PDA

View Full Version : Hotseat Guidelines & discussion

TD
07-03-2010, 21:54
The idea is quite simple - a person is nominated/selected to sit in the seat, and everyone is invited to ask any questions they like.

To be eligible you must have been a member for 6 months or have accumulated 200+ posts - exceptions can be made at the discretion of the mod team however.

The occupant is not required to answer every question - if there is something they are not comfortable answering, the question(s) can be simply ignored.

Please use your common sense and don't ask mean or awkward questions.

Limit posts to the asking of questions - don't get off topic with discussions, opinions, judgments, etc.. about the occupant.

Posts that get too far off topic will be deleted.

Length of tour is suggested at one week, but can extend beyond that if the occupant so desires.

Ideally the existing hot seat occupant will find a replacement for him/herself. The occupant should contact prospective replacements privately via PM or other means, and once someone agrees the current seat holder will create a new thread. If you are unable or unwilling to find a replacement, please contact a member of the mod staff and we will take over.

No one can be forced into the seat - participation is at all times voluntary :-)

As an added incentive for participation, the current occupant may provide a banner which will be displayed at the top of this forum for the duration of their stay - size should be 468x60 pixels and sent to me at forum_admin@expat.ru with the subject "hotseat banner".

Bels
22-03-2010, 19:53
Don't you think the tactic of closing a thread is wrong before someone has not been selected as next on the hotseat.

Has anyone tried this one. Who will volunteer to be next on the hotseat? Or who wold dare to accept if asked.

Bels
22-03-2010, 19:53
Or for those who refuse? Why? Perhaps a poll of who would like to be next on the hotseat?

dontcallme
22-03-2010, 19:56
Missannelk is in the Hot Seat.

Bels
22-03-2010, 20:08
Missannelk is in the Hot Seat.

Thanks for that. Who would have guessed that one?

TD
23-03-2010, 14:35
Don't you think the tactic of closing a thread is wrong before someone has not been selected as next on the hotseat.

Has anyone tried this one. Who will volunteer to be next on the hotseat? Or who wold dare to accept if asked.

The thread was closed AFTER the new person (MissAnnElk) was chosen and a new thread opened. Next time refresh your browser.

All questions and discussions that are not directly related to the person currently in the seat should be posted here in the sticky "guidelines" thread. Going forward they will simply be moved here.

There is already a system for selecting the next person on the seat - until there is enough public outcry over that method, I think we will keep it :-)

xSnoofovich
23-03-2010, 14:38
Who will volunteer to be next on the hotseat?

I volunteer JEDBOY to be on the hotseat !

FlakeySnowballer
23-03-2010, 22:27
TD YOU ARE GENIUS :book:
I vote for DRWHO

Bels
23-03-2010, 22:30
I volunteer JEDBOY to be on the hotseat !

What is that? Excuse my grammar.

Bels
23-03-2010, 22:33
TD YOU ARE GENIUS :book:
I vote for DRWHO

I do also. But my guess is that he will refuse. He is too shy. I vote for you Snowballer. I think you would love it. And my guess is that there will be no nasties with with you. If there is ? We can always delete them for you :)

Bels
25-03-2010, 23:45
Who else might be interesting? I have my ideas. But how many of them will go for it. We have already discovered that there are several who will chicken out.

I'd go for Tvadim on a positive note. I think he would make a good thread. Perhaps Judge, or is too shy. No I don't think so. Why not ourfavourite administrator, Ezik.

TD
26-03-2010, 02:32
You are wasting your breath with suggestions here - the only person who can choose the next occupant is the current one... :-)

If anyone wants to publicly declare their willingness to be selected however, this would be a good place to do so.

Bels
26-03-2010, 20:13
It is always worthwhile talking about who might be the next one in the hotseat. even if someone else, including the potential poster being needed to make that decision.

There is no harm in discussing who might be good candidates.

sweetfart
31-08-2010, 04:33
You closed all the threads and I didn't get to ask any embarrassing questions.

Willy
31-08-2010, 09:20

Okay your next.

FatAndy
31-08-2010, 12:50
As I was latest, you can send them to me by PM :D

FatAndy
31-08-2010, 12:51
Indeed...

Okay your next.

sweetfart
01-09-2010, 00:54
As I was latest, you can send them to me by PM :D

I forgot what I wanted to ask you but I definitely wanted to ask tvadim if his avatar photo is really him.

MissAnnElk
01-09-2010, 01:04
I forgot what I wanted to ask you but I definitely wanted to ask tvadim if his avatar photo is really him.

Lots pf folks seem to suddenly be using their own photos as their avatars. And wow! There are some very nice looking people here!

tvadim133
01-09-2010, 01:33

I hope that when I am at the age of Martin Freeman, I will look like him.

In other words, it is not me on the avatar pix. :(

tvadim133
01-09-2010, 01:35
Lots pf folks seem to suddenly be using their own photos as their avatars. And wow! There are some very nice looking people here!

I should, must, have to place the photo with my face ASAP.

MickeyTong
01-09-2010, 01:39
There are some very nice looking people here!

Golly gosh, gee whizz and shoot, Miss Ann: thanks :inlove:

(I smooth out my wrinkles with warm mutton fat and pluck my nostril hairs twice a week. One must make an effort, after all.)

FatAndy
01-09-2010, 10:11
Of course no. He is from FSB (me too) and our bosses forbid to use our real photos as avatars. ;)

Gypsy
01-09-2010, 11:02

Yours especially, Elkers. Stramash, last year?

MissAnnElk
01-09-2010, 12:18
Yours especially, Elkers. Stramash, last year?

Yes, indeed. Our Mirka took it. I like it because in the actual photo I am standing in between you and Mr. Elk AND I scored myself a BIG glass of wine by charming the barkeep.

tvadim133
01-09-2010, 16:32
Of course no. He is from FSB (me too) and our bosses forbid to use our real photos as avatars. ;)

Oh, but we work in different departments, as far as I know.

My boss is not so conservative as yours as I heard. :)

but at any rate, untill I get her approval, I am not able to place my photo on any social sites indeed.

FatAndy
01-09-2010, 16:59
Your dept is advanced... ;)

untill I get her approval,

Fibre
01-09-2010, 17:17
Oh, but we work in different departments, as far as I know.

My boss is not so conservative as yours as I heard. :)

but at any rate, untill I get her approval, I am not able to place my photo on any social sites indeed.

I guess U`re more interesting than all your avatars. The problem is- changing them at times U attract attention to your person automatically

tvadim133
01-09-2010, 19:09
I guess U`re more interesting than all your avatars. The problem is- changing them at times U attract attention to your person automatically

That is the reason, why I do it all the time! :)

Gypsy
01-09-2010, 19:15
Yes, indeed. Our Mirka took it. I like it because in the actual photo I am standing in between you and Mr. Elk AND I scored myself a BIG glass of wine by charming the barkeep.

It was a good day, wasn't it?

MissAnnElk
01-09-2010, 19:27
It was a good day, wasn't it?

Considering I was just 24 hours back in Moscow . . . yes. It was a very good day.

sweetfart
01-09-2010, 20:03
That is the reason, why I do it all the time! :)

Are you ugly? If so, I'm inclined to accuse you of false advertising.

tvadim133
01-09-2010, 20:20
Are you ugly? If so, I'm inclined to accuse you of false advertising.

I am sure, I am not handsome and for me to say I am model, would be even not presumptuous, but stupid!

But I would try to find any recent pix in my memory cards to assure you I am not a ghost at least.

Actually I used different avatars to express my insights, interests or mood. :)

sweetfart
01-09-2010, 22:57
I am sure, I am not handsome and for me to say I am model, would be even not presumptuous, but stupid!

But I would try to find any recent pix in my memory cards to assure you I am not a ghost at least.

Actually I used different avatars to express my insights, interests or mood. :)
Then you should either put a woman as your avatar or at least an ugly man. Otherwise it looks like you're trying to claim some good looking person as yourself. It's false advertising. It's like if I put Cindy Crawford as my avatar. Not that the guy in your avatar is that good looking but it's gonna make people think you look like him. And then they will be upset when they see you in person.

tvadim133
02-09-2010, 00:40
Then you should either put a woman as your avatar or at least an ugly man. Otherwise it looks like you're trying to claim some good looking person as yourself. It's false advertising. It's like if I put Cindy Crawford as my avatar. Not that the guy in your avatar is that good looking but it's gonna make people think you look like him. And then they will be upset when they see you in person.

I did not think that avatar was advertising, if the site is not for dating.

Well, to calm you, I have placed my own (face) for while!

MickeyTong
02-09-2010, 01:05
It's like if I put Cindy Crawford as my avatar.

You don't have an avatar......

sweetfart
02-09-2010, 01:55
You don't have an avatar......

That explains my appearance a lot, doesn't it

sweetfart
02-09-2010, 01:56

I don't think it's you.

Fibre
02-09-2010, 09:41

))) I don`t believe that is your pic too)))So, U`re mysterious man for us))

tvadim133
02-09-2010, 14:22
Fibre and Sweet, why you are not sure, it is me?

Fibre
02-09-2010, 14:24
Fibre and Sweet, why you are not sure, it is me?

U should be on the hot seat once again- just for identification)))

tvadim133
02-09-2010, 14:27
U should be on the hot seat once again- just for identification)))

Did not get your idea!

How the hot seat can help you understand it is me or not on the pix!

What makes you doubt in this case, for me it is a secret.

Have you expected smth more handsome or, on the contrary, smth too ...y.

Fibre
02-09-2010, 14:32
Did not get your idea!

Just difficult to take in your character with your appearance))

Matt24
02-09-2010, 14:33
Did not get your idea!

i think what they're trying to say is 'for one so wise, you look way too young'.

Matt

Gypsy
02-09-2010, 14:33
Did not get your idea!

I must admit I thought the old one of the gentleman in a smoking jacket was you TV.

tvadim133
02-09-2010, 14:35
Just difficult to take in your character with your appearance))

Why?

