PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Angels?

drwho
24-03-2010, 17:40
Today my faith in human nature was restored. As I have got older, I have become more cynical about life, the universe and our society. However, sometimes a ray of light breaks through the black clouds and my naive trust and faith in human nature is once again restored. I have been in Moscow now since September and so far, I have found many Russians to be rather serious, rude and rather rigid in their attitude. This has come from my teaching experience here. I have also met a mad women who has been acting as an intermediary for English communication, at a well known English school franchise here in Moscow. I have since left that school. Anyway, back to the topic. Today, I had to visit another school at a Metro station called "Chistyie Prudy". I took junior with me on my back in his backpack baby carrier. I left the station and arrived outside, blinking in the gray light, clutching my crumpled emailed directions to the school and feeling rather lost. I saw a girl with a map and asked her the way, she looked at my email and said, "follow me I show you" she held my arm as we crossed the snow and I'll admit a naughty thought or two popped into my male head then slammed the door and left feeling ashamed. We walked through a long park park, I made conversation, as I felt she wanted to practice her English. She took me right to the door of my meeting and left with a smile never to be seen again.

On my way back, I went down into the depths of the Metro station again at Chistyie Prudy, to make my journey back home. Logic would say that I would just go to the other platform on the other side and take the train back the way I had come but the sign did not have my station on it. Again, I asked a girl, because I know that most young Russians speak some English. She said I'll show you, we went back up the escalator and she said I have time "we will take the train together", I had worried monetary thoughts, that junior and I would be taken by this woman to meet some strange unshaven men and that we would be bound and transported by truck to some far land and sold on as slaves by this unknown women, for I have an active imagination. Luckily, this did not happen. We took the train changed two stations and she took me to the train that would go back to my station back home. I gave her my business card, shook her hand and said goodbye. When I arrived home I had a call on my mobile, it was her, she asked me if I got back home OK.

These girls were normally dressed and nothing amazing to look at but just very kind. It may have been my rare Hollywood good looks, or that they wanted English practice or the fact that I had a baby on my back or maybe they just took pity on me? I suppose you can say, that there are good and bad people all over the world, in every city, town and village across this world of ours. Russia is no different. I believe there are angles out there, you just have to see them and find them.

SpinaPubica
24-03-2010, 18:14
drwho,

Inspiring story, you dont see such people very often.
World has become such a bad place , regular decency, humanly behaviour is being perceived as angelic.

drwho
24-03-2010, 18:21
drwho,

World has become such a bad place , regular decency, humanly behaviour is being perceived as angelic.

True words perhaps. :piano:

AndreyS
24-03-2010, 18:21
drwho,

Sooo, Spina, you don't believe in angels... ;-)

Max77
24-03-2010, 18:24
Look, that's quite typical!

SpinaPubica
24-03-2010, 18:31
Sooo, Spina, you don't believe in angels... ;-)

I do believe in angels Andrey,
and i can understand why drwho is so impressed after getting some help from strangers..
but in good old times ;) such behaviour was only measures of being civilized and decent. Now we are talking about reminding us of angels because it's do rare

Vadim
24-03-2010, 19:02
I do believe in angels Andrey,
and i can understand why drwho is so impressed after getting some help from strangers..
but in good old times ;) such behaviour was only measures of being civilized and decent. Now we are talking about reminding us of angels because it's do rare

That depends on what do you expect to see around you. Nothing wrong with the times :-)

tvadim133
24-03-2010, 19:04
That depends on what do you expect to see around you. Nothing wrong with the times :-)

I fully agree with you. for drwho may be there was a sign for future, that positive perception of life can lead to positive action (feed backs) in life.

drwho
24-03-2010, 19:22
Look, that's quite typical!

ha ha.... she did not have wings..... or maybe she did under her coat???? :Loco:

TD
24-03-2010, 19:39
Haven't started reading it yet, but recently grabbed a copy of Anne Rice's new Amazon.com: Angel Time: The Songs of the Seraphim (9781400043538): Anne Rice: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ija-9BL7L.@@AMEPARAM@@51ija-9BL7L - seems her focus has shifted a bit from vampires to angels :-)

drwho
24-03-2010, 19:52
Haven't started reading it yet, but recently grabbed a copy of Anne Rice's new Amazon.com: Angel Time: The Songs of the Seraphim (9781400043538): Anne Rice: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Time-Seraphim-Anne-Rice/dp/1400043530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269448614&sr=8-1) - seems her focus has shifted a bit from vampires to angels :-)

No time for reading unfortunately- but time for reading your forum. Keep up the good work. :10806:

I have not yet seen or met any vampires on the Moscow metro but who knows?

