PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing....

shurale
21-03-2010, 21:06
So, has it happened to you that you were looking forward to seeing some film in the cinema for some months, then you watched it and either it was total crap or it wasn't so bad but much below your expectations?
==
How about a book? A lot of marketing hype and when you start reading, you want to beat the author to death with it?

Voodoo
21-03-2010, 23:30
The biggest disappointment for me over the last couple of years really has to be Dan Brown's latest book, The Lost Symbol. Stale, hackneyed, and truly atrocious writing. At least with his first couple of books there were interesting, if incredibly far fetched conspiracies, and at least you got a smidgeon of history. With this book he is sooo scraping the bottom of the barrel that he's fallen through into the cellar.

I honestly think that any half way decent school student, presented with the basic plot, could have written something better.

It really is that bad. No, I'm serious. Read it only if you want a case study in how NOT to write a decent book.

robertmf
21-03-2010, 23:51
The biggest disappointment for me over the last couple of years really has to be Dan Brown's latest book, The Lost Symbol. Stale, hackneyed, and truly atrocious writing. At least with his first couple of books there were interesting, if incredibly far fetched conspiracies, and at least you got a smidgeon of history. With this book he is sooo scraping the bottom of the barrel that he's fallen through into the cellar.

I honestly think that any half way decent school student, presented with the basic plot, could have written something better.

It really is that bad. No, I'm serious. Read it only if you want a case study in how NOT to write a decent book.

Dan Brown isn't a very good author. Most his writing is for the military base library market :ok:.

Korotky Gennady
22-03-2010, 03:22
Dan Brown isn't a very good author. Most his writing is for the military base library market :ok:.

I didn't read him but if it's so as you speak... then his writings are very good.