PDA

View Full Version : question about the russian moderator

Korotky Gennady
20-02-2010, 23:32
Why does russian moderator constantly edit my posts in russian section and close my threads ?

No one my post violates the forum's rules that I red a few times.

I'm waiting for her explanation.

Korotky Gennady
20-02-2010, 23:36
It seems that usual russian censorship starts to work even here on the western forum.

Bels
20-02-2010, 23:38
Good question. What do you say? I find you ok in English , but don't read Russian posts for the moment. I have never found you offensive in English, although you might have strong views like me, you have never been offensive. So I don't know. But I don't.

But I would ask my trusted other friend frien Vadim. What do you think? If you say that the moderator is correct, I will accept your answer.

Korotky Gennady
20-02-2010, 23:46
. I have never found you offensive in English, although you might have strong views like me, you have never been offensive.

Bels, of course I was't offensive in russian. I never even use one russian rude word here.

It seems to me that the russian moderator want the russian section looks like she wants it. So she start to do censorship there... So now the english sections of the forum remain free from censorship.

tvadim133
20-02-2010, 23:51
There are two Vadims here, actualy! :)

As for me, I do not think that the posts, threads of Gennady are offensive and so on...

Actually, I did not understand the problem.. It seems to me that the threads are visible.

At least, I see and read them sometimes without any problems...

Bels
20-02-2010, 23:53
It seems that usual russian censorship starts to work even here on the western forum.

As Ezik has stated we don't censor here. But there can be exceptions such as swear word etc. Open minded opinions are allowed here, so did this mod act above her job? I think I know who you mean, one who acts like a redtape member, out of control from admin? I have met such people. But maybe I am wrong. But without doubt we need an explanation here, As you are a very important member here. At a guess a more respected member than this moderator. You have been here a lot longer than this moderator, and you are much more important, if I am guessing on correct mod.

And by the way I am gettiin pissed off with these pop-ups while I type. Please expat.ru STOP IT!! IT DOESN'T WORK!! PERIOD!!!! They just get us ANGRY!! STOP

tvadim133
20-02-2010, 23:54
Actually, if you tell what threads or posts have been deleted it would help, cause I see all last at least in the Russian Language section...

Willy
20-02-2010, 23:55
Why does russian moderator constantly edit my posts in russian section and close my threads ?

No one my post violates the forum's rules that I red a few times.

I'm waiting for her explanation.

Seems like she didn't like some photos.

Korotky Gennady
20-02-2010, 23:56
When recently she closed the first my thread, I thought that it was accidental case.

But now she closed the second my thread already.

AndreyS
20-02-2010, 23:59
High time to close this thread imho.

tvadim133
21-02-2010, 00:00
When recently she closed the first my thread, I thought that it was accidental case.

But now she closed the second my thread already.

What thread?

Bels
21-02-2010, 00:03
Actually, if you tell what threads or posts have been deleted it would help, cause I see all last at least in the Russian Language section...

How can we find these deleted threads. Something is wrong. Ezik. Please help. I must admit Korotky has always been fine by me. And he is a long term respected member here. Something is wrong. But yes!! We need to know what was deleted. I have never found Korotky's posts offensive in English. In fact I have always found him to be a very friendly guy.

Is there not a section in expat.ru of what is deleted, if I remember correctly, where all can read?

Willy
21-02-2010, 00:04
As Ezik has stated we don't censor here. But there can be exceptions such as swear word etc. Open minded opinions are allowed here, so did this mod act above her job? I think I know who you mean, one who acts like a redtape member, out of control from admin? I have met such people. But maybe I am wrong. But without doubt we need an explanation here, As you are a very important member here. At a guess a more respected member than this moderator. You have been here a lot longer than this moderator, and you are much more important, if I am guessing on correct mod.

And by the way I am gettiin pissed off with these pop-ups while I type. Please expat.ru STOP IT!! IT DOESN'T WORK!! PERIOD!!!! They just get us ANGRY!! STOP

A little mod bashing are we?

Who are you to say who is or isn't a "very important member here"?

I know who your talking about too and stop it you ignorant f**k!

She is a very nice lady!

Can't you wait for her to speak for herself before you start to slander her, a$$hole!

Willy
21-02-2010, 00:06
How can we find these deleted threads. Something is wrong. Ezik. Please help. I must admit Korotky has always been fine by me. And he is a long term respected member here. Something is wrong. But yes!! We need to know what was deleted. I have never found Korotky's posts offensive in English. In fact I have always found him to be a very friendly guy.

Is there not a section in expat.ru of what is deleted, if I remember correctly, where all can read?

Oh great as long as someone or something is "fine by you"

Your a freak!

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 00:08
What thread?the first was question about the best variant of translation. The second about Clitoridectomy...

tvadim133
21-02-2010, 00:08
I saw just one note of Ezhik from the last thread of Gennady (about hm.... women cut in muslim countries...) there were some hurting photos (not all), which were deleted...

Actually, taking into consideration, that here ther can be some young people (children), some photos can not be very good for them to be seen

These are not of ****** of course, but the same kind if they showed vicitms, dead people full of blood and so on...

So the Ethics question is here, not politics censorship, to my mind!

AndreyS
21-02-2010, 00:11

I respectfully disagree with you, Bels.

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 00:13
Oh great as long as someone or something is "fine by you"

Your a freak!

Willy, seems you are not too very polite now. (;

tvadim133
21-02-2010, 00:14
the first was question about the best variant of translation. The second about Clitoridectomy...

I do not remember "The best variant of translation" indeed, but as for Clitoridectomy, I would agree (as for deleting photo)...

You know, the article is very hard (photos are harder), so taking into account that there can be children here or young people, I would agree with Ezhik as well.

Though, it is my opnion

I think, it will be nice of you, not just insert the articles, but start duscussion (that is to show your opinion, or comments, why you decided to pay people's attention to News).

It will help more!

Bels
21-02-2010, 00:16
Where are you coming from Willy? As usual you are the freak. Korotky is a known respected member here, good nes knows where this mod has come from, as I don't really know her, but I know Korotky.

And as I have implied , I want answers from either side because I don't know, but yet I have never found problems with Korotky. Yes I do do know he ihas always been a nice guy here, and would like to see what has been deleted, even if it was in Russian. We need to question why. You apear to just accept without question. But what would I expect from you , except you choose to be a thorn in my side without reason.

Yes Korotky has always been a forum friend to me , and me to him. What is wrong with that. He has been here a number of years.

Why do you continue to be such a pain in the ass?

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 00:17
These are not of ****** of course, but the same kind if they showed vicitms, dead people full of blood and so on...

What do you mean ?

It was this photo which was deleted in the russian section.

http://novosti.ua/img/forall/i/2008/1204286759.jpg

And the second photo was the same... No violation of ethics as you can see.

Bels
21-02-2010, 00:22
I respectfully disagree with you, Bels.

That's OK. I back you up often. But another I often backup is Korotky. He is normallyy a nice guy. As I said I can't possibly know what was deleted. If it was really bad and offensive, then fair enough, but yet I would finfd that hard to beliieve. As I said, I back up members here I have got to know. But how can I argue about Russian of which I don't read. Was it highly offensive. Was the moderator correct. Whatever! It should be questioned.

Perhaps you know more than I do. All I know is that Korotky is a long term member here, and from where I see he is fine, just like you.

tvadim133
21-02-2010, 00:23
I do not know what photo....(I could only guess, if this has been deleted or another one)).

I told you about the thread in general and that is my opinion.

and may be it will be better to wait for reply from Ezhik?

Willy
21-02-2010, 00:24
Where are you coming from Willy? As usual you are the freak. Korotky is a known respected member here, good nes knows where this mod has come from, as I don't really know her, but I know Korotky.

And as I have implied , I want answers from either side because I don't know, but yet I have never found problems with Korotky. Yes I do do know he ihas always been a nice guy here, and would like to see what has been deleted, even if it was in Russian. We need to question why. You apear to just accept without question. But what would I expect from you , except you choose to be a thorn in my side without reason.

Yes Korotky has always been a forum friend to me , and me to him. What is wrong with that. He has been here a number of years.

Why do you continue to be such a pain in the ass?

Why do you say stupid snit about people you don't know. You talk like you own this forum, and everything is up to you, you have mental problems.

I know Korotky Gennady too and have met him he is a nice guy, I don't say anything bad about him, only you, if you want to slander a woman who is not here to defend herself, you f*cking coward.

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 00:25
I do not know what photo....(I could only guess, if this has been deleted or another one)).

I told you about the thread in general and that is my opinion.

and may be it will be better to wait for reply from Ezhik?

Okey. I hope the problem will be solved then...

tvadim133
21-02-2010, 00:28
Come on!

Willy!

Just re-read your own post with "the 4 rules"! :)

Bels!

I think, we should really wait for the comments from Ezhik's side first!

:)

Gennady!

The same! I can guess, why she did and may be after her explanation, you can understand her point of view (as mine) or discuss the issue with her for future.

TVAdim:

no comments!

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 00:30
I think, it will be nice of you, not just insert the articles, but start duscussion (that is to show your opinion, or comments, why you decided to pay people's attention to News).

of course... Vadim, but I post materials which seem interesting and important to me. So I am not against that if these materials can initiate a general discusion here.

