PDA

View Full Version : Bulgaria

debenture
13-02-2005, 21:59
I have heard that the Russians are promoting some sort of scheme for helping Russians migrate to Bulgaria.

Has anyone heard about this?

Would be grateful for any further info or leads as to where I might get info.

TIA, D

Sparafucile
14-02-2005, 01:55
It sounds unlikely - Russia has a problem with falling population. In some parts of the Russian Far East, the population is falling faster than 1% cumulatively per year, and has been doing so for the past decade.

Russia said it was mulling-over ideas to give Russian citizenship to ethnic Russians who found themselves the wrong side of a frontier (especially in C Asia, where things for Russians are looking bleaker now) when the USSR imploded... on the condition that they head off to Khabarovsk etc? I never heard what was resolved, but I presume it was nothing?

So I doubt Russia has any serious plans to aid its population to relocate to Bulgaria.

Although I wish they would relocate Philip Kirkorov back to Bulgaria.

debenture
14-02-2005, 09:38
Originally posted by Sparafucile
It sounds unlikely - Russia has a problem with falling population. In some parts of the Russian Far East, the population is falling faster than 1% cumulatively per year, and has been doing so for the past decade.

So I doubt Russia has any serious plans to aid its population to relocate to Bulgaria.

Although I wish they would relocate Philip Kirkorov back to Bulgaria.

Yes, the population is falling. However, we are not talking about 100s of thousands here, possibly not even thousands. Among certain sectors of the community (presumably, the richer ones), it is apparently considered 'modno' to relocate to Bulgaria and there are supposed to be certain schemes in existence to aid in this, presumably with some assistance from the Bulgarian govt.

I thought Kirkorov was in semi-retirement and therefore not able to bother you :agree: