PDA

View Full Version : About donations in schools in Moscow / Omsk

Bachu
09-03-2010, 12:33
Good afternoon.

I need a small help from you. I am a Russian national planning to come to Moscow from India. My kids were born in India. I wish to enroll my kid in the kinder garden. Can you please tell me the cost of the school fees and other details? Do I need to pay donation for the school if my kids were born out of Russia? I wish to enroll my kids for the Russian school i.e. the cheapest school in either Moscow or Omsk. Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Judge
09-03-2010, 23:57
Hi, welcome to the forum..
This thread might help you..

http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=187955

nbogaard
10-03-2010, 08:43
Good afternoon.

I need a small help from you. I am a Russian national planning to come to Moscow from India. My kids were born in India. I wish to enroll my kid in the kinder garden. Can you please tell me the cost of the school fees and other details? Do I need to pay donation for the school if my kids were born out of Russia? I wish to enroll my kids for the Russian school i.e. the cheapest school in either Moscow or Omsk. Please advise.

Thank you very much.

We recently took our daughter out of a very expensive international school and placed her in a normal Russian public school. Our daughter is completely bi-lingual (Russian and English) and we were not happy with the educational expectations of the international school. Your children will be entitled to attend the public school which is geographically proximate to where you will be living. You can also research the better public schools available in the city and interview with them to see if they will accept your children.

I am sure that some people will tell you that you have to pay to get your child into a good school but that was not our experience. Ouyr daughter's school is ranked in the top ten of Moscow public schools, according to Izvestia, and they accepted my daughter and there was not one word, not one hint that some contribution was expected. My daughter loves her school and is flourishing.

If you want the link to the Izvestia article, please PM me and I'll send it to you. Good luck!