PDA

View Full Version : Internet love. Need advice!

pengwn9
16-02-2005, 13:49
I've met the man of my dreams on an internet website. We've been exchanging emails and pictures and I think I'm in love. Do any of you have any advice on how I should proceed with this relationship?

I need to get this barely-of-age stallion into Russia (he's Cambodian). Does he need a visa? How soon should I kiss him? Are Cambodian men high maintenance? He wants me to send him money. Is this some kind of scam?

I've had it with western men, they have nothing to offer like the adoreable little brown eyed, tanned, romantic, family oriented asian men. I really want to marry this guy. Any help you can offer will be appreciated. I'm in kind of a hurry (if you know what I mean). Thanks for your help.

Jet
16-02-2005, 13:52
Peng, interesting sense of humor you have going on here :D

aysihsK
16-02-2005, 13:56
peng you should first get divorced then we'll advice :p

veejay
16-02-2005, 13:59
since when did fidelity mean much here?

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 14:03
Check him out to see how he performs in bed before you make any major committment, financial or otherwise. A quick three- or four-day weekend in the Maldives or Cormorants'll do it; if he turns out to be a dud and not a stud, at least you'll have had a nice break! :sunny:

:smokin: :thumbsup: :D

koba65
16-02-2005, 14:04
Originally posted by pengwn9
I've met the man of my dreams on an internet website. We've been exchanging emails and pictures and I think I'm in love. Do any of you have any advice on how I should proceed with this relationship?

I need to get this barely-of-age stallion into Russia (he's Cambodian). Does he need a visa? How soon should I kiss him? Are Cambodian men high maintenance? He wants me to send him money. Is this some kind of scam?

I've had it with western men, they have nothing to offer like the adoreable little brown eyed, tanned, romantic, family oriented asian men. I really want to marry this guy. Any help you can offer will be appreciated. I'm in kind of a hurry (if you know what I mean). Thanks for your help.

As long as you're not cheap and rude you should be ok.

Olim
16-02-2005, 14:05
Does he have a sister?

pengwn9
16-02-2005, 14:06
I think that true love is the most important thing. I'm sure this is the guy for me. The beautiful emails he sends me...the love poems. I'm just a little concerned that Cambodian men may be a little >too hot to handle<.

I think that love can be found on the internet if two people are made for each other.

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 14:10
I'm just a little concerned that Cambodian men may be a little >too hot to handle<.

Yeah, well.... You know what they say about Asian men! :rolleyes:

(Winston Wu is the person you should be talking to here, I think....)

Ledka
16-02-2005, 14:16
sorry, it's in Russian:

"Зато, например, в Китае ситуация выглядит совершенно иначе, по словам г-на Переведенцева в этой стране существует уже примерно 1 млн "избыточных" мужчин. "Уже сейчас браки с китайцами на Дальнем Востоке считаются очень даже престижными, - поясняет он. - Китайцы трудолюбивы и, в отличие от русских, мало пьют. Для меня совершенно очевиден тот факт, что недостаток трудоспособных мужчин в России очень скоро будет восполнен за счет китайских мужчин. Причем для нашей страны это совершенно неизбежная тенденция - даже при самом благоприятном раскладе в обозримой перспективе Россия уже не сможет добиться естественного прироста населения". "

http://www.rambler.ru/db/news/msg.html?mid=5604570

koba65
16-02-2005, 14:18
Originally posted by Ledka
sorry, it's in Russian:

"браки с китайцами на Дальнем Востоке считаются очень даже престижными...[/url]

Ochen dazhe!

koba65
16-02-2005, 14:22
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Yeah, well.... You know what they say about Asian men!

(Winston Wu is the person you should be talking to here, I think....)

Have you read his website about this subject???

Olim
16-02-2005, 14:22
Hey- there is a difference between Asian ond Oriental! (about six inches or so my gf tells me)

pengwn9
16-02-2005, 14:24
SIX INCHES!!!! Ohmygod.

Olim
16-02-2005, 14:26
The difference. Not the entirety ;)

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 14:27
SIX INCHES!!!! Ohmygod.

