PDA

View Full Version : AIDAS, Salamander, Pepsi, cassette players, queues for sugar, SPEED-info, "video salons"

shurale
11-03-2010, 12:50
I was born in 1976. Perestroika was declared officially in 1986. So, I was 10 when it oficially started. In 1991 (when it was over) I was 15.

tvadim133
11-03-2010, 13:03
And?

BTW, AIDAS should not be in a plural form, AIDA is a name of the main character of the opera of Verdi.

I guess, you mean ADIDAS, but it was bought by me for the first time in GUM in 1981. :)

Pepsi in 1980

shurale
11-03-2010, 13:12
I think I made the mistake because of SPEED-info (in case smb doesnt speak Russian SPID in Russian means AIDS, and shortness/longness of the vowel isn't so important in Russian. Not like your English sheep and ship).
Well, since I mentioned it, I think AIDS came to the USSR together with ADIDAS. Soulless foreigners brought it on the soles of their ADIDAS. :sick:

shurale
11-03-2010, 13:23
http://www.mynw.com/?nid=194&sid=142068

Cool ADIDAS hat. Your opinion?

tvadim133
11-03-2010, 13:34
For me this sign is nothing (actually, it can be considered as to be a communist sign, but by those who are not much of history and have a biased opnion about those times) but actually, the simbol is about the "union of workers and peasants").

Why not?

shurale
11-03-2010, 13:37
For me this sign is nothing (actually, it can be considered as to be a communist sign, but by those who are not much of history and have a biased opnion about those times) but actually, the simbol is about the "union of workers and peasants").

Why not?

So, chief executive officers of the ADIDAS corporation decided to express their support of the "union of workers and peasants"?

Judge
11-03-2010, 13:51
:idea::idea::idea:

ADIDAS stands for... All day I dream about sex..:sunny:

tvadim133
11-03-2010, 13:58
So, chief executive officers of the ADIDAS corporation decided to express their support of the "union of workers and peasants"?

I think this sign is just a sign from hystory, which belonged to USSR, that is the state which had different sides of the moon, of course (as any countries), but it was.

Why do you think. it is a kind of any support?

When you place, a winsdor palace on the T-Shirt or the face of Pr. Diana, is it a "support"?

Judge
11-03-2010, 14:05
When you place, a winsdor palace on the T-Shirt or the face of Pr. Diana, is it a "support"?

Good question..

Is it support or is to be fashionable ??

shurale
11-03-2010, 14:28
In Russian there are words Эпатаж (sounds like epatage -ge like in garage) I guess it's from French and more modern стэб (from stab?) Basically, it is a desire to shock (the Philistines).
Piercing, long hair, shaving your head bald, branding, tatoos... all this can shock. Well, it used to.
You can wear for the same purpose hammer and sickle. Just to shock your complacent, philistine parents, teachers, whoever. Or you can wear swastika. You don't give a damn about hammer and sickle or swastika, but you get some reaction from your parents (they cut down your pocket money!)
and/or media (if you are Prince William).
===
Then you can of course show support or it can be pure fashion...
What is fashion, btw?
Monkey sees, monkey does? I see a buddy scratche his arse, I feel the itch to do the same?

tvadim133
11-03-2010, 14:40
Franky speaking, I do not understant the topic of discussion?

In otherwords, what you are talking about in the thread (a subject of the thread)?

Judge
11-03-2010, 14:44
Being part of something is good for some people,the need to fit in,not to be alone 'safety in number'

In this day and age it's getting harder to fit in..This year alone,i'm shocked at the amount of suiscides that's been in the news..

shurale
11-03-2010, 14:44
[QUOTE=tvadim133;631825]I think this sign is just a sign from hystory, which belonged to USSR, that is the state which had different sides of the moon, of course (as any countries), but it was.

sic QUOTE]

I think this sign is just a sign of history when it is part of the logo of Aeroflot.
I think this sign is a sign of history when it is part of a medal awarded to a soldier who fought in the Great War.
I think it is a sign of history when it is in the cemetery in Prague where the fallen Soviet soldiers lie.
I think it is a sign of history when it is part of the memorial Eternal Flame.

I do not think that this sign is a sign of history when NOWADAYS a corporation, foreign or Russian decides to put it on their hats, T-shirts, cars or whatever.

shurale
11-03-2010, 14:46

In otherwords, what you are talking about in the thread (a subject of the thread)?

I wanted to start a thread about Perestroika.

Judge
11-03-2010, 14:48

Take your pick..:10518:

Perestroika
Verdi
USSR
ADIDAS
Sex
swastika
suiscide

tvadim133
11-03-2010, 14:57
[QUOTE=tvadim133;631825]I think this sign is just a sign from hystory, which belonged to USSR, that is the state which had different sides of the moon, of course (as any countries), but it was.

sic QUOTE]

I think this sign is just a sign of history when it is part of the logo of Aeroflot.
I think this sign is a sign of history when it is part of a medal awarded to a soldier who fought in the Great War.
I think it is a sign of history when it is in the cemetery in Prague where the fallen Soviet soldiers lie.
I think it is a sign of history when it is part of the memorial Eternal Flame.

I do not think that this sign is a sign of history when NOWADAYS a corporation, foreign or Russian decides to put it on their hats, T-shirts, cars or whatever.

Look! You take it too serious....

Sometimes it is worth being relax (in this case at least).

Once I made a party in soviet style (corporate) with pionners, actor who played Lenin and Chapayev.

Nobody thought it was something connected with propaganda or my wish to offend those, who are mad about the past.

It was just fun.

tvadim133
11-03-2010, 15:03
Take your pick..:10518:

Perestroika
Verdi
USSR
ADIDAS
Sex
swastika
suiscide

As for Verdi, he is my favourite composer, Aida is one the best his work (Traviatta is N1 to my mind).

I like that there is no USSR anymore, though I can not say, that I had very negative experience towards it.

ADIDAS, I do not wear it anymore (PUMA).

Sex. for ever!

Swastica: hate

Suiscide: never though about it.

Perestoyka- quite funny time, I like, I had the experience of that time.

To see and to experience how the mentaility, the system, the country, the business can be changed so fast and competely was great.

After these revolutions, I could understand, that I can do everything I want by means of my own hands, but without giving up my principles.

tvadim133
11-03-2010, 15:04
I wanted to start a thread about Perestroika.

Now I see.

Let's start then.

shurale
11-03-2010, 15:07
[quote=shurale;631878]

Look! You take it too serious....

Sometimes it is worth being relax (in this case at least).

Once I made a party in soviet style (corporate) with pionners, actor who played Lenin and Chapayev.

Nobody thought it was something connected with propaganda or my wish to offend those, who are mad about the past.

It was just fun.

Maybe. But sometimes I am in a lousy mood, and then I see some British yob (do you know stag parties? They come to have them in Prague, cheap good beer, perhaps sexy girls are more willing, too). So, I see some British wanker who bought a Soviet military hat and it pisses me off... Makes my mood even lousier. WTF does he pretend to be?

Judge
11-03-2010, 15:22
[quote=;631885]

Maybe. But sometimes I am in a lousy mood, and then I see some British yob (do you know stag parties? They come to have them in Prague, cheap good beer, perhaps sexy girls are more willing, too). So, I see some British wanker who bought a Soviet military hat and it pisses me off... Makes my mood even lousier. WTF does he pretend to be?

For the guys on the stag do it's a souvenir to take back home..They are just having a laugh,think about all the money they are spending over there...I'm sure people don't complain about that..

Like tvadim said...''Look! You take it too serious''