Woolas is a racist tosser, and a shameful stain on Britain's reputation worldwide.

May be, May be!

At least, I and my friends have never had any problems with geting VISA to UK and crossing the boarder.

Judge
04-04-2010, 13:43
May be, May be!

At least, I and my friends have never had any problems with geting VISA to UK and crossing the boarder.

That's because you had all your papers in order..
I know stories where people had everything in order and still got refused.I believe that they need to refuse atleast 30%( a guess) of applications, just to show that they are not being soft..

Bels
04-04-2010, 22:11
There is a way round it. In UK you don't have to have a bank account if you don't want one. That is your right. However you must show some kind of proof that you do have income. That is the other way, and I am certain that they will accept another option. Why should we all be ruled by bank accounts, when we don't trust the banks. There are other ways to give evidence, and yes!! They will accept other options. As they have no choice, due to freedom of choice.

However , you must prove that you can afford to stay in that country for the period you plan to stay, and that is the issue.

2ndWind
05-04-2010, 01:15
Can you get stupider . . . than this??

I believe "stupider" has already happened!

See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263416/Revealed-US-firm-issues-British-visas--MPs-told.html

Note that "Mike Laphen, who heads the American company reponsible for issuing thousands of British visas" is "a former National Security Adviser to President George W. Bush." " His total annual ‘compensation’ package is worth more than £5million."

If this article is all true, then I think things have become very, very stupid.

ReallyGreatConcerts
05-04-2010, 02:03
I believe "stupider" has already happened!

Note that "Mike Laphen, who heads the American company reponsible for issuing thousands of British visas" is "a former National Security Adviser to President George W. Bush." " His total annual ‘compensation’ package is worth more than £5million.".

Appalling, but not at all surprising :(