PDA

View Full Version : A comment to "Haliavshik" thread.

Banned 1st
25-02-2005, 14:08
A giant step ahead for Expat.ru. The moderators are still subjective, breaking their own rules etc. but at least now the decisions are discussed among the admins instead of one doing whatever strikes him in the heat of the moment.

At least now when one side apologizes, the other side gives it a due recognition instead of just ignoring it like it was in my time.

Hopefully, one day this site will be as fair and user friendly as our moderators would definitely like it to be if they were simple users:)

Cheers,

Banned 1st

Braders
25-02-2005, 15:24
Originally posted by Banned 1st ]A giant step ahead for Expat.ru. The moderators are still subjective, breaking their own rules etc. but at least now the decisions are discussed among the admins instead of one doing whatever strikes him in the heat of the moment.

Just so every single member of expat understands that one is me :)

My 15 minutes so to speak.

Thanks Banned :)

Banned 1st
26-02-2005, 02:04
Originally posted by Braders
Just so every single member of expat understands that one is me :)

My 15 minutes so to speak.

Thanks Banned :) Talk about a step ahead: here's a complete makeover. Is this the same person revealing his identity who in the past threatened to ban people for simply discussing his actions - without even mentioning his name? Is Expat.Ru the best site - or am I daydreaming?

moscowmail
26-02-2005, 08:38
Ohh not again,

Ban1st, don;t start this sarcastic crap again please, nobody is in the least bit interested.

Banned 1st
28-02-2005, 03:33
Originally posted by moscowmail
Ohh not again,

Ban1st, don;t start this sarcastic crap again please, nobody is in the least bit interested. Phew, where do I start

MM, would you consider using less 'extreme' swear words (or none) when a poster is not breaking any rules? (Do you remember what 'to moderate' means?) Thanks.

Strange: why are you so fixed on shutting ME up, don't you notice the rapidly growing number of critical threads? Why don't you ever reply there except maybe once - those posts are longer and rougher than mine. If necessary, I can make a list of links for you (or ask the other mods, they seem to keep track and actively participate.)

I'm lost as to what seemed so strange to you in my reply. It's exactly as 'sarcastic' as Braders comment. Are you sure you are being fair to me?

As for 'nobody interested' let's submit all posts to your approval first and let's have you write all the replies because you sound like you possess the ultimate wisdom.

Cheers,

Banned 1st.

moscowmail
28-02-2005, 07:33
For goodness sake, you have a personal vendetta against braders.

I did not swear

Yes I have not been on the site recently, I do have a real job

And you above all others have a real problem with some of the people on this site, grow up, oh sorry.... please...

It really annoys me sometimes the critiscm the mods get, they are human.

Andy B
28-02-2005, 10:37
It really annoys me sometimes the critiscm the mods get, they are human.

Well said MM

(and before I get dragged down into the mud... Yes, I am friends with the mods; Yes, I drink with them; No, it's not because I want special treatment on the site... it's simply because they are decent, interesting people who over time, have become close friends)

Banned 1st
28-02-2005, 14:57
For goodness sake, you have a personal vendetta against braders.

I did not swear

And you above all others have a real problem with some of the people on this site, grow up, oh sorry.... please...

It really annoys me sometimes the critiscm the mods get, they are human. 'Such a silly crap you are writing MM' - sic, I didn't swear.

On a positive note: thanks for your thoughtful thread in Cafe.

Back to the subject: I am a moderator myself at another bigger site, and it's not above human power, believe me. There are just people who are not up to the challenge, like in anything else in life. In your own admission, it IS a difficult job, therefore so much harder it is to be up to it.

Grow up finally, you can't expect Mods to enjoy the luxury of being subjective AND not to get any criticism. Does it indeed REALLY annoys you? Are you maybe too stressed in real life and you secretly dream of having something like paradise here for you? 'At least here I want to do whatever I want and never be accountable'.

It's exactly because I understand that Mods are human that some time ago I thought real hard and finally found about what I could apologize. It was not easy (I am human too) but Braders chose to pretend it was nothing.

I am sure he was smart enough to see the consequences, and now he's only pretending that something is wrong about my actions. He may be too emotional at times, but he is not stupid. So be cool MM, you don't always need to jump so hastily to his rescue.

Ghost
28-02-2005, 15:18
Personally, after reading your posts over the last year or so I've been on the site - consistantly droning on about the same old message - whatever Braders did to you to make you leave the forum on a regular basis I applaud.

Best wishes.

Banned 1st
28-02-2005, 15:38
Oh, what fun I have here! Half of the moderators applaud that I left and the other half complain that I didn't.

Braders, did you hear - I left the site. Stop your paranoia and stop calling every other member "Hello again Banned 1st".

koba65
28-02-2005, 15:41
Originally posted by Banned 1st
Oh, what fun I have here! Half of the moderators applaud that I left and the other half complain that I didn't.

Braders, did you hear - I left the site. Stop your paranoia and stop calling every other member "Hello again Banned 1st".

Oh it's all soooo confusing to me - if'n ya left da site whys you still here?

sfjohns67
28-02-2005, 18:24
Banned 1st, if you really want, I'll write another wonderfully creative post likening you metaphorically to the last healthy dump I left in Sir John's most useful invention. Not that I think you need any further encouragement in order to keep spouting gobs of excrement, but because you take oblique insult in such good stride.

Braders
28-02-2005, 19:31
Banned, you just can't help yourself, can you?

Halyavshik and Sparafucile pretty much shook hands at the end of the other thread and said let bygones be bygones, i applauded that in my own way, by posting 'Good ending' and closing the thread.

Then you have a subtle pop at me in the first paragraph of the first post under that username, which has been dormant for a while. Instead of just keeping your mouth closed, you attempt to antagonize the hostilities more, well you've succeeded by the looks of it.

Welcome back!

There is no way i am going to waste time replying to your meanderings for the next day/week/month, you yourself have the signature 'A good moderator doesn't ban people who criticize him' well i've took 18 months of criticizing from you and still haven't banned every username you have, you know why? because i figure that is just too easy, but banning you appears to be the only solution now.

So get with the program and enjoy the humour that is rife on the boards or start posting helpful insightful advice which means communicating with other users apart from the mods or i will ban all your usernames.

You don't like the way this site is moderated? then find another one, (Yes Banned, it really is that simple) because i aint going anywhere, you say i'm emotional, well see if i batter an eyelid when it takes me a mere 5 minutes to erase all your usernames.

You have no place here anyway, you mistook my silence as defeat, i just gave you another chance to keep it buttoned and i rather naively thought you would drop the matter.

So knock yourself out Banned or i'll knock you out ;)

koba65
28-02-2005, 19:43
Originally posted by sfjohns67
Banned 1st, if you really want, I'll write another wonderfully creative post likening you metaphorically to the last healthy dump I left in Sir John's most useful invention. Not that I think you need any further encouragement in order to keep spouting gobs of excrement, but because you take oblique insult in such good stride.

Was that the one in the bowl that you told me looked like Elvis?

moscowmail
28-02-2005, 21:15
I can'r help but laugh at a person who is so educated and thinks crap is a swear word....

LOLMFHO

koba65
28-02-2005, 23:16
I can'r help but laugh at a person who is so educated and thinks crap is a swear word....

LOLMFHO

Don't laugh so hard, my mom still thinks it's a naughty word!! Of course, she's not a member of expat.ru, at least I don't think she is... Mom?

Banned 1st
01-03-2005, 00:54
Halyavshik and Sparafucile pretty much shook hands at the end That was exactly my point when I said "At least now when one side apologizes, the other side gives it a due recognition." It was you who chose to continue hostilities even after I apologized. Why?

Why whenever I say anything remotely related to moderating, you jump out and scream "It's me, it's me!"?? I stopped mentioning your name long ago, could you possibly consider doing the same? Or are you looking for a reason to play with the ban word when you can? You said it twenty times in five paragraphs.

