PDA

View Full Version : Trail running

Chads
28-03-2010, 18:40
Hi

Used to do a spot of trail running in the UK before I moved here. Never been much of a runner, but running off road, through forests, etc, is something amazing.

Anyone do that here, any events?
Ta

andysnow
28-03-2010, 20:13
Chads,

your best bet might be to join the hash harriers, it's a running club that meets every sunday. it's more of a social thing than a serious run - every week it's in a different park, run for about 1.5 hours at an easy pace and then an hours drinking afterwards.

some nice people on it, very welcoming.

Andy

kazachka
15-04-2010, 17:34
lots of xc races here in the fall and there is one coming up at Sokolniki in a month in a half or so- team relay. want an a$$kicker???
I highly recommend Korolevskie Gorki 30k in July
2700m up n down up and down the whole way held just outside Korolev. If you break my course record I may even buy you a beer:P I did it twice and it beat the feck out of my legs more than most marathons do! That's why I retired from it- too much down time needed after.

check out the calendar at probeg.org

I just did an ez 20k on trails this afternoon. Helps to live near a big fat park:D

MSchaffer
22-04-2010, 19:13
Is there any groups or teams gathering around Moscow? This will make training a heck of a lot easier.

kazachka
22-04-2010, 20:48
Check your pm:)

kazachka
22-04-2010, 20:50
Is there any groups or teams gathering around Moscow? This will make training a heck of a lot easier.

check your PM;)

xcsport.ru
procross.narod.ru