PDA

View Full Version : "Halyavshik" is unsuitable as a moderator on this board

Sparafucile
24-02-2005, 00:55
I wish to make an official complaint about the behaviour of a moderator named "Halyavshik".

He made an unprovoked personal attack on another member - an attack which broke all the rules about such personal attacks. As a moderator, he is supposed to be responsible for preventing such attacks, and deleting them if they occur.

He furthermore misrepresented me by suggesting I called him "a spineless piece of yankee scum". I have never used this phrase to him, or any phrase similar to it.

I sent him a PM asking exactly what he meant by this, and he refuses to apologise for misrepresenting me, or even to acknowledge that he has done so.

I demand that his untrue accusation against be removed from the board by midnight, Moscow Time, on 24.03.

It would be my personal recommendation that Halyavshik is an unsuitable person to be a Moderator on this board, but I stop short of demanding his dismissal or resignation. If the Administration of this board are happy to see him make them into a laughing stock, that is entirely up to them... I really no longer care.

Neil McGowan.

zcyka
24-02-2005, 02:53
Originally posted by Sparafucile
He furthermore misrepresented me by suggesting I called him "a spineless piece of yankee scum". I have never used this phrase to him, or any phrase similar to it.

Hi Neil -

Your posts have impressed me by, for the most part, not being ones tossed off at the drop of a hat or in an off moment. I've noted clever comebacks and such, over the years, but not something intended to malign or denigrate and I can't help but feel that you have probably taken offense at Hal's remarks based, at least in part, on your recognition of your own restraint in these areas. I feel I understand your position, respect you for it, and note that Hal has apologized for his off-the-cuff remarks.

As I read through the thread in question, however, when I reached Hal's post wherein he referred to himself, in a signatory device, as a "spineless piece of yankee scum", I understood him to have developed that turn of phrase as an original expression within that post - perhaps because he felt that way (about himself) due to having just apologized for the second or third time.

I'm not here to provide advice - simply to note that there may be a reasonable, alternate way to understand the posting. I'll grant you that I'm taking a bit of a step by thinking of myself and / or my perceptions as reasonable!

Cheers,
Z

trebor
24-02-2005, 04:03
I wish to make an official complaint about the behaviour of a moderator named "Halyavshik".

He made an unprovoked personal attack on another member - an attack which broke all the rules about such personal attacks. As a moderator, he is supposed to be responsible for preventing such attacks, and deleting them if they occur.

I sent him a PM asking exactly what he meant by this, and he refuses to apologise for misrepresenting me, or even to acknowledge that he has done so.

I demand that his untrue accusation against be removed from the board by midnight, Moscow Time, on 24.03.

It would be my personal recommendation that Halyavshik is an unsuitable person to be a Moderator on this board, but I stop short of demanding his dismissal or resignation. If the Administration of this board are happy to see him make them into a laughing stock, that is entirely up to them... I really no longer care.

Neil McGowan.

GET A FU*KING LIFE! :rolleyes:

J.D.
24-02-2005, 05:51
Originally posted by zcyka
Hi Neil -

Your posts have impressed me by, for the most part, not being ones tossed off at the drop of a hat or in an off moment. I've noted clever comebacks and such, over the years, but not something intended to malign or denigrate Z

????
Maybe this is sarcasm.
Hey what do I know I'm just more Yankee scum.

Braders
24-02-2005, 06:54
If the Administration of this board are happy to see him make them into a laughing stock, that is entirely up to them... I really no longer care.

Neil McGowan.

Neil i'll put my reputation on the line, Nate is a good guy and you guys would get on like a house on fire, there's no need for this, lifes too short and i don't need to point that out to either of you two guys!

Ghost
24-02-2005, 07:50
Oh my...shut up already, dude! (to Spara)

Sparafucile is unsuitable as a member of this forum! Official complaint! Hell, I'm sure I could get a healthy petition.

