PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in scooter rental?

Uncle Pasha
10-03-2010, 13:37
I'm thinking of making a couple of scooters (50cc, no papers required) available for rent if there is some indication there will be an interest in it from travellers to Moscow. Before sinking $2500 into two decent scooters (my choice is 4-stroke Honda Super Cubs but tiny two-stroke Dio is also a possibility) I'd very much like to hear what you think.

Pasha

maccaddy17
28-03-2010, 22:30
hi i am a student here.....was actually just looking into renting a bike or a car for the spring to go around.
could i know the details???like ow much would it cost and from when would it be available???thank you....:verycool:

stacy
29-03-2010, 05:25
I'm thinking of making a couple of scooters (50cc, no papers required) available for rent if there is some indication there will be an interest in it from travellers to Moscow. Before sinking $2500 into two decent scooters (my choice is 4-stroke Honda Super Cubs but tiny two-stroke Dio is also a possibility) I'd very much like to hear what you think.

Pasha

once I get suicidal, I will PM you.

maccaddy17
04-04-2010, 19:54
once I get suicidal, I will PM you.

i will be looking fwd for your buzz.thank you.

J.D.
04-04-2010, 20:35
I wouldn't recomend that investment. Moscow is not a scooter friendly city. Most of the year the weather is bad and all of the year the traffic is bad.

ReallyGreatConcerts
04-04-2010, 21:18
I wouldn't recomend that investment. Moscow is not a scooter friendly city. Most of the year the weather is bad and all of the year the traffic is bad.

But you could get to the cemetery quite quickly on a scooter in Moscow...

[wrote someone who commuter cycles in Moscow]

onlygod
04-04-2010, 21:59
Here in Moscow, it's either Winter half a year, so snow, ice, cold or the other half is mostly rain. :) I think the weather factor would mean that you would have customers for maybe only 3 months a year.

Secondly, traffic here is a killer :) so I wouldn't want to risk my life on a scooter.

Lastly, can you really compete with the metro and public transport, the way I look at it, I want to go somewhere, I jump on the metro, costs around 20RUB for a ride, so I'll spend 40RUB a day, maybe some marshutka also, but basically, well under 100 RUB a day is what I need for transport.

Scooter hire in Russia is only good in places like Anapa, I think you can forget about Moscow.

Uncle Pasha
06-04-2010, 08:42
I'm then scrapping the idea of renting bikes by day/week/month.

Anybody still interested in bike rental will find then near the main entrance to the Exhibition Grounds. Their rate is 150 roubles (about $5) hour. That's the only place I know of in Moscow.

lehua768
04-05-2010, 05:35
the way I look at it, I want to go somewhere, I jump on the metro, costs around 20RUB for a ride, so I'll spend 40RUB a day, maybe some marshutka also, but basically, well under 100 RUB a day is what I need for transport.

oeleonor
27-06-2011, 21:55
I am intersted

Uncle Pasha
20-07-2011, 09:00
If a few people do show interest I'll get one or even two. I'm sort of on the verge of getting a scooter or two, and keeping them at Ovchinnikovskaya, on the other side of the river and then across the canal from Red Square. But I'd hate to sink $1500 into them and have them sit idle.

Another crazy idea I'm playing with is a trailer. Feedback appreciated. The cost of a semi-decent used one with a toilet and a shower of a sort is about $8000 here. Opinions please.

soprty
20-07-2011, 09:45

Strongly disagree regarding weather and the traffic is really why you would ride a scooter; no?

Regarding the investment, I am not really sure if good or bad but if I didn't ride a motorcycle I would for sure rent one.

Cheers

mrzuzzo
20-07-2011, 12:22
If a few people do show interest I'll get one or even two. I'm sort of on the verge of getting a scooter or two, and keeping them at Ovchinnikovskaya, on the other side of the river and then across the canal from Red Square. But I'd hate to sink $1500 into them and have them sit idle.

I'd rent one so that I could race soprty through traffic.

How much are you looking to charge for rental?

Another crazy idea I'm playing with is a trailer. Feedback appreciated. The cost of a semi-decent used one with a toilet and a shower of a sort is about $8000 here. Opinions please.

Like... a stand-alone or one that hooks up to a car? Because not everyone with a car has a tow hook on the back.. I sure don't. The idea, however, is interesting depending on price..

soprty
20-07-2011, 12:55
I'd rent one so that I could race soprty through traffic.

And no doubt you would kick my butt you nutty 51st Stater!!:rofl::rofl: