PDA

View Full Version : Let's be friends!

Daha
04-03-2010, 20:38
Hey people! I don't know how to formulate the question but...so I'm russian girl studying English&Spanish and I wanna make friendship with all of you, haha. To tell the truth, I really need in English-speaking friends and this site's a great oppurtunity for it! Let's dance, sing, walk, etc! And maybe I will help you in smth! Feel free for asking, chatting with me.
P.S. It's interesting and useful site indeed, thanks to everybody):trampoline:

Bels
04-03-2010, 21:54
Welcome to the site, As you wil soon see there are many expats here and friendly Russians. This is what waht makes this site unigue compared to any other forum in Russia. And that is why expat.ru is the greatest. We mix here witha ll nationalities. OK! There might be some arguments sometimes, however in general we are all friendly. LOL! Arguments are often more likely to occur between native English and native English speakers. Don't worry about it. It's life.

Organise meetigs to dance, eat, drink whatever and members will meet.

Also join in with forum with making your own threads or simply post on others threads. You are most welcome. I really do hope you have a good time here, as everything is possible.

Meet, dance, talk, argue. and sometimes seriously debate, as it is all here in expat.ru You can't get that anywhere else, if we are talking about Russia. This is the number one forum for all of this. And it is never sleepy.

Mud
05-03-2010, 00:20
Hello Daha and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

You formulated the question just fine! Good job! You are in a great place to meet folks to dance, sing walk, etc..., and of course practice english. I suggest that you look through the Local Events forum, choose some gathering(s), and come join us!

http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Hope to see you out!

Enjoy the site and this community!

All the best!
Mud :)

AndreyS
05-03-2010, 00:37
Oh yes!. Dear Daha, Bels, Mud! Lets be friends and go dance! I am up for that!

tasel
05-03-2010, 10:30
HI Daha, welcome to expat forums. You will find lot of friends here:)

Daha
06-03-2010, 19:48
Oh, I'm so happy to get the answers) Sigh of relief:hooray:
You know, I like disco of 80's and 90's very much! There is always much fun.
I'm going to go to the SUPERDISCO 90's in Olympiisky on the 13th of March. You might have seen the posters in moscow streets...maybe someone will join me and my friend? Then...sometimes we go to "Vermel'" club. Usually on weekends. So will wait for you!
Russians, can you write you're russians? Wanna know whom I address to)))
Repeat - wait for your messages.
Good luck!

AndreyS
06-03-2010, 20:04
Oh, I'm so happy to get the answers) Sigh of relief:hooray:
You know, I like disco of 80's and 90's very much! There is always much fun.
I'm going to go to the SUPERDISCO 90's in Olympiisky on the 13th of March. You might have seen the posters in moscow streets...maybe someone will join me and my friend? Then...sometimes we go to "Vermel'" club. Usually on weekends. So will wait for you!
Russians, can you write you're russians? Wanna know whom I address to)))
Repeat - wait for your messages.
Good luck!

Oh dear you can check our profiles for our nationalities. ;-)

Daha
06-03-2010, 20:31
Oh dear you can check our profiles for our nationalities. ;-)

OK, so don't you wanna join?)

tvadim133
06-03-2010, 20:55
I have not been to Vermel for 7 years. Does it still work?

I would like to go there then the next weekend, probably!

AndreyS
06-03-2010, 21:28
OK, so don't you wanna join?)
To be frank, I am way over the hill. ;-)

Daha
06-03-2010, 21:34
I have not been to Vermel for 7 years. Does it still work?

I would like to go there then the next weekend, probably!

Great! Write)

Daha
06-03-2010, 21:40
To be frank, I am way over the hill. ;-)

What a pity!) Where shall we invite you? Be frank again!)))

Daha
06-03-2010, 21:44
Oh yes!. Dear Daha, Bels, Mud! Lets be friends and go dance! I am up for that!
Did you say this?

AndreyS
06-03-2010, 21:44
What a pity!) Where shall we invite you? Be frank again!)))

I see you are a good girl, really! ;-)
Personally, I have never heard of that Vermishel... ;-)
But I will check it out on the Internet, and then post, ok?

tvadim133
06-03-2010, 21:49
Vermel. it was on Raushskaya naberezhnaya between Cabana club Balchug Hotel.

tvadim133
06-03-2010, 21:51
http://www.vermel.ru/

Daha
06-03-2010, 22:30
Yes, it is! I don't know how long it has been existing but really like to dance there)

unluckypoet
07-03-2010, 09:20
From the website, the club looks great.

Daha, what would you say the age range is there?

Thanks,
Matt

Daha
07-03-2010, 09:30
From the website, the club looks great.

Daha, what would you say the age range is there?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt, I was surprised but there were many young people, especially at the end of disco. But people at the age of 40-50 also dance there. So, variety of ages):verycool:

unluckypoet
07-03-2010, 21:45
That's good to know. Trust me, there's nothing worse than being the oldest guy at a bar or club. Second oldest? I can handle it...

tvadim133
07-03-2010, 21:48
In Vermel, as I see, there are many people of our (your and mine) age.

In Moscow club there is the same sutuation (mixture of different ages).

Daha
07-03-2010, 22:51
That's good to know. Trust me, there's nothing worse than being the oldest guy at a bar or club. Second oldest? I can handle it...
Hahaha Matt, my point is one's age is just a figure in a passport:rules:
As for me I appreciate an age of a soul:sunny: I think it's not only my point of view)))
So don't worry

Daha
07-03-2010, 22:53
If we speak of age - how old're you guys? Just wondering)

tvadim133
07-03-2010, 23:25
there was a thread about it... but as for me I am 38

Bels
07-03-2010, 23:59
Just click on our name, and you should find our age, if we are being honest. I think most of us are honest here. For me , I have no desire in hiding mine.

AndreyS
08-03-2010, 00:38
And I am somewhere in-between. LOL
Bels. Why not jump out of the hot seat and go hot dance!

Daha
08-03-2010, 19:23
I don't know why but I don't see your ages...((

AndreyS
08-03-2010, 19:42
Because we hide them. In the hope of passing a bit younger. ;-)

Daha
08-03-2010, 19:53
oh, men)))

Bels
08-03-2010, 20:17
And I am somewhere in-between. LOL
Bels. Why not jump out of the hot seat and go hot dance!

Would you like me to sponsor you next for the hot seat?

AndreyS
08-03-2010, 20:41
Would you like me to sponsor you next for the hot seat?

Thank you Bels! It's so friendly of you!
I think better some time later, not this time. I am just #9, and kind of clown... Oops, where is my # at all?
Imho, Judge looks like a bright candidate to the hot seat right now.

Bels
08-03-2010, 20:50
Thank you Bels! It's so friendly of you!
I think better some time later, not this time. I am just #9, and kind of clown... Oops, where is my # at all?
Imho, Judge looks like a bright candidate to the hot seat right now.

Agreed. Judge or TVadim133. Or perhaps Salthereturn, or Guest?

Willy
08-03-2010, 23:15

That's because they all belong to the Dirty Old Mens Club.

How old are you?

Daha
12-03-2010, 20:58
That's because they all belong to the Dirty Old Mens Club.

How old are you?

I'm 19)

Kraven Morehead
12-03-2010, 22:00
Hey people! I don't know how to formulate the question but...so I'm russian girl studying English&Spanish and I wanna make friendship with all of you, haha. To tell the truth, I really need in English-speaking friends and this site's a great oppurtunity for it! Let's dance, sing, walk, etc! And maybe I will help you in smth! Feel free for asking, chatting with me.
P.S. It's interesting and useful site indeed, thanks to everybody):trampoline:

Singing in English.
You can be like Ozzie Osborne. People can only understand you when you sing.

Daha
12-03-2010, 23:55
Singing in English.
You can be like Ozzie Osborne. People can only understand you when you sing.

OK. I am singing "Leeets beeeeeee frieeeeeeeeends!"))):7534:

Willy
13-03-2010, 00:21
I'm 19)

Just the right age for the members of the Dirty Old Mens Club!

Daha
13-03-2010, 11:18

I'm upset then..so I can't chat and dance with them? What should I do?:twofaced:

herald1973
13-03-2010, 11:25
Ofcourse you can chat with the members of the Dirty Old Mens Club, I'm convinced they would love it as also they would be interested in many other activities.
However about the dancing I would not be too sure, since the respectable age reached by the members of the Dirty Old Mens Club, the could evidence some physical problems that will withold them from dancing :).

Be careful for the one with the wooden leg ;)

I'm upset then..so I can't chat and dance with them? What should I do?:twofaced:

Daha
13-03-2010, 11:36
Ofcourse you can chat with the members of the Dirty Old Mens Club, I'm convinced they would love it as also they would be interested in many other activities.
However about the dancing I would not be too sure, since the respectable age reached by the members of the Dirty Old Mens Club, the could evidence some physical problems that will withold them from dancing :).

Be careful for the one with the wooden leg ;)

I'm not afraid - I like people with wooden legs)))

herald1973
13-03-2010, 11:40
Hmmm, interesting. Last night I was out and told some ladies that I have a wooden leg (an excuse not to dance) and they were not impressed with it.

You must be a very nice person :)

I'm not afraid - I like people with wooden legs)))

whitney0125
13-03-2010, 12:13
Hi Daha! Welcome to the forum! :-)

Daha
13-03-2010, 13:12
Hello! Thank you! I see there are some people who aren't in Moscow right now?

Willy
14-03-2010, 12:25

No you can chat, I just don't know how well fat old men can dance?

Bels
14-03-2010, 22:03
Such silly and offensive comments coming from you all the time! And that is why I don't find you a commendable member here. The person has made a very good thread and a very good title. And that is let us let us be friends. And sorry! But I don't hide my age and who I am. and I think the majority of members here are the same.

The thread writer is simply asking for us all to be friends. When she wants to find a mate , that is another story, and his or her choice.

So yes all can be friends in different ways. Don't make something dirty out of it.

Bels
14-03-2010, 22:05
Welcome to the forum Dahu, and as you can see , there is a fine mixture of members. You judge them as you what they say. Believe me, there are nice people here.

Hello! Thank you! I see there are some people who aren't in Moscow right now?

Daha
14-03-2010, 22:15
Such silly and offensive comments coming from you all the time! And that is why I don't find you a commendable member here. The person has made a very good thread and a very good title. And that is let us let us be friends. And sorry! But I don't hide my age and who I am. and I think the majority of members here are the same.

The thread writer is simply asking for us all to be friends. When she wants to find a mate , that is another story, and his or her choice.

So yes all can be friends in different ways. Don't make something dirty out of it.
Bels, thank you very much for such a wise answer! You're absolutely right, I'm just looking for english speaking friends here. Probably some members understood me incorrect, Well, life is life, but I'm happy there are people who understand me and my wish. Tnanks once more.:11629:

Bels
14-03-2010, 22:38
Yes . Let us al be friends. No matter what nationality , age or sex we are. I totally agree. And you have made a brilliant thread of which a small minoroty of us members misunderstood.

But hopefully I am speaking on behalf the real members here, we all want to be friendly here, with perhaps perhaps a little teasing now and again.

herald1973
14-03-2010, 22:45
Dear Bels,
could you please give some further explanation on the terminology used by you. I.e. using the term "real members" does this imply there are also " unreal members". If so, could you please indicate what would be the difference between a so called real member and a unreal member?

Thanks,

Herald

But hopefully I am speaking on behalf the real members here, we all want to be friendly here, with perhaps perhaps a little teasing now and again.

Bels
14-03-2010, 23:02
NO!
But all members are welcome here. The new thread writer here is without doubt proven to be a real member here, and very welcome by me as being a real member here. A fine example don't you think?

As after all our member was asking to be friends. without reason for age or sex. Simply to be friendly. By all means be open about age or sex. That was my point.

Those members that are not real, are those who simply come here for their own purposes of advertising, pasting their ads for example and disappearing. It is not a directory. It is a community forum. However regular members do deserve some form of advertising for their individuals, that becomes an active members privelege.

Dear Bels,
could you please give some further explanation on the terminology used by you. I.e. using the term "real members" does this imply there are also " unreal members". If so, could you please indicate what would be the difference between a so called real member and a unreal member?

Thanks,

Herald

Willy
15-03-2010, 22:44
Dear Bels,

Thanks,

Herald

He just posted in this thread to harass me and once again ends up defending himself. He'll say what ever he thinks you want to hear so he can get his post count up.

So don't waste your time it's a dead end street.

Because we all know it's only up to Bels to decide who is real and you isn't.

tvadim133
15-03-2010, 22:53
He just posted in this thread to harass me and once again ends up defending himself. He'll say what ever he thinks you want to hear so he can get his post count up.

So don't waste your time it's a dead end street.

Because we all know it's only up to Bels to decide who is real and you isn't.

It seems to me that Bels have explained what it means to be a "real member" quite acceptable and understandable.

Frankly speaking, I agree with Bels in this vision.

Willy
15-03-2010, 23:23

Bels I really don't care how you "find me".

Just look at your Hot Seat thread and how many people attacked you.
You even had someone question you in this thread because of your "who is a real member and who is not, that's not for you decide and people are getting very tired of it. You like to slander, judge, and convict people because you an over inflated ego.

So tell us Bels will you meet Daha and take her dancing?
Do you even go out in Moscow without your wife?

As for me I don't have a wife and I do go out to clubs. In fact I'm putting together a new band. It's a dance band playing music to make people dance. That's what I'm good at, making people shake their bum. So you are not giving this girl any help, but only helping yourself, like you always do.

Daha just go to Papa's or Buddies and you will find English speakers and dancing, or you can check back here in a month or two and I'll invite you to my first concert with my new dance band. Like always in life the choice is yours.

Bels
16-03-2010, 23:24
I think you are softening. No wouldn't often go to Moscow without my wife. I know she would worry too much. I have also two children to think about.
Yes I would probably meet friends in my own country, as my wife would know that is my country. But maybe not, that I am now more mature, I would have her to be with me.

However what kind of people are getting tired of me. Think about it!

Bels I really don't care how you "find me". Are they the Willies? And if they are Willies> Who would give a toss of what they think. To be honest I thought my thread was quite successful. As usual.

Just look at your Hot Seat thread and how many people attacked you.
You even had someone question you in this thread because of your "who is a real member and who is not, that's not for you decide and people are getting very tired of it. You like to slander, judge, and convict people because you an over inflated ego.

So tell us Bels will you meet Daha and take her dancing?
Do you even go out in Moscow without your wife?

As for me I don't have a wife and I do go out to clubs. In fact I'm putting together a new band. It's a dance band playing music to make people dance. That's what I'm good at, making people shake their bum. So you are not giving this girl any help, but only helping yourself, like you always do.

Daha just go to Papa's or Buddies and you will find English speakers and dancing, or you can check back here in a month or two and I'll invite you to my first concert with my new dance band. Like always in life the choice is yours.

Judge
16-03-2010, 23:45
Welcome to the site Daha...:10220:
Bels,there's no need to turn this thread into another Bels vs Willy battle..
The title of this thread is ''Let's be friends''...
nudge nudge, wink wink to Willy and Bels...

Daha
17-03-2010, 09:57
Thank all of you for the attention but, please, don't quarrel. I did'n expect such a theme would provoke so much argument. I say again - I am looking just for friends here. Not ONLY for dancing but including it. Friends try not to fight but understand each other. I hope so.:redcard:

Willy
17-03-2010, 10:13
Thank all of you for the attention but, please, don't quarrel. I did'n expect such a theme would provoke so much argument. I say again - I am looking just for friends here. Not ONLY for dancing but including it. Friends try not to fight but understand each other. I hope so.:redcard:

Well let's dance!

Here you go, just for you,

YouTube- The Jackson 5-Dancing Machine

Daha
17-03-2010, 17:21
Thank you for the video. Will be waiting for the invitation to your concert.:1306:

MickeyTong
17-03-2010, 17:29
YouTube- David Bowie - Let's Dance

MickeyTong
17-03-2010, 17:30
YouTube- David Bowie & Mick Jagger ~ Dancing In The Streets

Bels
19-03-2010, 22:38
Welcome to the site Daha...:10220:
Bels,there's no need to turn this thread into another Bels vs Willy battle..
The title of this thread is ''Let's be friends''...
nudge nudge, wink wink to Willy and Bels...

I didn't. I was trying to be nice as usual. But a Willy got in the way.

Daha
08-04-2010, 17:23
The weather makes me happy! And what about you? Are you ok after the blasts in metro? What plans?

Bels
08-04-2010, 22:31
The weather makes me happy! And what about you? Are you ok after the blasts in metro? What plans?

I remember my last visa trip to London. And when I arrived at the central london Metro I was very sad to hear about all the deaths caused in our Metro by terrorists. I saw flowers everywhere. I can only hope they sort out those terrorists hitting London and Moscow. But it's very difficult to identify the enemy. and that is the problem.

s for the Summer. I live in the country and hope to enjoy being in the forest, aand seeing to our plot of land by the river. We have managed to save some money this year, and hope to build a little house there. Our little house on the Prairie? Let's hope so. We live in the country, and it has its advantages, especiay in the Summer.

Daha
16-08-2010, 23:15
Hey, guys! Haven't been here for ages) So how're you? Are you all still friends?))) What new plans and ideas? Concerts, discos?

AndreyS
16-08-2010, 23:45
Hey, guys! Haven't been here for ages) So how're you? Are you all still friends?))) What new plans and ideas? Concerts, discos?
Hi, Daha!
I am still your old friend (48) LOL And sorry, of course, for disappointing you. But leopard can't change his spots, you know. ;-(.
Otherwise, I am ok. LOL
Concerts? There is one good right member who throws really great concerts. He is so instrumental in this as to take it as his nick.

Daha
17-08-2010, 09:17
Hi, Daha!
I am still your old friend (48) LOL And sorry, of course, for disappointing you. But leopard can't change his spots, you know. ;-(.
Otherwise, I am ok. LOL
Concerts? There is one good right member who throws really great concerts. He is so instrumental in this as to take it as his nick.
Really? And who's it? Just say, haha)