PDA

View Full Version : TRP and exit visas

phil
02-03-2010, 10:45
Here are a couple of questions - I submitted the papers for my TRP last week and was told it would be ready somewhere between June and August. I'm going on holiday in the middle of July. Let's say the FMS contact me 5 days before I go on holiday and tell me it's ready to collect. My question is - can I leave the country without collecting my TRP and just get it when I return from holiday a month later? Is the TRP valid from the moment it enters your passport or from the moment it's issued?

The second questions is - Can anybody go to Petrovka 42 to get their exit visa, or will I have to go to my local FMS office?

Cheers

SV1973a
02-03-2010, 10:58
Here are a couple of questions - I submitted the papers for my TRP last week and was told it would be ready somewhere between June and August. I'm going on holiday in the middle of July. Let's say the FMS contact me 5 days before I go on holiday and tell me it's ready to collect. My question is - can I leave the country without collecting my TRP and just get it when I return from holiday a month later? Is the TRP valid from the moment it enters your passport or from the moment it's issued?

It will be valid from the moment they issue you the TRP. I was granted TRP on 14 October, but went to pick up the TRP on 5 November. They still wrote the date 14 October on the stamp.

The second questions is - Can anybody go to Petrovka 42 to get their exit visa, or will I have to go to my local FMS office?

Exit visas for TRP holders are ONLY at Pokrovka 42. That is if you are living in Moscow. For Pod-Moskoviye, there is a different address.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

phil
02-03-2010, 11:57
[QUOTE=SV1973a;627438]It will be valid from the moment they issue you the TRP. I was granted TRP on 14 October, but went to pick up the TRP on 5 November. They still wrote the date 14 October on the stamp.

Does that mean I won't be able to leave the country if I don't have an exit visa? Even if I haven't picked it up yet?

SV1973a
02-03-2010, 12:12
[QUOTE=SV1973a;627438]It will be valid from the moment they issue you the TRP. I was granted TRP on 14 October, but went to pick up the TRP on 5 November. They still wrote the date 14 October on the stamp.

Does that mean I won't be able to leave the country if I don't have an exit visa? Even if I haven't picked it up yet?

No problem to exit the country if you have not yet picked up the TRP. If there is no TRP stamp. Your current visa will still be valid. Only after you have the TRP will the people from FMS cancel your current visa.

phil
02-03-2010, 12:17
Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated