PDA

View Full Version : my question:where to get breakfast sausages?

kapione
16-03-2010, 12:02
where can we get morning sausages ? the closest I had was Bavarian sausages , but they are supposed to be made of pork, now they only make it with veal too finely ground, and lamb meat.....

MissAnnElk
16-03-2010, 12:10
Have you checked Warren's?

I think the website is www.sausages.ru

Andy B
16-03-2010, 13:38
John Warren is the man when it comes to sausages!

Dolgoprudny Neil
16-03-2010, 13:44
Beaten to it. Warren's is the place to go for sausage type things.

MissAnnElk
16-03-2010, 14:24
And they deliver.

You can find them in Azbuka as well, but I never know if they have been sitting there for ages. Best to order. If you have trouble making the minimum for delivery, go in with a friend. But I found it all freezes nicely.

kapione
16-03-2010, 14:29
thanx all for the quick replies.... I looked at the website, now Im hungry.... they are near the MKAD but what is the closest Metro ?

FatAndy
16-03-2010, 15:38
kapione, did you check Shtayer sausages depts? Do you need them vacuum-packed?

Also in our area there is rynok at m. Prazhskaya - right hand to Elektronny Rai, check there too.

Closest Metro is behind Varshavka cross with Sumskoi proezd, near Retail Park shopping center - you can reach it by feet in 20 min indeed, or by 671 bus or marshrutka from stop at pond side of Chertanovskaya ul:
http://maps.yandex.ru/?um=1-x6bZKIaIiXbL1IryZsj15fNNZYq6r4&ll=37.618862%2C55.63489&spn=0.041499%2C0.015367&z=15&l=map

kapione
17-03-2010, 10:33
the seem to not make the sausages at Shtayer , not the same way or they same ingredients,Caspisey too does not make sausages any more

FatAndy
17-03-2010, 11:30
But Shtayer has meat dept with some pre-processed meat products (полуфабрикаты) - maybe you or your wife can explain them what do you need and they do it by order?

MissAnn mentioned Azbuka vkusa - it is also not far from us - take tram to center from the stop at Chertanovskaya ul and go 3(4?) stops to "Simferopolsky bul'var, dvadsat'":
http://av.ru/index.aspx?sPage=3128

nbogaard
17-03-2010, 12:03
And they deliver.

You can find them in Azbuka as well, but I never know if they have been sitting there for ages. Best to order. If you have trouble making the minimum for delivery, go in with a friend. But I found it all freezes nicely.

I haven't seen them at Azbuka Bkuca for several weeks but you can order them on-line easily AND they also carry the frozen key lime pie that Goodman's used to serve!!

Matt24
17-03-2010, 12:42
Beaten to it. Warren's is the place to go for sausage type things.

Have I just been unlucky, or are there British / commonwealth type people who like Warrens sausages? They look and, when raw, feel like the sausages of my youth, but when cooked up always strike me as a nasty greasy bread filled mess, maybe that's what they're supposed to be like.....but the Belfast banger they are not.

Matt

Andy B
18-03-2010, 06:52
I love warrens sausages!

My favourite are the Newmarket and Pork and Leek varieties (not so keen on the "classic" to be fair).

xSnoofovich
18-03-2010, 10:50
If you have trouble making the minimum for delivery

What is the minimum?

nbogaard
18-03-2010, 13:10
I just checked and the key lime pie is gone. B/T/W their hot italian sausage is very good. Didn't much care for the Morroccan, I think they were called.

Matt24
19-03-2010, 20:23
I just checked and the key lime pie is gone. B/T/W their hot italian sausage is very good. Didn't much care for the Morroccan, I think they were called.

good call on the hot Italian sausage - beautiful, gone all nostalgic now thanks for the reco.

Matt

Bels
19-03-2010, 20:52
Breakfast sausages? You can't get better than English sausages for that, fried or grilled, but please not boiled.

In fact I am surprised you can't find a good English breakfast here, fried eggs, smokey bacon, sausages, fried bread, bubble and squek, fried tomatoes and black pudding. Now where can you find that in Russia. I saw once lincoln sausages in a local Rublevka shop, in a freezer, and cost ing a small fortune. My guess was that these sausages were in that freezer for several years, due to the the price.

And what about the price of good quality smoked and thinly sliced bacon in Moscow LOL a small fortune. However I buy it now and again. It smells and tastes so delicious, I can't help myself. The only decent bacon appears to be Danish bacon in Russia. A small quantity for several hundred roubles. WOW!