AndreyS
24-03-2010, 19:56

Oh yes. He just doesn't believe in angels - that's the reason. ;-)
Sorry Spina, I am sticking to my guns. ;-)

TD
24-03-2010, 20:20
No time for reading unfortunately- but time for reading your forum.

Same here

Got it loaded in my phone book reader just in case :-)

Scatterling
24-03-2010, 20:37
I've also been fortunate enough to meet some angels in Moscow. After a late class at a new school one night I ended up making a wrong turn and got horribly lost on my way to the metro. This was in the Molodoznaya area and there weren't many other people around.

Eventually I got to a bus stop where an old man was waiting. I showed him my metro map to try and figure out where the nearest station was. After a couple of minutes 2 young men joined us. The older man gave one of them some money and sent him on his way. The young man returned promptly, handing the old man his change and me a beer!

A little while after that the bus arrived, and an argument ensued as all three insisted on paying my bus-fare. They showed me to a seat and very politely took their own seats a couple of rows behind me.

The young men got off at the metro station with me with firm instructions from the old man to make sure I get on the train safely. They even asked a female passenger to make sure I get off at the right stop.

I believe in the "Pay it Forward" principal so now I try to be extra helpful and friendly when given the chance. We all make our own world, and our own times, if you ask me...

drwho
24-03-2010, 22:21
I've also been fortunate enough to meet some angels in Moscow. After a late class at a new school one night I ended up making a wrong turn and got horribly lost on my way to the metro. This was in the Molodoznaya area and there weren't many other people around.

Eventually I got to a bus stop where an old man was waiting. I showed him my metro map to try and figure out where the nearest station was. After a couple of minutes 2 young men joined us. The older man gave one of them some money and sent him on his way. The young man returned promptly, handing the old man his change and me a beer!

A little while after that the bus arrived, and an argument ensued as all three insisted on paying my bus-fare. They showed me to a seat and very politely took their own seats a couple of rows behind me.

The young men got off at the metro station with me with firm instructions from the old man to make sure I get on the train safely. They even asked a female passenger to make sure I get off at the right stop.

I believe in the "Pay it Forward" principal so now I try to be extra helpful and friendly when given the chance. We all make our own world, and our own times, if you ask me...

Great story and it restores our faith in people!!! nice one. :fireworks:

AndreyS
24-03-2010, 22:37
Great story and it restores our faith in people!!! nice one. :fireworks:

So that you don't need angels anymore, right?

Willy
25-03-2010, 01:00
I must be an Angel then?

I was on my way home and I noticed an old man trying to get help but the nice girl that was trying to help him didn't speak English well enough so I asked what his problem was and he just grab me and said "oh your English is good" He was on a tour and the metro doors closed too quick, his wife and the rest of his group left him all alone. On the way back to his hotel we talked and come to find out this guy had rented a summer cottage in the same neighborhood I grew up in at the same time I used to live there. Small world huh?

AndreyS
25-03-2010, 01:05
Yes, really small. I once bumped into my old acquaintance (to say more, old flame from student times) in the Canary islands. Simply on the street. ;-)

AndreyS
25-03-2010, 01:09
I must be an Angel then?

Aren't you from Los Angeles originally, Willy? ;-)

mertais
25-03-2010, 01:11
i do believe also

mertais
25-03-2010, 01:26
i do believe angels, some of them visible some of them not

Willy
25-03-2010, 09:28
Aren't you from Los Angeles originally, Willy? ;-)

No Boston.

Bels
25-03-2010, 22:46
There are plenty of nice people around. But sometimes they might feel afraid and keep themselves to themselves for various reasons in big cities.

But when they feel there is a genuine case to help, and feel feel secure that is what it is, I know the majority of people will help. Believe me , humanity is there with most of us. But you are more likely to see it in smaller communities, rather than big cities. The problem is that there is a minoroty around seeking help, who might in return cause damage to you , in return for your help. You have to to be careful in big cities.

Do you remember the scam of someone dropping their wallet? And someone picking it up and saying Hey! is this your wallet?

But yes! Genuine people helping genuine people is a desire most of us have. But we do have to be careful from those who are not so nice.

Swordfish90293
31-03-2010, 23:35
I knew two angels, but they died. Then I found another one...

AndreyS
31-03-2010, 23:53
I knew two angels, but they died. Then I found another one...

I knew one and she died. It never crossed my mind to try and find another one as it's impossible to supersede smb you loved.

RussianSphinx
01-04-2010, 13:10
Angels do not exist but it is natural that people help each other. Maybe she lived abroad in the past and she remembered how it is when you do not know local language or do not know the city very well.

drwho
01-04-2010, 14:37
Angels do not exist but it is natural that people help each other. Maybe she lived abroad in the past and she remembered how it is when you do not know local language or do not know the city very well.

You are right maybe she did but here were 2 different girls that helped me. You could also call angles a metaphor for kind people, but I think angles do exist and I have not been smoking !!!

My faith in human nature and people, was up but now its sunk again to a low depth since this bombing !!!

Max77
01-04-2010, 17:20
You are right maybe she did but here were 2 different girls that helped me. You could also call angles a metaphor for kind people, but I think angles do exist and I have not been smoking !!!

My faith in human nature and people, was up but now its sunk again to a low depth since this bombing !!!

Might it be that they (angels) were warning you, esp. since you'd met them in metro before the bombing!? :10189:
Supernatural? Much like angles themselves?!!!
:bowdown:

Scatterling
01-04-2010, 20:18
[/QUOTE] My faith in human nature and people, was up but now its sunk again to a low depth since this bombing !!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, don't agree with you on that one.
Firstly, I don't think creatures that do such things should be classified as human.

Secondly, I've heard so many positive reports on how the police, emergency services, etc, assisted and comforted people after the attack. I was overwhelmed at the amount of text messages, emails and calls I received to check if I was OK, as did you, I'm sure.

To my mind the strongest weapon against terrorism is it's complete opposite... Humanity. If an attack can close us of from each other, leaving everyone living in their own scared, suspicious little world, then all is lost.

Hell, no. If there's ever been a time to release your inner Angel, and to search for the Angel in others, this is it.

Be safe, be kind, be human.

Bels
01-04-2010, 21:54
Now you would make it as a politician.

My faith in human nature and people, was up but now its sunk again to a low depth since this bombing !!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, don't agree with you on that one.
Firstly, I don't think creatures that do such things should be classified as human.

Secondly, I've heard so many positive reports on how the police, emergency services, etc, assisted and comforted people after the attack. I was overwhelmed at the amount of text messages, emails and calls I received to check if I was OK, as did you, I'm sure.

To my mind the strongest weapon against terrorism is it's complete opposite... Humanity. If an attack can close us of from each other, leaving everyone living in their own scared, suspicious little world, then all is lost.

Hell, no. If there's ever been a time to release your inner Angel, and to search for the Angel in others, this is it.

Be safe, be kind, be human.[/QUOTE]

Scatterling
01-04-2010, 23:21
Now you would make it as a politician.

:D I hope not! In short I just meant it was good to see how many people reached out to others when it would have been easier to just worry about themselves. If I ever sound like a politician again I'll fwd my flatmate's contact details. You can arrange with her to smother me in my sleep, OK? ;)

Bels
01-04-2010, 23:30
It was only jest. I know full ell that many people hate politicians. And rightly so. They are often greedy and self rightious people, who try to say the correct so called words.

:D I hope not! In short I just meant it was good to see how many people reached out to others when it would have been easier to just worry about themselves. If I ever sound like a politician again I'll fwd my flatmate's contact details. You can arrange with her to smother me in my sleep, OK? ;)

mistygris
01-04-2010, 23:42

I actually do beleive that there is a gardian angel around me somewhere, i'm sure there is....

RussianSphinx
08-04-2010, 12:01
Hi Mistygris,

Maybe you have a guarding angel and I do not have :( now I am jealous

mistygris
09-04-2010, 15:46
Hi Mistygris,

Maybe you have a guarding angel and I do not have :( now I am jealous

Why would you think you don't have one??

Fibre
08-05-2010, 00:34
) i`m dark angel. Everybody knows about it) touching as an angel touch, smiling with eyes...

Clue
20-05-2010, 10:12
ah, so it's called a 'pay it forward' principle? )))

Anyway, there're always lots of nice people around... the key point is to pick them out of the crowd )
The same is true when one is driving. There's a lot of rudeness on the road, but I'd say I meet far more nice drivers who let you change the lane when you need, etc...

Angym
20-05-2010, 23:53
I am sure believing in angels is more advantageous then unbelieving, isn’t it? ;)

P.S. Bernard Werber wrote about angels in a book of “The Empire of the Angels”