PDA

View Full Version : please help me with my motivation letter for vlunteer project

Rexy
19-03-2010, 14:28
Hallo everyone!
Could you please see if there any mistakes in my motivation statement for some short-term workcamps in Germany connected mostly with history and present problems of neo-fascism and racism?

As a student of faculty of International Communication I'm higly interested in every aspect of this sphere. What fascinates me the most is media and social issues. We are the witnesses of fast growing globalization and developing technologies. This tendency has both positive and negative sides. Media has become a powerful weapon and we should use our new facilities carefully. The images that we see, the news that we read, form our attitude towards other people. And it depends on us what our world would be like in the future. That's why i truly belive, that international projects can help us to make this world better. This way we are able to educate each other and prevent the repetition of the mistakes of the past. It's mutual understanding and respect that conquer people's hearts, not enforcement and demands. It can be conveyed through photography or music or literature or whatever else!

Studing foreign languages, meeting people from other countries and understanding their culture and mentality have always been my prior goals. I would be happy to work in team, share responsibilities and leisure activities with different people with different profiles and backgrounds and apply my skills and knowledge for the benefit of society.

Da mein Studium die deutsche Sprache in jeglicher hinsicht umfasst, wäre es eine gute Gelegenheit noch mehr über die deutsche Geschichte und Kultur zu lernen um das friedliche Zusammenleben unserer Völker zu förder.

Matt24
19-03-2010, 15:01
Hallo everyone!
Could you please see if there any mistakes in my motivation statement for some short-term workcamps in Germany connected mostly with history and present problems of neo-fascism and racism?
As a student in the faculty of International Communication of the University of XXXXXX I'm very interested in every aspect of WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. What I find most fascinating is the impact of the media and the related social issues.

We are living through an era of incredible, previously unseen, globalization and technological advance. These phenomena have both positive and negative implications:
The media has become a powerful weapon that should be treated with immense care. The images that we see and the news that we read form our attitude towards other people. Our reactions and attitudes shape the future of our world. That is why I truly believe in the power of international projects to make this world better. Through international co-operation and conversation we are able to educate each other and prevent the repetition of the mistakes of the past. Only through mutual understanding and respect will we conquer people's hearts, such advances will not come about from enforcement and demanding behaviour. Mutual understanding is, I believe, greatly enhanced through well thought out, well presented and balanced media. I strongly believe in the power of photography, the written word , music and whatever other media that can be employed to enhance international communication, to improve the general situation of our global community

Studying foreign languages, meeting people from other countries and understanding their cultures and mentalities have always been my dream. I would be honoured to work in a team, share responsibilities and leisure activities with people with different profiles and backgrounds and apply my skills and knowledge for the benefit of society.

Apologies liquid lunch kicked in and I went a bit over the top on the edit, if it's gibberish sorry

Matt

Rexy
19-03-2010, 15:36
Thank you so much, but i think i have no right to copy your brilliant version =)

Matt24
19-03-2010, 19:00
Thank you so much, but i think i have no right to copy your brilliant version =)

no problem, if it's of use it's yours. Matt

Kraven Morehead
19-03-2010, 19:36
no problem, if it's of use it's yours. Matt

You forgot to correct the German :-)

Matt24
20-03-2010, 08:13
You forgot to correct the German :-)

funny :)