Uhhhhhhhhh.... Is that a lot?!? :confused:

aysihsK
16-02-2005, 14:28
SIX INCHES!!!! Ohmygod.

will anybody on this site finally respect ALL the readers and transfer inches in cm as well???? :rolleyes:

:p

pengwn9
16-02-2005, 14:29
Hoo baby, he keeps telling me that his Cambodian family is legendary (on his father's side).

What should I do? Are Cambodians good kissers? Should I send him the $5000 he says he needs?

peyote
16-02-2005, 14:31
Originally posted by Ledka
sorry, it's in Russian:

"Зато, например, в Китае ситуация выглядит совершенно иначе, по словам г-на Переведенцева в этой стране существует уже примерно 1 млн "избыточных" мужчин. "Уже сейчас браки с китайцами на Дальнем Востоке считаются очень даже престижными, - поясняет он. - Китайцы трудолюбивы и, в отличие от русских, мало пьют. Для меня совершенно очевиден тот факт, что недостаток трудоспособных мужчин в России очень скоро будет восполнен за счет китайских мужчин. Причем для нашей страны это совершенно неизбежная тенденция - даже при самом благоприятном раскладе в обозримой перспективе Россия уже не сможет добиться естественного прироста населения". "

http://www.rambler.ru/db/news/msg.html?mid=5604570

check out the altavista translation:

Then, for example, in China situation appears completely otherwise, according to Mr. perevedentseva in this country there are already approximately 1 million "excess" men. "even now marriages with the Chinese in the Far East are considered as the very even prestige, it, explains. - Chinese are industrious and, in contrast to the Russians, little they drink for me is completely obvious the fact that a deficiency in the able-bodied men in Russia will be very soon completed due to the Chinese men. Moreover this is completely inevitable tendency for our country - even during the most favorable distribution over the visible long term Russia no longer will be able to attain natural increase of the population.

i'm impressed! better english than trebor!
:D

aysihsK
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Uhhhhhhhhh.... Is that a lot?!? :confused:

how much shouldd be a lot if not? :p

polly
Originally posted by aysihsK
will anybody on this site finally respect ALL the readers and transfer inches in cm as well???? :rolleyes:

Here's a perfect school for you. They'll teach you all about inches and "knowing how to use what you have."

Shatneresque

Well, I happen to know right offhand that 8.25" is 21.15 cm.... :rolleyes:

85StoneWhiteFurball
16-02-2005, 14:33

15.24 centimetres, which I guess would be the difference in height between an "Oriental" (meaning Far Eastern) man and an "Asian" (which could include Central Asia, Turkey, parts of Iran (?)) man. 2.54 cms = 1 inch.

koba65
16-02-2005, 14:36
Originally posted by 85StoneWhiteFurball
15.24 centimetres, which I guess would be the difference in height between an "Oriental" (meaning Far Eastern) man and an "Asian" (which could include Central Asia, Turkey, parts of Iran (?)) man. 2.54 cms = 1 inch.

Ok smart guy: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

aysihsK
16-02-2005, 14:36
Originally posted by polly
Here's a perfect school for you. They'll teach you all about inches and "knowing how to use what you have."

polly thanks so much for advice! :inlove: but I prefer to take classes in my native language otherwise it is much harder to learn :eh:...you are lucky! you can apply right at once! :cry:

Olim
16-02-2005, 14:40
Oh well if we're talking HEIGHT then the difference is even bigger...

Mind you, they have better food. Chicken fried rice anyone?

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 14:40
Originally posted by koba65
Ok smart guy: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Hmmmm.... Well, what do you mean---an African or a European swallow?!? :confused:

85StoneWhiteFurball
16-02-2005, 14:41
Then in that case you mean shoulder width.

polly
16-02-2005, 14:42
polly thanks so much for advice! :inlove: but I prefer to take classes in my native language otherwise it is much harder to learn :eh:...you are lucky! you can apply right at once! :cry:

put your claws back in.
(hint: it's not for native english speakers.)

