PDA

View Full Version : Your Most Embarrassing Moment

sfjohns67
27-02-2005, 08:02
Awright, let's take a break from the arguing and have some fun. This thread has been done before, but there's a lot of new folks on the site with, I'm sure, some interesting things to contribute, plus the subject is innocuous enough to keep the blood feuds to a minimum. So here goes...

What is your most embarrassing moment in life?
Can be funny, sad, shameful...whatever, just be descriptive.

Mine is the time I went into the women's bathroom by mistake, but didn't realize it until I was in the stall wiping up and heard the dainty, unmistakeable 'clack clack clack' of high heels. Imagine how I felt peeking through the crack in the door, frantically trying to remember if I had seen any urinals on my way in, and hoping like hell some lady had gone into the men's room by mistake. Worst of all was when I brazened my way out the door and heard some guy tell his party, "Man, did you see that weird-looking chick come out of the bathroom?!"

yankee@moscow
27-02-2005, 11:56
As my father died when I was young, the job of giving away my sisters at their wedding fell to me. So, as I walked the first one down the isle, about 1,000 pairs of eyes were on us. We finally made it to the front of the church. The 2 minute walk felt like an hour. After countless words of some sort, the minister finally says those words that I'd been waiting for, "Who gives this woman to be wed." So, I say what I was told, "Her mother and I."

At that point, all I wanted to do was sit down. Well, somehow I had failed to notice the length of the train on my sister's dress. In front of 1,000 people, in a tuxedo, I then proceded to trip and almost land on my mother. If there would have been a trap door in that floor I would have used it. Nothing like hearing the whole wedding party of 1,000 people laughing at you. No, not with you, but at you.

I'd say that's number 1 on my list!

koba65
27-02-2005, 12:00
Originally posted by sfjohns67

Mine is the time I went into the women's bathroom by mistake,

Hmm, "by mistake" - how 'bout startin' a thread for the biggest lie told on Expat.Ru!! Mistake my butt!!

Claude Bottom
27-02-2005, 12:23
First date one, here.

Back in '95, I used to teach people to shoot pistols at a local club. In comes a "nice young lady" - falls for the big roughty-toughty firearms instructor (and me, too ;) ) and we end up going out for a drink in my home town. I don't really drink, but after three or four beers, we're pretty much relaxed. Well, I was, anyway- and THEN she says the immortal line -

"My sister owns a pub".....

and we somehow end up going up to Bury, where her sister indeed DOES own a pub and it's FREE BEER for us. :D Five or six pints later and I'm pretty much "happy", so we retire to the snug at the back of the pub. Sit down with my hands holding the arms of a comfy armchair.... I am well gone, sitting there with an inane smile. After about 30 mins, I notice that she's trying not to wet herself laughing, and whilst I'm wondering why, one of the arms of the chair *moves*........

....... because - in my drunken state, I didn't notice that the chair had no arms and I was, in fact, holding the knees of two rather burly dockers. :D

Leslie Presley
27-02-2005, 12:29
Originally posted by sfjohns67

Mine is the time I went into the women's bathroom by mistake

Reminds me of the time I went into a women's toilet.

As I was relieving myself a woman exclaimed, "Hey! This is for women!"

Without thinking, I turned and replied, " So is this love, so is this!"