Start posting helpful insightful advice I've posted lots of helpful advice, I was even asked by other mods if some of them could be posted permanently on the site. I wonder why you never say Hello Banned 1st then, you do it only when you don't like something. It's a pity you are so fixed on negative stuff.

Here's an offer, I apologize one LAST time for whatever else I may still forgotten to apologize, and you stop squizing your name in my posts, especially those like the initial post here where I said good things about Expat for god's sake. Give me a break!

Cheers

Banned 1st

PS I never took your silence for a defeat.

Pooty Poot
01-03-2005, 10:05
Originally posted by koba65
Don't laugh so hard, my mom still thinks it's a naughty word!! Of course, she's not a member of expat.ru, at least I don't think she is... Mom?

I'm loathe to admit that I'm not actually Vladimir Putin. Yes, Kobey-kins, this is your mother, and I don't want to hear that language out of your mouth again ! Now get back to work and make me proud !

koba65
01-03-2005, 12:47
Originally posted by Pooty Poot
I'm loathe to admit that I'm not actually Vladimir Putin. Yes, Kobey-kins, this is your mother, and I don't want to hear that language out of your mouth again ! Now get back to work and make me proud !

Crap! Foiled again...

Ned Kelly
01-03-2005, 12:58
That was exactly my point when I said "At least now when one side apologizes, the other side gives it a due recognition." It was you who chose to continue hostilities even after I apologized. Why?

Why whenever I say anything remotely related to moderating, you jump out and scream "It's me, it's me!"?? I stopped mentioning your name long ago, could you possibly consider doing the same? Or are you looking for a reason to play with the ban word when you can? You said it twenty times in five paragraphs.

I've posted lots of helpful advice, I was even asked by other mods if some of them could be posted permanently on the site. I wonder why you never say Hello Banned 1st then, you do it only when you don't like something. It's a pity you are so fixed on negative stuff.

Here's an offer, I apologize one LAST time for whatever else I may still forgotten to apologize, and you stop squizing your name in my posts, especially those like the initial post here where I said good things about Expat for god's sake. Give me a break!

Cheers

Banned 1st

PS I never took your silence for a defeat.

banned, putting aside your relentless carping, do you think there might be something in your name that gets on people's nerves a tad?

oh, and i took your silence as unconditional surrender braders! glad to see you're back.

koba65
01-03-2005, 13:10
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
banned, putting aside your relentless carping, do you think there might be something in your name that gets on people's nerves a tad?

.... nothing like a terminal case of the good ol' "Martyr Complex" to get on ones nerves...

Banned 1st
02-03-2005, 15:13
banned, do you think there might be something in your name that gets on people's nerves a tad?For the first time I am quite confused by the question.

If my name gets on your nerves it means something is very wrong with your outlook. You either hate all moderators in general, or you have something personal against one of them

My new name commemorates a good and fair thing done to me, besides it's a warning and reminder for anybody who doesn't want to get in the same trouble.

So, what's your problem Ned?

aysihsK
02-03-2005, 15:19
Banned I am more curious in what's YOUR problem :D ? :D

Ned Kelly
02-03-2005, 15:47
well, it's kind of like having dick head for a log-in. it's there to stir the kind of conflict you claim to want to avoid.

Banned 1st
03-03-2005, 16:59
Ned (and Kshisya?), you don't know the background.

A moderator told me that if I do something I'd be banned. I never did it but (??) he still banned me. I didn't say a word of complaint to him (or god forbid, to the general public) and quitely reregistered my name with the firm intention not to trouble trouble. My peace of mind is more important than proving who is right here. For some reason he came back and banned me once again even though I haven't posted anything.

I didn't say a word of complaint even then, moreover, I apologized (who knows, may be a man had a bad day, mods a human etc etc) I still wanted to be positive and avoid conflict. But all my efforts were ignored and nothing whatsoever changed since then. The next day, and the day after and after were probably all bad days for him.

I am human too. Think about this, it might help understand me.