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 14:42
2.54 cms = 1 inch.
Or 1 cm = 0.39 inches.

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 14:46
Hoo baby, he keeps telling me that his Cambodian family is legendary (on his father's side).

What should I do? Are Cambodians good kissers? Should I send him the $5000 he says he needs?
Who was his father---Pol Pot?

They must be good kissers, because they're always sucking the juice out of those crazy beetlenuts (turns your teeth ten lovely shades of brown)!

Hey: $5000 is a small price to pay for true happiness! Go for it!!!

aysihsK
16-02-2005, 14:47
Originally posted by polly
put your claws back in.
(hint: it's not for native english speakers.)

well still :rolleyes: for native or not ...Ii prefer to learn things in Russian ;)

(hint: it's called American School so you are welcome anyways :p )

rupert
16-02-2005, 14:54
well still :rolleyes: for native or not ...Ii prefer to learn things in Russian ;)

(hint: it's called American School so you are welcome anyways :p )

'BJ American School', quite a mouthful in any language :eek:

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 14:58
an "Oriental" (meaning Far Eastern) man and an "Asian" (which could include Central Asia, Turkey, parts of Iran (?)) man.

Was once told in no uncertain terms by a gentleman of Chinese heritage that "Far Easterners" don't appreciate being called the "O" word and insist on using the "A" word instead.

Thus endeth today's lesson in USPC.... :ninja:

pengwn9
16-02-2005, 15:02
OOOOO baby. My heart's on fire. What to do? He wants to come here. I know he has what I want. And it can't be measured in centimeters either. :D We're talking kilometers here.

Olim
16-02-2005, 15:02
There's nothing derogatory in the origin of the word "Oriental". If you say Asian to a Brit, they think Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc. Oriental is still acceptable there. As for Central Asia, I don't think most Brits think it even exists!

koba65
16-02-2005, 15:03
Originally posted by Olim
There's nothing derogatory in the origin of the word "Oriental". If you say Asian to a Brit, they think Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc. Oriental is still acceptable there. As for Central Asia, I don't think most Brits think it even exists!

What's a Brit?

Olim
16-02-2005, 15:04
Your (former?) masters, if your avatar is anything to go on

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 15:04
I know he has what I want. And it can't be measured in centimeters either. :D We're talking kilometers here.

What, huge tracts of land?!? :eek:

pengwn9
16-02-2005, 15:05
His family is very well endowed. :cool:

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 15:07
His family is very well endowed. :cool:
You mean, like PBS? :eh:

Olim
16-02-2005, 15:08
How? Did Angelina Jolie adopt his lovechild?

koba65
16-02-2005, 15:11
Your (former?) masters, if your avatar is anything to go on

touche

J.D.
16-02-2005, 16:39
Peng you are scum, you have no respect for other human beings.

I hope this little slanted eyed *** takes you to the cleaners.

Sidney Bliss
16-02-2005, 17:08
J.D., your ambassadorship awaits.

sparky
16-02-2005, 17:16
Peng you treat us men like mere objective to be bought and sold.

I wouldn’t mind betting your new trophy husband will be dumped in favour of a new younger model when the time suits you, we need to advise him on the prenuptial agreement

Cattle market..:D

Olim
16-02-2005, 17:27
Don't you think the word "nip" should be edited out? Come on mods, why not edit something which is actually offensive for a change (and dont forget to send him a pious pm telling him what you have done afterwards)

DPG
16-02-2005, 17:40
Olim - A miracle just occurred...I agreed with something you wrote!

Olim
16-02-2005, 17:41
DPG- you just keep on teaching your lessons and everything will be ok.

pengwn9
16-02-2005, 17:42
Originally posted by ElectricDave

I wouldn’t mind betting your new trophy husband will be dumped in favour of a new younger model when the time suits you, we need to advise him on the prenuptial agreement

My objective is certainly not to be bought and sold. I don't even own any livestock.

I come here to ask my esteemed friends for advice and you diminish my feelings with base accusations and doubt my sincerity. I'm in love and you would poke fun at me? That's why I'm leaving western men behind. They're shallow and insensitive and lack the true soul of my Cambodian sweetheart.