Or what? haha....

koba65
24-02-2005, 08:17
I've NEVER been called as many names as I have by the poster who is hoping for Hal's removal as a moderator. The "lump of yankee scum" comes from what he (Sparafucile) called me - and you can add to that "lump of sh*t," "murderer," "liar," "rapist," "bully," member of the "God-squad," "moron," etc. etc. etc. And, of course there were the threats of violence he made as well... Why? All because I had the nerve to disagree with said member on matters political. And, not once, even after Sparafucile started a thread designed to heap scorn upon me, have I called for him to be banned for his repeated violations of the forum rules (rules he's very quick to quote when he feels he's been wronged).

Sparafucile has been treated more than fair by moderators - his vile venom-filled attacks on Americans and Christians are down right racist and xenophobic. He is the last person who should complain about unfair treatment.

In short, Sparafucile, if you can't take what you dish out it's time for you to move along. If you're going to continue to resort to personal attacks on people you should be man enough to endure the same.

zcyka
24-02-2005, 23:38
Interesting. I don't watch all the areas or topics and apparently there was action where I wasn't looking.

Halyavshik
24-02-2005, 23:38
Sparafucile,

You seem hell-bent on continuing a topic allowing you to rant and seethe.

1. I apologized for me words against 85Stonefurball/Polarbear. I still do not consider them a personal attack (I believe everything I wrote was relatively easily verifiable), I accept that others interpreted my post as such. I should have been above posting it, and have now deleted it, as we try to do.

You on the other hand have engaged in personal attacks against many members on this site including (but not limited to) Ghost, Koba, and Kniga. You have been politely warned about it (more room than you ever offered me when you first criticized me). You have steadfastly refused to apologize for any of your remarks even when others have suggested that your comments are out of line. So, it is ironic at best but otherwise completely hypocritical and self-centered to continue (what is it, three days now ?) to harp on this.

2. As I mentioned in several PM responses to you today, I never said you called me a spineless yankee scum. As such, I have nothing to apologize for and will not edit that post. You, however, have exposed yourself here as a liar. As Koba correctly pointed out, you called him a “spineless yankee moron” (see link here: http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18874&perpage=40&pagenumber=2), yet claim above to have never used words similar to what I signed off with. Oops.

Given that I have already explained this to you today already; your insistence to appear confused or outraged and accuse me of misquoting you can only be taken for what it is: a desperate cry for attention through your childish personal attacks and nationalist slurs.

With your actions, Spara, you’ve shown yourself (first privately to me, and now publicly) to be a hypocrite (for engaging in numerous attacks and then criticizing moderators for it), a liar (for claiming to have never called someone ‘spineless’ or ‘yankee’) and desperately lacking for attention (by insisting to continue arguing after someone has apologized three times).

Thank you, however for your input and suggestions.

Regards,
Halyavshik

sparky
25-02-2005, 00:16
Hal

Well stated, succinct and to the point as always.

A severe case, and not for the first time, of very selective reading, quoting and with limited intellectual input.

You have my vote to remain as a moderator

Pumpkin
25-02-2005, 00:37
Originally posted by ElectricDave
Hal

Well stated, succinct and to the point as always.

A severe case, and not for the first time, of very selective reading, quoting and with limited intellectual input.

You have my vote to remain as a moderator

I second that. I've not been on this forum long, but I can appreciate what a difficult job the moderators have, and from what I've seen they try always to act fairly.

Neil, if you can't take it, don't dish it. Sorry!

Sparafucile
25-02-2005, 01:00
I admire your talent for selective use of the truth, Hal, I'll say that for you.

You censored a post of mine written to Koba. You ignored what Koba wrote to me, but we'll forget about that... you are a Moderator, you have the right to censor posts, and I sent you a PM at the time saying that I accepted your right to do so.

However, you then launched into a massive personal attack on another member. It was so vicious and offensive, that not only I, but at least three other members complained in writing below it, that it was entirely inappropriate for a moderator to have written such a post about a member.

What was your response to those clamours begging you to remove it? YOU LEFT IT RIGHT WHERE IT WAS, but wrote that you were "sorry" (you sure didn't sound it - except perhaps sorry to have been caught in the act, which is a different thing) you had written it.

It was only after I asked you specifically to remove it, after an acrimonious exchange of emails (which I have saved, and display a colourful range of language and insults which barely do you much credit as a moderator) that you finally, days later, took your personal attack off the board AND AT LAST ABIDED BY YOUR OWN RULES.