Sidney Bliss
03-03-2005, 17:12
Dear Banned 1st,

Why don't you write a letter of complaint to the Moscow Times. You should phrase it in the strongest possible terms and include a pic of yourself (looking disconsolate and tearful) sitting by your computer screen after having been banned from the expat site for the 113th time. The whole sorry affair would be the talk of the town.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd keep a copy of that Moscow Times edition on my person at all times just to remind me that there's always someone who is worse off than myself.

DPG
03-03-2005, 17:18
Banned 1st -

Everyone knows the "background" because you can't post without mentioning it - it's just that no one (except you) cares...

Sadie
03-03-2005, 18:05
1st,
i think Ned meant you could coose some other more lovely nick like: "Forever yours" or "Guess who"? ;)

Ned Kelly
03-03-2005, 20:02
1st, that was the 47th time i've read your story! i'd actually have some respect for you if you returned as dick head, ned's a firm believer in "honesty as the best policy".

moscowmail
03-03-2005, 20:37
Banned 1st... maybe banned forever :) that would be rather nice :)

Banned 1st
04-03-2005, 01:08
Originally posted by Sidney Bliss
Why don't you write a letter of complaint to the Moscow Times. You should phrase it in the strongest possible terms and include a pic of yourself (looking disconsolate and tearful) sitting by your computer screen. The whole sorry affair would be the talk of the town.

I'll keep a copy of that MT edition on my person at all times just to remind me that there's always someone who is worse off than myself. Sidney, if MT readers will ask me as many questions as I am getting in this thread, I'll consider writing a story there. I'll definitely use your advice then on how to make it sound really disconsolate - your post reveals a true professional in tearful writing: you can put all those little tricks and details so nicely together for the best effect.

I can only imagine what misery you had to go through to master the art of whining so brilliantly, no wonder you need a reminder that there's always someone who's worse off than you.

Banned 1st
04-03-2005, 01:10
Originally posted by DPG
Banned 1st -
Everyone knows the "background" - it's just that no one (except you) cares... DPG, could you please post a sticky "Things people at Expat.ru don't care about" as they keep forgetting and always have new questions to ask.

Banned 1st
04-03-2005, 01:22
Originally posted by Sadie
1st,
i think Ned meant you could choose some other more lovely nick like: "Forever yours" or "Guess who"? ;) Sadie, your suggestions are nice but I prefer to keep my original name (moreover that using additional names is frowned upon here). It's not my fault that it sounds "crippled" but sorry anyway.
1st, that was the 47th time i've read your story! i'd actually have some respect for you if you returned as dick head, ned's a firm believer in "honesty as the best policy". Ned, I don't get it. If everything is clear, how come you keep discussing the story? You guys confuse me. I mean, no problem, I'll reply, but look, I then upset other people.

And now I am utterly confused: I believe in honesty myself, so - what's not honest about my present name?
-----------
A request to anybody who might want to further discuss this subjest: please think twice, you might upset those with high intolerance level.

Sidney Bliss
04-03-2005, 11:18
I can only imagine what misery you had to go through

Reading the incessant, repetitive, whimpering tripe you post on this site has made me feel pretty miserable on occasion. Hope that helps your imagination a little.

Banned 1st
06-03-2005, 02:43
Originally posted by Sidney Bliss
Reading the incessant, repetitive, whimpering tripe you post on this site has made me feel pretty miserable on occasion. Hope that helps your imagination a little. Sidney, I don't think imagination can help here. Which one is it: did you vow to read all and every post on Expat and that's why you have to read mine? Or do you specifically choose the 'whimpering tripe' so that you can read and whine, read and whine? And when you had your daily fix, you post threads "What annoys me" with the telling comments like "I hate everybody and everything."

-----------
Can anybody explain what happened to this thread? Last time I went online, I only had time to check the number of replies, not to read them, but when I came back the number of replies got smaller.

Did somebody posted something so very unacceptable that it had to be deleted? If yes, I want to express my sincere gratitude to whichever moderator did it. I had an impression anything was acceptable if it's against me, and I am happy to be mistaken:)

Ned Kelly
06-03-2005, 10:53
it was braders.

koba65
06-03-2005, 13:17
it was braders.

Stukach!