DPG
16-02-2005, 17:45
Olim, I will keep on - just as long as you promise to keep on doing what you do best as well...

Olim
16-02-2005, 17:46
Just out of interest, what is any EFL teacher doing on here at 17:45? Prime time for earning those dollars or have things changed?

DPG
16-02-2005, 17:47
Touche, I imagine...

Aleydis
16-02-2005, 17:49
DPG has work to do.. ahem! :D

sparky
16-02-2005, 17:50
Well is stand corrected!

If it is true love, and I am sure you can list at least five reasons why Cambodian men are better then western men, then look for those tell tale signs.

He spells your name correctly in e-mails
He uses good but not perfect English
It is not a group mail you receive
His name will be something evoking the true nature of his mysterious way of life

Send him the money, or better still buy a ticket and move to be at his side. Language and cultural differences should not be considered obstacles in the pursuit of happiness. $5000 is a small price in a lifetime together

Wishing you all the best

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 17:52
My objective is certainly not to be bought and sold. I don't even own any livestock.

I come here to ask my esteemed friends for advice and you diminish my feelings with base accusations and doubt my sincerity. I'm in love and you would poke fun at me? That's why I'm leaving western men behind. They're shallow and insensitive and lack the true soul of my Cambodian sweetheart.
Jeez, you have been reading Winston Wu! :sick:

DPG
16-02-2005, 17:52
Aleydis - Done...

Aleydis
16-02-2005, 17:54
Originally posted by DPG
Aleydis - Done...

Thank you!

Olim
16-02-2005, 17:54
A freelance EFL teacher's work is never done- he never knows where next month's salary is coming from.....

DPG
16-02-2005, 17:59
Rather strange turn this rather strange thread took...

Halyavshik
16-02-2005, 18:04
Originally posted by DPG
Rather strange turn this rather strange thread took...

I'm still trying to figure out if JD was serious or facetious when he called Peng 'scum'.

Sunstorm
16-02-2005, 18:15
Originally posted by ElectricDave

I too was skeptical.

But then I figured what do I have to lose?
So I tried Cambodian Lover FREE for 30 days! And now I wonder what I ever did before Cambodian Lover! He takes out stains in a snap, cuts and chops vegetables, and makes a great friend! And guess what! if you order him now, you will get 2 Cambodian Lovers for the price of one!
Make a pleasant surprise for your best friend! Call now! and you will get 2 absolutely wonderful Cambodian Lovers! One for you and one for your best friend! :D

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 18:16
Originally posted by Sunstorm
Call now! and you will get 2 absolutely wonderful Cambodian Lovers!
Are your operators standing by 24 hours a day? :rolleyes:

Olim
16-02-2005, 18:20
George Foreman liked his so much he put his naaaaaaame on it.....

Sunstorm
16-02-2005, 18:22
Shatner, awww.... are you interested in a male Cambodian Lover?? Yes!! Call now! :D

Shatneresque
16-02-2005, 18:27
Originally posted by Sunstorm
Shatner, awww.... are you interested in a male Cambodian Lover?? Yes!! Call now! :D
Who said anything about a male Cambodian lover?!? I'll take a pair of hot Cambodian babes, if you're offering them two-for-one! :iloveyou:

If I don't like them, can I return them for a full refund after a 30-day trial period...?

Olim
16-02-2005, 18:28
I didn't think there were any women in Cambodia, hence why Pengwyn has pulled. Was the only explanation I could think of....

J.D.
16-02-2005, 21:55
Originally posted by Halyavshik
I'm still trying to figure out if JD was serious or facetious when he called Peng 'scum'.

I thought the term 'n*p' was kind of silly but I must also have seen something deragatory in it since that was my overall intention. Even still I think 'n*p' is rather mild. The edited **** is much more effective.

So Hal, have you figured out if Peng is being serious of facetious?
If she was being serious then I think I'm in trouble.

RDV
17-02-2005, 01:34
OOOOO baby. My heart's on fire. What to do? He wants to come here. I know he has what I want. And it can't be measured in centimeters either. :D We're talking kilometers here.

Let me guess.... he wants to come here but he is short of 2 cents to buy the $3.5K ticket to Moscow, right? :p

May he could fly to Novosibirsk and you could meet him halfway ;)

Braders
17-02-2005, 06:22
Gordon Bennett!

J.D.
17-02-2005, 06:29
Why is 'n*p' censored but not 'Brit'?
And when 'Yankee' is used in an obviously derogatory manner, such as "Yankee scum", why isn't it censored?

Olim
17-02-2005, 08:08
Because not only is "n**" considered more offensive by the world in general, it was geographically inaccurate to refer to someone from Cambodia as such.

J.D.
17-02-2005, 08:26
Well I wrote it in a hurry and didn't have time to come up with geographically acurate negatively conotated nic.
But I know that Americans don't take 'Yankee' as an insult even when it is obvious that it was intended as one, probably because they think they are great. I suspect the same is true of Britons and 'Brit' (Please correct me if I'm wrong). So this would suggest that if someone thinks 'n*p' is derogatory it is because they feel that these people are inferior.

Englishman - ok
Frenchman - ok
Chinaman - considered derogatory. Why? I suspect for the above reason.

Personally I don't consider any of these terms necessarily derogatory. I think that is because I don't look down on any of these people.

Olim
17-02-2005, 08:33
That's a ridiculous last statement. You don't look down on anyone so you think all terms are acceptable then? How about "p*ki" or "ni**er" which I personally find extremely offensive, even though I don't have any superior feelings over any race at all.

Americans obviously see the French as inferior so if we're using your logic, "Frenchman" would be an insult, ergo so would any reference to any nationality by a US citizen.

J.D.
17-02-2005, 09:26
That's a ridiculous last statement. You don't look down on anyone so you think all terms are acceptable then? .

I didn't say that. I said THOSE terms. I think 'n*gger' is bad becasue I was taught that it was bad from day one. If you talk to older people in the US many will tell that 'Jap' is not a bad word, it's just a fact. The ones who thought it was a bad word just plain didn't like the Japanese. Today I think that people are divided 50/50 on 'Jap'. Some were taught that it's a bad word others weren't. Same with 'copper' for a police man. 'N*gger' originally wasn't a bad word, just a fact. But because these people were on the bottom rung of society it became a bad word.
Think about the name 'communist' in history.

Ask sparafucile if 'Yankee' is a bad word.

koba65
17-02-2005, 09:42
Originally posted by J.D.
I didn't say that. I said THOSE terms. I think 'n*gger' is bad becasue I was taught that it was bad from day one. If you talk to older people in the US many will tell that 'Jap' is not a bad word, it's just a fact. The ones who thought it was a bad word just plain didn't like the Japanese. Today I think that people are divided 50/50 on 'Jap'. Some were taught that it's a bad word others weren't. Same with 'copper' for a police man. 'N*gger' originally wasn't a bad word, just a fact. But because these people were on the bottom rung of society it became a bad word.
Think about the name 'communist' in history.

Ask sparafucile if 'Yankee' is a bad word.

N***** was always a bad word (even in the days of Twain)- you may be thinking of Negro - which is what N***** was born from to create a disparaging term - just as N*p came from Nippon (a legitimate term), etc.

Yank or Yankee depending on the context is used as a slam - but who cares (well, being from the South, I don't cotton to a being called no Yankee! ;) ) I've never heard of someone British being offended by being labeled a "Brit" - perhaps I'm wrong? Now, Limey is another story... ;)

rupert
17-02-2005, 11:59
Now, Limey is another story... ;)

Nothing wrong with limey, just recognition to our great seagoing heritage:)

J.D.
17-02-2005, 12:03
N***** was always a bad word (even in the days of Twain)- you may be thinking of Negro - which is what N***** was born from to create a disparaging term - just as N*p came from Nippon (a legitimate term), etc.

Yank or Yankee depending on the context is used as a slam - but who cares (well, being from the South, I don't cotton to a being called no Yankee! ;) ) I've never heard of someone British being offended by being labeled a "Brit" - perhaps I'm wrong? Now, Limey is another story... ;)

I'd understood differently about the etomology of 'n*gger' and 'negro'.
Maybe I'll look it up.

Dial B for Blue Jab
17-02-2005, 12:06
The most appealing phrase one Oriental (Asian) man said to me was:

You have tried cowboys now try the Indians.

kazachka
18-02-2005, 08:14
Ahhhhh but does size really matter?? Wow this certainly seems like a great thing you have going Peng:D but don't say i didn't warn ya.....;) Once again to all those internet lovers I offer the following advice:

Shatneresque
18-02-2005, 13:50
N***** was always a bad word (even in the days of Twain)- you may be thinking of Negro - which is what N***** was born from to create a disparaging term

Don't think it was quite as bad in Twain's day as it is in ours; it was simply part of the American vernacular, just as casual racism was an everyday part of American life---no one really thought about it much, or even stopped to consider that others might find it offensive.

As I understand it, "N*gra," the slurred Southern pronunciation of "Negro," was held to be far, far worse, even then. (If you can find a copy, I highly recommend Charles E. Silberman's Crisis in Black and White, published around 1965, for a very enlightening history of race relations in the United States. Also, The Autobiography of Malcolm X, as told to Alex Haley, the author of Roots.)

It's interesting that, from the turn of the 20th century until about the mid-60s, "Negro" (with a capital "N" after about 1920) was the preferred term. These had been supplanted by "black" and "Afro-American" by 1968--69. The current PC "African-American" goes back only about 15 years, and originated with Presidential candidate Jesse Jackson.

J.D.
18-02-2005, 14:14
I never liked 'Afro-American' Because it is a serious misnomer. In college I wrote a piece for the school paper and used the term 'Black' and my editor changed it to 'African American'. My editor told me that 'African American' was the prefered term. I told him "Well I don't know for sure what his nationality is but he had a French accent".

Shatneresque
18-02-2005, 14:23
Originally posted by J.D.
I never liked 'Afro-American' Because it is a serious misnomer. In college I wrote a piece for the school paper and used the term 'Black' and my editor changed it to 'African American'. My editor told me that 'African American' was the prefered term. I told him "Well I don't know for sure what his nationality is but he had a French accent".

Fashions definitely change. If you had called an African-American gentleman "black" instead of "Negro" at any time prior to about 1967, he would have cleaned your clock! Within a year or two, the situation was totally reversed.

I've always rather liked the term "black" myself. The AA community adopted it in the mid-60s as a way of proclaiming their pride in what they were. It turned the pracise of degrading them by referring negatively to their skin color right on its head.

pengwn9
18-02-2005, 17:56
Do I smell a thread hijack here? huh?

Cambodians are neither black nor negro. They're a rich warm brown. Kinda like the color of trailer paneling.

Olim
18-02-2005, 18:30
Black NOR negro?

zcyka
20-02-2005, 22:51
Do I smell a thread hijack here? huh?

Hey Peng - question for you on the endowed aspect of the family. Before I can possibly offer any thoughts on your romance with this sensitive man, I simply have to ask whether the endowments are term, pure, quasi, or otherwise?

Standing by and hoping to provide meaningful input -:o

Z

koba65
20-02-2005, 23:02
Yeah, Peng - I really hate it when a story peters out like that. The lack of an ending to this tale has left the thread flacid. Next time you start a thread don't worry about how long it will grow - more important than the depth of the thread is how you use it.

Dijohn
21-02-2005, 03:54
I would suggest that you register with and attend the 'How To Cook Anything That Moves Culinary School' if you really want to impress him.....:bookworm:

J.D.
21-02-2005, 06:44
I don't know about the Cambodians but the Japanesse are really into this multiplication factor. I think the scale is like 1 to 5. But even with a x5 . . . well . . . are you sure he wasn't using a fisherman's ruler.