View Full Version : Russian laptop to USA

08-03-2010, 19:15
Just bought a Samsung laptop to take to the USA. Does anyone know where I can get the right plugs and converters for use in the USA?

09-03-2010, 01:08
You should be able to buy adapters in any decent US airport electronics shop. However, if you're going to be in the US for any length of time, or will be making regular trips it might be a lot easier to just get a US a power block for your laptop. You can generic ones fairly cheaply in most big electronics stores over there. Also, if you're power block is one of those that has a detachable power lead (power cable that plugs into the black box thingy which itself is connected to the laptop via a cable) then you should just get a US lead. Very cheap to buy anywhere and safer to use than a plug adapter, which can overheat and short out.

18-03-2010, 14:16
Amazon.com, just search using this keywords "power converter 220v to 110v". There are a lot of options. :)

18-03-2010, 14:30
PSU (external power supply) for notebooks usually have 90-260V input voltage operating range. So you need only plug adapter. Universal plug adapters for EU, US, UK, Japan, Australia etc you can buy in airport (SVO2 aka F had them definitely). But IMHO they're very overpriced there ($20-25).
Upon arrival to USA visit nearest Radioshack shop - it will cost you $0.9.