Meantime, you have pursued me this afternoon with a tedious non-stop delivery of unpleasant and hatefully-worded threats. These relate to my request to you to remove an untruth you've written about me on these boards. You regard this request as a "threat", and have launched a campaign amonst the forum admin to have me removed for "threatening" you. I was happy to leave that in PMs, but since you've chosen to bring this all out in the open, I openly testify that you have been harassing me all day with threats of this kind, saying that you had been discussing with the administrators of this board your "hope" (I quote) that you could get me banned on a technicality of having "threatened" you.

You are a pathetic, foul-mouthed, and belligerent little twerp, and you have no place as a moderator on these boards. I am pleased to see the Administrators have chosen to ignore your puffed-up piffle about "threats" as the empty crap it certainly is. I cannot understand their decision to retain you as a Moderator, but I suppose it proves they have a sense of humour that you definitely lack, mate.

Having failed to get me banned as you sooooooo greatly hoped, I presume this latest tirade of yours ("I am not trying to stir up negativity" (c) Hal - ROFL!!!) was an attempt to provoke a reaction from me that would give you "more ammunition".

It's pretty pathetic when you have forum moderators deliberately baiting the members to go ballistic, so that you'll have "something to go on", isn't it?

pengwn9
25-02-2005, 01:30
Wow. And I thought I was unpopular.

Just goes to show ya that no matter how bad things are, somebody's got it worse.

sparky
25-02-2005, 01:31
Sparafutile

I have been watching this from the sidelines for some time and wish to make the following observations.

You are tedious in your posts. You are severely confused between attacking an individual and highlighting the weakness in that individual’s arguments and assertions.

Whether you like Hal or not does not matter one jot to me, but to see the continual verbal diatribe from you is just tedious.

If you have exchanged PM’s with Hal then that is YOUR problem and not one the whole world wants to hear about.

Posting threads with ambiguous question which obviously have an ulterior motive is as transparent as my bedroom window.

Get a life, look everybody will not agree with you but that doesn’t make them the devil. Not everyone from the US/UK, or Christians, supported the war in Iraq. You can’t denounce a whole nation by the actions of the president/government.

You claim to be an atheist but if you are so sure of your convictions answer me one simple question. Why was the war staged in Iraq (and don’t give me the standard ‘it was for the oil’ which is as about as valid as a nun in a brothel) and who is set to gain the most.

Clue, it won’t be the US or other ‘Christian’ (by your definition) nations….

Halyavshik
25-02-2005, 01:40
Responding in kind to your (once again) distorted facts and accounts:

1. Actually, Spara, I deleted what Koba wrote about you and warned him as well. You may ask him. I told him that further revealing of personal information was not allowed. Unlike you, he apologized. I told you both that you were both out of line.

2. As I've said, I apologized for my remarks. This is the umpteenth time I've mentioned this. I guess it's a moot point since you refuse to believe it.

3. No, Spara, I didn't delete my remarks immediately. Whether you choose to believe that was intentional or not is a fruitless argument. You're so eager to find conspiracy theory (on Expat.ru, no less) and yet again engage in your hate-filled attacks that you choose to believe selectively what you want to. I admitted in my PM to you that I should have deleted them earlier. Still, you harp on this.

4. How odd that you think I persued you with PM's. Odd, considering you began the barrage of PM's (sometimes two at a time) two days after my last post in the thread in question where I had already apologized three times. I, too, have all the PM's, Spara, and am sure that if we check the times, we will see that you began the PM's.

5. I have no campaign to have you banned. As I've already explained, I merely reported your abusive PM's to the Admins. I do feel your comments were intended as a threat. You demanded I remove my "spineless yankee" comments before midnight (and then sent me a reminder within the hour). When I asked you 'or else what ?' you refused to respond.

What the Admins do is up to them. Personally, I think your personal attacks have gone on too long, contain nationalist/racist slurs, and are one of the major reasons for a recent air of negativity. Despite this, you accuse me of personal attacks and call me a hypocrite. Rather rich, I think. In any case, I find your continued harassment and personal attacks to be insignificant and petty. I dont really care what the decision will be, although I'm glad I've had an opportunity to express my opinion along with everyone else in this thread who see your posts and attacks as disruptive and abusive.

6. I really don't need to provoke you to get ammunition, do I ? You've been caught lying about publicly calling people "yankee morons" and "foul-mouthed twerp". You pretty much provide all the ammunition all by your lonesome.

7. As I understand it, the Admins aren't ignoring anything and have not yet reached a decision on what to do with your increasingly abusive posts.

Sadly, Spara, it is you who seems to read selectively and make large erroneous assumptions as to my intentions. I can only assume that the realization of how hypcritical and egotistical you've exposed yourself to be is a stinging personal pain which causes you to lash out at others irrationally.

Regards,
Halyavshik

Sparafucile
25-02-2005, 01:42
Dave

I thought this absurd attack by Hal was over. THEN he stirs it ALL up again here. Call me old-fashioned, but I thought moderators were supposed to be stopping flames on discussion-boards... not fanning them?

Tedious it might be, but no-one is forcing you to read it, Dave, and if I find myself misrepresented, then I am going put the record straight.

If you want to start that argument on the Religion board, I will give you an answer. Right now, it looks like a Thread Hijack, so please keep to the point, eh?

g'night

Sparafucile
25-02-2005, 01:51
>> I dont really care what the decision will be <<

That's odd, because this afternoon when you were sending me two hate-mails an hour, you were dancing up and down with glee in the certain expectation I would be banned.

I haven't been. And do you remember what I told you, in a PM, what that would say about you, if I wasn't banned? Well, it's true.

But carry on changing your tune to make it sound NOW that you "don't care" that I wasn't banned - it is, I suppose, the last source of refuge for you now that your hate-campaign against me has flopped. Luckily for you, netiquette frowns on quoting from private messages in forums - otherwise I'd expose you right here with all the PMs you sent me today.

But hypocrisy is your speciality, Hal - is the same person who's written a 7-point message attacking/refuting/flaming me the same person who said he was trying to reduce the negative atmosphere on Expat.Ru??? ROFL!!!!

"The Medium Is The Message" :)

I hear it's Farm-Workers Day here in Russia soon, so I'll raise a toast to you - "keep flailing"!

Sparafucile
25-02-2005, 01:56
This is how much you "don't care about whether I am banned or not". Remember? Or was that your other personality writing?

koba65
25-02-2005, 02:01
This is how much you "don't care about whether I am banned or not". Remember? Or was that your other personality writing?

Mirror, Mirror on the wall....

Halyavshik
25-02-2005, 02:08
Spara, you know what ? Arguing has proven absolutely fruitless, and I see no end to it. We're not going to convince each other of anything and I have absolutely no intention of holding any long-term grudge/pissing contest/hate-match/etc. You want to peg me as a bully, twerp, etc, and in all honesty, that's not me. I have no desire to take this further or post pictures of your PM's to me regardless of whether they prove anything or not.

So, I apologize. Blanket apology. No more arguing from me. Think what you want, say what you want, accuse me of what you want. I'm sorry. The original impetus for all this was me being out-of-line, and I apologize if it offended you and others. I'm guilty of participating in arguing with you. If you'd like to both go back and delete our comments, so be it. If you'd like posts to stand and speak for themselves, so be it. I'm ready to put an end to this if you are or aren't. I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

So, my final words in this will be, 'my apologies'.

sparky
25-02-2005, 02:22
Originally posted by koba65
Mirror, Mirror on the wall....

nothing like one side of a story to make good reading

sparky
25-02-2005, 02:23
sorry wrong quote

sparky
25-02-2005, 02:23

nothing like one side of a story to make good reading

Sparafucile
25-02-2005, 02:48
Alright, and my apologies in return.

I strongly suggest these boards could do without any more open warfare of this kind, or the rubbernecking "me too" posters they attract like flies round a latrine, either.

If you want to delete posts accordingly (I would optimally suggest the whole thread) then please go ahead with my blessing, the whole thing has been a shameful and unnecessary episode.

Can I take it that you are no longer button-holing forum administration for my ouster, also?

Braders
25-02-2005, 02:56
He didn't ask us once to ban you from the site.

Good ending.

Thread closed.