What character do I have, I wonder, which is not correlated iwth my appearance?

White shirt and a tie?

Fibre
02-09-2010, 14:38
Did not get your idea!

Yeeh, U look so good for your ages)))

Fibre
02-09-2010, 14:41
Why?

What character do I have, I wonder, which is not correlated iwth my appearance?

White shirt and a tie?

the combination of strong character and rather complicated appearance, yeeh, may be that`s right to be the same. It`s so responsible to be smart handsom guy)))

tvadim133
02-09-2010, 14:42
Yeeh, U look so good for your ages)))

Thank you for your compliment! For my ages, it is probably not so bad indeed!

Fibre
02-09-2010, 14:56
Thank you for your compliment! For my ages, it is probably not so bad indeed!

U`re welcome))

sweetfart
03-09-2010, 01:18
Or he looks good for his age because that's not him in the avatar pic.

Actually, I can't see "your" face very well in the picture. You should post a close up of your face and then I will know if it's for real or not.

I swear I'm not a stalker.

FatAndy
03-09-2010, 10:35
Vadim, ask somebody - "lift my eyelids!"(C) :D

Or he looks good for his age because that's not him in the avatar pic.

Actually, I can't see "your" face very well in the picture. You should post a close up of your face and then I will know if it's for real or not.

I swear I'm not a stalker.

AussieinMoscow
18-09-2010, 23:50
Whatever happened to the Hot Seat? It was my favourite thread!
Can we start it again?:trampoline:

sweetfart
24-09-2010, 21:43
Take the reins bubba

Darya Alexandrovna
17-10-2010, 16:52
I am also wondering, what has happened to the Hotseat? Where are you guys????

sweetfart
19-10-2010, 06:47
I think people need to use the Hotseat to get their answers. I am a little ticked off with users now because I have been receiving some private messages from different people asking me these random questions. I mean, nothing too personal or inappropriate but they are definitely random. After I reply with an answer asking why they want to know or asking a question myself get no reply. The lack of reply makes me wonder if they're onto something and if I'm being researched. Makes me think something fishy is going on. Perhaps it was dumb of me to answer their questions. If any of you have random questions about me from now on ask it out in the open.

FatAndy
19-10-2010, 08:40
We all are being researched since birth to death. It seems to me there is no need to pay too much attention to it, otherwise you can get "mania of prosecution" (or how it is in English)...
Nothing dumb is in answering questions, just do it like politicians do - saying nothing defined ;)

FlakeySnowballer
19-10-2010, 11:48
But nevertheless Fat Andy you were the last participant of the hot seat and seems to me one day you moved to Baikal and this thread was clothed because you didn't ask somebody else to continue hot seat:tongue:

FatAndy
19-10-2010, 12:09
But nevertheless - ??? 8)))

Fat Andy you were the last participant of the hot seat - what an observation! :ok:

and seems to me one day you moved to Baikal - exactly. But how it is connected to the thread?

this thread was clothed because you didn't ask somebody else to continue hot seat
- 1) this thread is still open; 2) never heard that I have to ask somebody to do something.

FlakeySnowballer
19-10-2010, 12:33
But nevertheless - ??? 8)))

Fat Andy you were the last participant of the hot seat - what an observation! :ok:

and seems to me one day you moved to Baikal - exactly. But how it is connected to the thread?

this thread was clothed because you didn't ask somebody else to continue hot seat
- 1) this thread is still open; 2) never heard that I have to ask somebody to do something.

You should ask another member to continue discussion because you were last participant. Each participant before you sent PM to another to continue discussion or asked him or her on this thread while he or she was there

FatAndy
19-10-2010, 13:25
Each participant before you sent PM to another to continue discussion or asked him or her on this thread while he or she was there - what? 8)))))

FlakeySnowballer
19-10-2010, 13:34
Each participant before you sent PM to another to continue discussion or asked him or her on this thread while he or she was there - what? 8)))))

:10241:

Bonifaciy
25-02-2011, 00:37
FlakeySnowballer welcome to the Hotseat!

FlakeySnowballer
25-02-2011, 20:12
I don't mind :rasta:

ezik
25-02-2011, 20:26
Did FatAndy PM you for this? :) Or are you simply volunteering?

FlakeySnowballer
25-02-2011, 20:37
Bonifacii suggested and i told him i didn't mind

AussieinMoscow
25-02-2011, 20:43
So the hotseat is starting again?!?
:hooray:

ezik
25-02-2011, 20:49
Looks like it. :) Just a minute.

FatAndy
25-02-2011, 21:29
Should I? 8))))

Did FatAndy PM you for this? :) Or are you simply volunteering?

ezik
25-02-2011, 21:33
Should I? 8))))

Nope. No need for unnecessary bureaucratics. Flakey's in the hot seat now.

Willy
25-02-2011, 22:14
Nope. No need for unnecessary bureaucratics. Flakey's in the hot seat now.

Hoooooryyyyy!!!

It's not boring here any more!

Ildy
23-02-2012, 23:59
Why are there no more hot seats??? It looks interesting!
:10806: