PDA

View Full Version : Dentistry List

pengwn9
17-02-2005, 15:14
These dentistry centers all came out of the Moscow Times, and presumably all speak English. I'm looking for standard quality western dentistry, preferably with lots of anesthetics.

All pros and cons based on experience are welcome. I've just gotta find a decent dentist here. (I do NOT speak dental Russian) Thanks for any input you can add.

Adventist Health Center of Moscow--no address listed
American Dental Center--5 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya
American Russian Dental Center--21A Sadovo-Kudrinskaya Ul.
European Dental Center--6 1st Nikoloschepovsky Per.
French Dental Clinic--13 2nd Zvenigorodskaya Ul.
German Dental Care--no address listed
German Dental Center--2/1 Volochaevskaya Ul.
US Dental Care--7/5 Bloshaya Dmitrovka Ul.

jheisel
17-02-2005, 15:17
Peng, from personal experience I can definitely recommend American-Russian Dental Center. There's an American dentist there, Giovanni Favero (sp), and the staff all speaks dental English.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

85StoneWhiteFurball
17-02-2005, 15:24
Yes, I agree re: ARDC and Dr Favero.

pengwn9
17-02-2005, 15:27
Thanks. Actually I've been there. I'm not trying to denigrate your input, but he's probably almost 80 years old, and seemed to be a proponent of 'grin and bear it' dentistry. I'm looking for something gentler. :D I'm a weenie.

jheisel
18-02-2005, 10:12
Shrug, they've always given me drugs there when they were going to do anything painful...

Sheepy
18-02-2005, 10:17
I can highly recommend Dr Volkov over at the EU DCentre. Highly professional and very expensive (pricelist in Euros).

Be warned...his sexy charm and hypnotisingly good looks can be a tad unnerving. :inlove:

85StoneWhiteFurball
18-02-2005, 10:36
Originally posted by jheisel
Shrug, they've always given me drugs there when they were going to do anything painful...

Same here - and that was just an intensive cleaning in my case. And Dr Favero is younger than he looks - he is from California and spent a lot of time in the sun!

straun
20-02-2005, 10:48
My wife and I both have been to American Dental Center, an we were very pleased with the service, the owner Dr. Soyfer went to Dental school in the states and does great work.

RIKO
20-02-2005, 19:55
Try Dr Grossmann at the German Dental Center (or GD Care ? - he is located just off Tverskaya)- I've used him and found him very professional.