PDA

View Full Version : Scalpers at Bolshoi

Nutcracker
07-03-2010, 11:06
Tickets to Bolshoi are sold far in advance for most performances. Buy them one or two months in advance if you can.

However, we have scalpers selling tickets for all dates. Get out of Teatralnaya metro and come to Bolshoi box office - you'll find them on the way.

First of all, ask them for a quote. Then, go to the box office to see if they have any tickets. They have an LCD showing available dates - ignore it and ask directly from the cashier (they still could be on sale). Then, come back to scalpers to negotiate the price.

*Prices*
Scalpers wipe out the price from the ticket (it's still valid, no problem with that). Listed prices vary from performance to performance. To my experience, parter varies from 800-2000 rubels; scalpers asked up to 4500 rubels. However, sometimes they sell tickets below the price.

Sure, the final price depends on your negotiation skills. Never accept the first offer, be ready to walk away etc. - it works.

If you come directly before the show (exactly at 7 pm; shows start few minutes later so you'll be in time), prices drop.

Good luck!

xSnoofovich
07-03-2010, 14:49
Or, you can just go to the bolshoi theater website, choose your seats online, pay via credit card, and then pick up your tickets at the window !

xp@
08-03-2010, 11:34
Some scalpers sell fake tickets.

So buyer beware!

Nutcracker
08-03-2010, 13:14
Or, you can just go to the bolshoi theater website, choose your seats online, pay via credit card, and then pick up your tickets at the window !

That's the best way, but unfortunately usually they're sold far in advance.

Nutcracker
08-03-2010, 13:18
Some scalpers sell fake tickets.
That's what you always think about dealing with scalpers. However, I've bought no fake tickets yet. Neither here in Bolshoi nor in La Scala, Vienna Staatsoper etc.

MissAnnElk
08-03-2010, 13:22

That's what I did. You can do it in English. Secure site. Plenty of seats to choose . . . no trouble at all.

tvadim133
08-03-2010, 14:05
Frankly speaking, Bolshoi is not my favourite theatre.

I am mad about the opera for example, and prefer to go to the Opera and Ballet theater Stanislavsky and Nemirovich Danchenko by name.

First: the performance is brilliant, orchestara is great, it is interesting to watch, there are young but outstanding vocals (some of the singers are really well-known stars now).

Second: the theatre itslef is very comfortable (seats) and with good view everywhere in the hall.

Third: tickets prices are more then affordable (880 rur in a parter, but when I buy for 500 rur by on the balcony, I have even better review).

Benedikt
09-03-2010, 22:03
get to learn the seating plan of the theater. or even better have a print out with you. then check where you are going to sit. behind a pillow where you have to crane your neck to see something:mad:.or so much on the side that you see only half the stage?:mad:
i have learned the hard way....:mooooh:

stacy
10-03-2010, 02:24
Frankly speaking, Bolshoi is not my favourite theatre.

I am mad about the opera for example, and prefer to go to the Opera and Ballet theater Stanislavsky and Nemirovich Danchenko by name.

First: the performance is brilliant, orchestara is great, it is interesting to watch, there are young but outstanding vocals (some of the singers are really well-known stars now).

Second: the theatre itslef is very comfortable (seats) and with good view everywhere in the hall.

Third: tickets prices are more then affordable (880 rur in a parter, but when I buy for 500 rur by on the balcony, I have even better review).

how do you buy tickets there?

tvadim133
10-03-2010, 11:48
how do you buy tickets there?

There are two ways for me:

1. to go to the theatre cask desk and at least two-three days before the performance, there are some available tickets;

2. to order them via www.parter.ru (english option is available there,as I noticed), but the charge 10% for the service.

If you like ballets, I can recommend Romeo and Julet first of all.

If you like operas, then Traviatta, Carmen, The night in May (Mayaskaya Noch, but it is Russian), the Barber from Seville (a new performance), Skaska o Tsare Saltane (The fairy tale about Tsar Saltan (Russian Opera), Boghema (my favourite), Der Fliedermouse (fantastic and unusual performance of operetta half in Russian hafl in Geman), Obruchenie v Monasturye (the wedding in Monastery but it is russian opera as well (Prokofiev),

I will not recommend "Verter" (it is interesting, but strange).