Bels
21-02-2010, 00:31
I have no intent to act as if I own this forum. I see it as a community, and yes I try to help this community to grow. I have no idea why you have such animosity against me,. And you are begining to bore me due to to such childish actions. As far as I know there are about only three of you, who are a thorn in my side.

Why do you say stupid snit about people you don't know. You talk like you own this forum, and everything is up to you, you have mental problems.

I know Korotky Gennady too and have met him he is a nice guy, I don't say anything bad about him, only you, if you want to slander a woman who is not here to defend herself, you f*cking coward.

Vadim
21-02-2010, 00:33
If this is about this Muslim women related thread, I do not like. It's not actually a thread. We are not doctors or Muslim priests to talk about such stuff. I was disguisted when I came in there once. No Christian can understand why they're doing this, but it's not for non Muslim to judge. This is not a kind of popular reading, and what a discussion it could involve? Same is about the Orthodoxy thread (same author, same language), just an article posted and a few silly comments added inclusive of a couple of mine. What's this for?

Willy
21-02-2010, 00:34
Come on!

Willy!

Just re-read your own post with "the 4 rules"! :)

Bels!

Gennady!

The same! I can guess, why she did and may be after her explanation, you can understand her point of view (as mine) or discuss the issue with her for future.

TVAdim:

no comments!

He doesn't understand anyway, AndreyS tried politely and got nothing, watch he won't stop. Why do you think he has so many post?

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 00:39
If this is about this Muslim women related thread, I do not like. It's not actually a thread. We are not doctors or Muslim priests to talk about such stuff.

Of course we are not mullas and you can be unpleased with the materials I post... But who gave the russian moderator the right to edit the posts which are not offensive or rude ?

tvadim133
21-02-2010, 00:43
He doesn't understand anyway, AndreyS tried politely and got nothing, watch he won't stop. Why do you think he has so many post?

Do you ask me about Bels or Gennady? :)

I do not know.

May be it is just the type of character.

Bels expresses his thoughts and emotions in his way; you, me, AndreyS do in another.... even FSB (for me it is impossible to understand either) does in hers, unfrotunatley. :)

is4fun
21-02-2010, 00:45
the first was question about the best variant of translation. The second about Clitoridectomy...

Clitoridectomy? She may have been correct for banning the topic. Actually, she was spot on correct! LOL That's like a man without a dick. (not a duck) too funny

Judge
21-02-2010, 00:46
There is a proper way to deal with what is going on... Let me remind you all of two of the forum rules...

15. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.

21. When communicating with Moderators/Admins please be respectful and polite. Explain your problems/issues in a calm and clear manner. Rude behavior and/or attitude towards Mods/Admins WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and can result in an immediate ban. If you have a problem with any of the Moderators on the site or any decision they have made please PM one of the Admins. We will take all such complaints seriously and will respond in a timely manner.

These rules are for everyone.. old posters and new posters...

Vadim
21-02-2010, 00:47
Just agree, Gena, it can be interested to perverts only from other religions to read. I'm new to the forum, this is my first month, and cannot say what's permitted and what's not. I also do not know who is who in here. If moderator's a lady, I understand why she deleted it even if this is against the rules.

Bels
21-02-2010, 00:50
Well you definately love to argu. So yes! Let's wait for Ezik's post. He has already stated he is against editing strong opinions recently on another thread. Of cousrse if it is highly offensive or swear words of which he is aware kids read this forum, then the swear words should be removed. But he clearly stated that he was concerned about any form editing of others strong opinions. Of course there are exceptions. But who makes that decision. A new unknown and un anounced , unvoted mod?

Judge
21-02-2010, 00:53
Well you definately love to argu. So yes! Let's wait for Ezik's post. He has already stated he is against editing strong opinions recently on another thread. Of cousrse if it is highly offensive or swear words of which he is aware kids read this forum, then the swear words should be removed. But he clearly stated that he was concerned about any form editing of others strong opinions. Of course there are exceptions. But who makes that decision. A new unknown and un anounced , unvoted mod?

Bels, give it a rest.. Mod bashing will not be tolerated.
It's Saturday night we all should be getting along...:beerbros:

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 00:58
If moderator's a lady, I understand why she deleted it even if this is against the rules.

I can only repeat it's not against the forum's rules. What rules did my post ignore or violate ? Please, appoint it to me.

is4fun
21-02-2010, 01:01
Clitoridectomy? She may have been correct for banning the topic. Actually, she was spot on correct! LOL That's like a man without a dick. (not a duck) too funny

Actually I was just trying to be funny.. I did not mean to raise such a ruckus. I thought the clit thing was pretty funny actually and tried to continue the post on the theme started by Korotkoy Gennady. All in jest actually. :) Who can't love a little clit now and then? I mean really...

Willy
21-02-2010, 01:01

There you go again saying bad things about her.

Mod bashing.

Idiot!

Willy
21-02-2010, 01:03
Actually I was just trying to be funny.. I did not mean to raise such a ruckus. I thought the clit thing was pretty funny actually and tried to continue the post on the theme started by Korotkoy Gennady. All in jest actually. :) Who can't love a little clit now and then? I mean really...

That's the point, they don't have it any more, cut that wonderful little thing right off.

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 01:04

Judge, please don't forget that this is a social forum and the team of mods can't do anyting that they want.

So Bels and me are right.

There are rules anyway... The same rules are for the mods and the ordinary people.

Bels
21-02-2010, 01:08
To tell you the truth I am not really that bothered about mod bashing. I'd rather bash that Willy, who for some reason is infatuated with my posts. So NO . It's Willy Bashing!! I bug him for some reason reason. LOL!

But even so! Korotky's posts have normally been ok with me, argumentive or not. And yes I support his posts.

Willy
21-02-2010, 01:09
Judge, please don't forget that this is a social forum and the team of mods can't do anyting that they want.

There are rules anyway... The same rules are for the mods and the ordinary people.

Maybe you are right, you only asked why something was done, but Bels went too far and insulted someone.

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 01:11
Who can't love a little clit now and then? I mean really...

I try to make a joke too... If they like this now and then why do they cut this thingy off ? :question:

Willy
21-02-2010, 01:12
To tell you the truth I am not really that bothered about mod bashing. I'd rather bash that Willy, who for some reason is infatuated with my posts. So NO . It's Willy Bashing!! I bug him for some reason reason. LOL!

But even so! Korotky's posts have normally been ok with me, argumentive or not. And yes I support his posts.

Bye Bels see you in a week or so.:bird:

is4fun
21-02-2010, 01:15
That's the point, they don't have it any more, cut that wonderful little thing right off.

Certainly all the posters here and now know this severance is an absolutely retarded endeavor. OK, enough said, topic closed on my part. No offense meant...

Bels
21-02-2010, 01:16
Maybe you are right, you only asked why something was done, but Bels went too far and insulted someone.

But perhaps it's you that should be edited, as you are always such a pain a pain in the ass. At least least Korotky has maid genuine posts here. But what have you done, but be such a pain to other members, What valueud post or thread can you be proud of here, apart from slandering other members here. Perhaps it is you that should be edited. Not Korotky.

Judge
21-02-2010, 01:17

You're right it is a social forum but a forum that has got rules...

We are not heavy handed here, we do let many things slide ...If you have a problem with what a mod did then I suggest you PM the mod or one of the Admins..

I understand where you are coming from, I hope you understand me.. All i'm saying is that there is a better way of dealing with this..

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 01:18
But who makes that decision. A new unknown and un anounced , unvoted mod?

Yes, it is the other thing. By the way why was the mod in russian section
not elected but was appointed there ?

Willy
21-02-2010, 01:20

Don't go there Gennady, use the PM.

Bels
21-02-2010, 01:25
WHY?

Don't go there Gennady, use the PM.

Willy
21-02-2010, 01:29
WHY?

No you keep going.

I was only talking to Gennardy.

Bash away!

Judge
21-02-2010, 01:31

Mods and admins cover the whole forum..

Guys give it a rest...

Mud
21-02-2010, 01:32
Enough already. Judge has already posted several times. I am adding my voice to his voice of reason.

Korotky Gennady: If you think that your posts/threads are being edited or censored unfairly, then ask the Mod/Admin who you believe to be in error. If you are still dissatisfied then take it to Admin. As Judge posted, there is a way to handle this. This is NOT the way.

Futhermore, Korotky Gennady, you surely know that you should not repost anything which a Moderator /Admin has edited. Why did you repost that photo?

Bels: No need for me to comment as Judge said it all. However while there is no need, I WANT to comment anyway. Why are you bashing somebody you don't know with regards to posts in a forum which you can't even read? Russians who have read the threads and seen the photos have already admitted that the subjects and photos were questionable and perhaps inappropriate. Did you even pay attention to those posts? You ignore them so that you may go on bashing because it seems to suit you. Not cool, Bels! If you are going to be critical then at least TRY to be fair! You're not even trying because it is so much fun for you to pile trash on somebody whom you do not know about something which you cannot even read nor understand!

Willy: I appreciate your chivalry and unbridled enthusiasm to reign in this lunacy but please don't insult other members.

As Judge posted, let's get along. Can't we disagree without becoming so disagreeable? Respect the Mods and Admins and each other. Is that too much to ask?

Vadim
21-02-2010, 01:40
2 Gena. Sorry, I'm a bit slow with this response. I understand you mate. If this is a crusade for your rights, I can withdraw my posts from here :-). However, please promise no more disguisting sh!t like this :-) It didn't give any pleasure to find that stuff inside of a thread.

Willy
21-02-2010, 01:40
Sorry Mud it's just, oh you know, I kind of like her.

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 01:41
Futhermore, Korotky Gennady, you surely know that you should not repost anything which a Moderator /Admin has edited. Why did you repost that photo?

?
I repost the photo of this miserable girl becoz I was asked about this photo by Vadim.

And as you yourself can see this photo doesn't contain any offensive image.

And really it's a strange question for me from your side. You should get deeper into this deal to make decisions on this subject.

Bels
21-02-2010, 01:49
I think I already admitted that I cannot argue with what I cannot read. However if Gorotky has an an issue about editing. It needs sorting.

Enough already. Judge has already posted several times. I am adding my voice to his voice of reason.

Korotky Gennady: If you think that your posts/threads are being edited or censored unfairly, then ask the Mod/Admin who you believe to be in error. If you are still dissatisfied then take it to Admin. As Judge posted, there is a way to handle this. This is NOT the way.

Bels: No need for me to comment as Judge said it all. However while there is no need, I WANT to comment anyway. Why are you bashing somebody you don't know with regards to posts in a forum which you can't even read? Russians who have read the threads and seen the photos have already admitted that the subjects and photos were questionable and perhaps inappropriate. Did you even pay attention to those posts? You ignore them so that you may go on bashing because it seems to suit you. Not cool, Bels! If you are going to be critical then at least TRY to be fair! You're not even trying because it is so much fun for you to pile trash on somebody whom you do not know about something which you cannot even read nor understand!

Willy: I appreciate your chivalry and unbridled enthusiasm to reign in this lunacy but please don't insult other members.

As Judge posted, let's get along. Can't we disagree without becoming so disagreeable? Respect the Mods and Admins and each other. Is that too much to ask?

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 01:53
to reign in this lunacy

Hell, Mud ! :D What lunacy !? What are you talking about ?

Seems any power corrupts people... Even the little power of mod does. :D

Vadim
21-02-2010, 01:54
This is a quick statement. I didn't ask about any pics. Gena, there are two Vadims in here!..

Willy
21-02-2010, 02:00
Hell, Mud ! :D What lunacy !? What are you talking about ?

Seems any power corrupts people... Even the little power of mod does. :D

He's talking about Bels not you.

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 02:01
there are two Vadims in here!..I meant Vadim133

Willy
21-02-2010, 02:02
This is a quick statement. I didn't ask about any pics. Gena, there are two Vadims in here!..

You know all Russians look a like to these guys.

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 02:12
Russians who have read the threads and seen the photos have already admitted that the subjects and photos were questionable and perhaps inappropriate.

Well, after this statement I want to ask again what forum's rules does the posting of these photos violate exactly ?

Willy
21-02-2010, 02:22
YouTube- The Doors-The End

Mud
21-02-2010, 02:31
I repost the photo of this miserable girl becoz I was asked about this photo by Vadim.

And as you yourself can see this photo doesn't contain any offensive image.

I understand why you did it. It's natural to want to answer someone's question or request especially if we feel that it proves our point. Please understand, however, that you are not to repost simply because you think you are correct. Ask the Mod with whom you disagree or an Admin to stay in step with forum rules. We can't have each (or any) member deciding that they are correct and therefore ignore us and then repost something. That is why we ask you to come to us and we can give it a second look. We make mistakes too but a second look or Admin intervention can remedy those errors.

Please refer to Forum Rules #13 and # 20

13. The Admin team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.

20. Reposting something that a mod/admin has already moderated is grounds for an instant ban.

And really it's a strange question for me from your side. You should get deeper into this deal to make decisions on this subject.

Should not be strange at all, I think. What can I say? You caught my eye with this thread! No,, I don't jump into each and every discussion even when I do have a strong opinion and perhaps a strong disagreement. However this thread was bound to get some attention. You must have known this when you started the thread, didn't you? So why say that it's "strange"? You wanted to draw attention to a matter. You drew my attention to this matter. Not strange at all, really. :)

Mud
21-02-2010, 02:34
Well, after this statement I want to ask again what forum's rules does the posting of these photos violate exactly ?

See my previous post. Asked and answered. :)

Korotky Gennady
21-02-2010, 02:46
photos were questionable and perhaps inappropriate

See my previous post. Asked and answered. :)Nope, I asked but you didn't give an answer.

I asked you what were the reasons for closing the thread about barbarian mutilation of young and little girls from Africa and Asia ?... the thread which was fledged by the set of photos as the additional proof of this fact ?

You said that the materials in the thread are "questionable" so the russian moderator who made the unappropriate censorship was right... What questionable do you see there ?

Mud
21-02-2010, 03:59
Nope, I asked but you didn't give an answer.

I asked you what were the reasons for closing the thread about barbarian mutilation of young and little girls from Africa and Asia ?... the thread which was fledged by the set of photos as the additional proof of this fact ?

You said that the materials in the thread are "questionable" so the russian moderator who made the unappropriate censorship was right... What questionable do you see there ?

I'm not on this thread to answer your complaint. I'm here to tell you to handle your complaint in an appropriate fashion (Judge has also told you this more than once in this thread) and do not part with forum rules in order to win your case. That will get you nowhere fast.

Actually, I pointed out the rules which your RE-POST violates.

I did NOT say that they are questionable. I said this;
Russians who have read the threads and seen the photos have already admitted that the subjects and photos were questionable and perhaps inappropriate.
Big difference between what I said (quoted here) and wat you said I said (quoted above). Please don't misquote me to try to win an argument.

So,,,, here are Russians who posted in this thread:
Per Vadim, he understands why she deleted it. That means that it was not unreasonable for the Mod to delete it. If it is not unreasonable to delete it then it is "questionable". Please read his remarks below:

...If moderator's a lady, I understand why she deleted it even if this is against the rules.

Again from Vadim:

2 ,,,,, please promise no more disguisting sh!t like this :-) It didn't give any pleasure to find that stuff inside of a thread.

Yes, I think that this description, from a Russian who read the posts and saw the photos, may be said to characterize this material as "questionable".

Per tvadim133

........................Bels!

Gennady!

TVAdim:
Good advice from tvadim133

I saw just one note of Ezhik from the last thread of Gennady (about hm.... women cut in muslim countries...) there were some hurting photos (not all), which were deleted...

Actually, taking into consideration, that here ther can be some young people (children), some photos can not be very good for them to be seen

Again, a Russian (as I said) tvadim133, seems to understand the editing and deletions. The editing is understandable and therefore the material was "questionable" (whether you agree with it or not) just as I said. :)

Bottom line Gennady,,,, the issue for you is the editing and what you refer to as Russian style Censorship. The issues for me here are different.

issue #1. Do not repost anything which a Mod or Admin have edited.
Issue #2. If you have an issue then take it to the Mod and/or Admin.

I'm not getting into your specific issue here. You are not handling the issue appropriately. Take up your complaints with the Mod or Admin. Don't break forum rules. Those are my points and those are the points which I will discuss. Let's you and I stay on those points.

Mud
21-02-2010, 05:13
I think I already admitted that I cannot argue with what I cannot read. However if Gorotky has an an issue about editing. It needs sorting.

HOORAY!! Yes!! Issues SHOULD be sorted. As already posted multiple times now by Judge and I, there is a way to sort it but not like this. NOT with YOU saying that a Mod is not well respected and like a redtape mod. That's NOT the way,,,,, and you know it,,,,, or at least you SHOULD know it.

Bels,as a guy who soooo desires respect around here,,,,,what are you thinking about? Perhaps you should think about showing others the respect that you desire for yourself! :)

Sort the issue!! Yes!!! Show respect!!! Yes!!!

Bels
21-02-2010, 21:20
I respect most of your opinions ., including you Mud.And there are only a very minority of members here of whom I don't respect . Perhaps 2 or three of them I don't, and Korotky is not one of them.

Korotky is a long term member here, and highly respected by me. I respect most long term members here, and he or they should never be bashed.

If he has an issue with here, being a long term respected member here, he most certainly does have a right to be taken seriously. MUD! He has been around here a lot longer than you. Please respect his argument. And I do believe Ezik knows him well. Garotky a nice guy.

However I am going to keep out of what happened in what has been said in the Russian section, and am listening to Vadim err! the nice vadim, as there appears to be two. another member I respect here as a member.

HOORAY!! Yes!! Issues SHOULD be sorted. As already posted multiple times now by Judge and I, there is a way to sort it but not like this. NOT with YOU saying that a Mod is not well respected and like a redtape mod. That's NOT the way,,,,, and you know it,,,,, or at least you SHOULD know it.

Bels,as a guy who soooo desires respect around here,,,,,what are you thinking about? Perhaps you should think about showing others the respect that you desire for yourself! :)

Sort the issue!! Yes!!! Show respect!!! Yes!!!

Mud
21-02-2010, 22:57
....If he has an issue with here, being a long term respected member here, he most certainly does have a right to be taken seriously. MUD!

Yes, he has a right to be taken seriously and I've taken him seriously.

He has been around here a lot longer than you.

So what? Does that mean that he may break forum rules?
We are all subject to the forum rules.

Does that mean that I may not tell him that he is handling something in the wrong way? That's what I've done and I am correct in doing so. In fact, as a Moderator, that is a big part of my role here.

And I do believe Ezik knows him well. Garotky a nice guy.
I never said that he is NOT a nice guy. I've met him more than once and like and respect him. So what? He's still wrong and I needed to tell him so. That's what Moderators and Administrators do when necessary, even if the member is known, liked and respected.

...so did this mod act above her job?

No. See rule #15 (already posted by Judge in this thread):
15. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.

Here is Rule #21 (already posted by Judge in this thread):

21. When communicating with Moderators/Admins please be respectful and polite. Explain your problems/issues in a calm and clear manner. Rude behavior and/or attitude towards Mods/Admins WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and can result in an immediate ban. If you have a problem with any of the Moderators on the site or any decision they have made please PM one of the Admins. We will take all such complaints seriously and will respond in a timely manner.

Now, Bels, about you and your so-called 'respect'. You have not shown appropriate respect in this thread toward a Moderator.

I respect most of your opinions ., including you Mud.And there are only a very minority of members here of whom I don't respect . Perhaps 2 or three of them I don't, and Korotky is not one of them.

Korotky is a long term member here, and highly respected by me. I respect most long term members here, and he or they should never be bashed.

Here is what I am talking about:

I think I know who you mean, one who acts like a redtape member, out of control from admin? I have met such people.

,,, you are a very important member here. At a guess a more respected member than this moderator. You have been here a lot longer than this moderator, and you are much more important,,,

,,good nes knows where this mod has come from,,,,

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

FlakeySnowballer
22-02-2010, 00:28
Let me tell you as an ex-moderator in another forums.

First reason - you could offend the moderator.
Second reason - your point of view on different things could not coincide with the moderator's one.

Korotky Gennady
22-02-2010, 18:53
Second reason - your point of view on different things could not coincide with the moderator's one.That's the point.

But I am explaining to you all that she has no right to do what she did.

My thread was unpleasant for her but she hadn't right to delete my photos and to close the thread in order to prevent
the subject from further discussions on it.... (;

It's a typical russian swineness that is widespreaded in the russian part of the Net... (((((;

Korotky Gennady
22-02-2010, 19:10
I'm not on this thread to answer your complaint. I'm here to tell you to handle your complaint in an appropriate fashion (Judge has also told you this more than once in this thread) and do not part with forum rules in order to win your case. That will get you nowhere fast.

Mud, my actions are not against the forum's rules... It's obvious for everyone. That was what I wanted... it was to give this insolent case of the moderator's oppression of the dessedent to publicity...

Korotky Gennady
22-02-2010, 19:25
Per Vadim, he understands why she deleted it. That means that it was not unreasonable for the Mod to delete it. If it is not unreasonable to delete it then it is "questionable". Please read his remarks below:

Hell, it looks like a real bullsh..t from your side.

Since what time does the personal opinion of Vadim (by the way what vadim ? there are two Vadims here...) mean for you so much ?

Who is this Vadim ? Maybe he is Jesus Christ ?

And what was so "questionable" in my thread according to the unknown vadim's opinion ?

Korotky Gennady
22-02-2010, 19:35
Say... Mr. Putin had his personal reasons to close NTV tv-channel so it means in the way of your wrong logics that the existence of the former NTV channel was "questionable" too...

It is very strange logics for the american... Mud.

Mud, instead of to help freedom of speach in Russia, you help to oppress the freedom here.

Bels
22-02-2010, 19:42
May I suggest the refreshing of rules before moderators start getting bored talking to themselves. May I suggest no bashing of important regular active members here? May I suggest that you take them seriously , when they have something to dispute.

Or perhaps you would like to defend just moderators, and perhaps then you can chat to yourselves, and wonde what on earth happened to the forum, as all thar is left of the foruma are moderators.

Members disputes should be taken seriously. And don't get muddled by Willie, if I remember willie was a heavily membered here, and he thoroughly deserverd it, and he hasn't forgotten it.

I have been threatened with a ban, and that makes me bashed. And I will go gladly , trying to serve expat.ru and my strong principles of protecting members Korotky Kennedy. Just the same as I would protect any good member here. Now if you don't see sense sense that's your problem.

I might even quite if expat.ru continues to go to such a new low, of which in the past was not their character. Long term active members interests and disputes must be taken seriously here.

Time for new rules I believe. It a members forum after all. not a moderators.

If I ger banned for this, thane expat.ru has a major problem. Yes I feel I have personalised bashed on the PMs. And have received disrespect. To the pm person concerned. I feel this is should be a public one in this case. Sorry no private answer in this very important case.

To summarise, if I go , Ig with self respect to myself.

Let me tell you as an ex-moderator in another forums.

First reason - you could offend the moderator.
Second reason - your point of view on different things could not coincide with the moderator's one.

Korotky Gennady
22-02-2010, 19:54
If I ger banned for this, thane expat.ru has a major problem.
Dear Bels, for sure you will not be banned becoz you are quite right.

Bels
22-02-2010, 20:11
Dear Bels, for sure you will not be banned becoz you are quite right.

Agreed about being right. However it appears some other very very important members have a different opinion from me, and that bugs me. Especially when they are members of whom I would normally expect support in such a situation. Sorry, there is a serious gap between the important members here for the moment, who normally have some common sense. Perhaps it is willy poisoning their normal common sense, Let's not forget idf this is the same willy a few years back, he was almost banned permantly. for upsetting major members of the time. Including Korotky, Cleaner, and a number of others. He was the bad guy. Not me.

Korotky Gennady
22-02-2010, 20:20
Yeah... I remember Clean very well. He was a very open-minded person with a huge sense of humor. :doh:

It was a big loss for forum that we have lost him.

Maybe he was a little bit brutal... but only a little bit.

Bels
22-02-2010, 21:13
And also I made a major mistake in asking for Vadim. For me there is only one Vadim. Yes it get's so confusing with all these Vadims. The one I respect is top member here TVadim133 is the one for to give a very sensible opinion here. Whatever he says, I will respect his opinion. I am talking about the big poster vadim , who has proven himself as a very thoughtful and considerate member here. If he says Korotky is wrong. I will go with what he says.

FlakeySnowballer
22-02-2010, 21:19
That's the point.

But I am explaining to you all that she has no right to do what she did.

My thread was unpleasant for her but she hadn't right to delete my photos and to close the thread in order to prevent
the subject from further discussions on it.... (;

It's a typical russian swineness that is widespreaded in the russian part of the Net... (((((;

I understand you but maybe it is better to rewrite deleted thread in the english part of the forum. Just interesting the title of the deleted thread...

PS: Life example - my university pal has a forum he is admin there and he always removes all threads which he does not like.

Bels
22-02-2010, 21:31
It must also be remembered that to create and keep a good forum, that yes you need good administrators to manage and guide their moderators to keep the smooth running of a frum. But this doesn't mean that mods should make serious threats about banning members, they must learn to communicate and realise that active members are very important here. They must learn that before they just end up talking to themselves. Moderatotor to moderaator, admin to mod.Active Members are just as important here and must be given their self respect, and should never be threatened of banning when coming up with a constructive question.

Now it's upto you. Growth of this forum, or destrusction, and end ing up talking to yourselves, with no members to manage.

To summarise. If mods shoulodn't be bashed? As may I say was extremely mild, and wasn't a bash, but a matter of personal opinion. Compared to important members here, who have been bashed much more seriously.

It's up to you you you. I have my beliefs. And if you don't believe in them, then I leave with my self respect. But will you respect yourselves when it happeans. as I know I will respect me. Because I know I am right.

Bels
22-02-2010, 21:36
Interesting! Ezik said in his last post as to that is what he is strongly against. And so am I. The point is Flakey. Did you find anything offensive from Korotky? As It appears you didn't. What do you think about Korotky and his recent posts.. You are newer member from TVadim. However I will believe in your opinion

I understand you but maybe it is better to rewrite deleted thread in the english part of the forum. Just interesting the title of the deleted thread...

PS: Life example - my university pal has a forum he is admin there and he always removes all threads which he does not like.

Bels
22-02-2010, 21:40
Yeah... I remember Clean very well. He was a very open-minded person with a huge sense of humor. :doh:

It was a big loss for forum that we have lost him.

Maybe he was a little bit brutal... but only a little bit.

He was blunt, and Russian. I think us Brits can relate to his character also. That's why I liked him. Funny, I really do believe that Brits don't get on with Russians politically because we are simply the same. We are both so arrogant, but we are similar in personality, we should get on.

MickeyTong
22-02-2010, 21:44
.....willie was a heavily membered here...

Hehehehehe. Willy is heavily membered......

FlakeySnowballer
22-02-2010, 21:58
Interesting! Ezik said in his last post as to that is what he is strongly against. And so am I. The point is Flakey. Did you find anything offensive from Korotky? As It appears you didn't. What do you think about Korotky and his recent posts.. You are newer member from TVadim. However I will believe in your opinion

I think that all Gennadi's posts are very friendly.
Bels i wrote it cause earlier when i was very very young i was a moderator and from time to time did such things.

Bels
22-02-2010, 22:00
Hehehehehe. Willy is heavily membered......

Must have been a mistype there. I haven't looked back on my posts. However I am going to guess it was remembered and you spotted membered God joke! However thyis is a serious discussion.

Bels
22-02-2010, 22:08
I think that all Gennadi's posts are very friendly.
Bels i wrote it cause earlier when i was very very young i was a moderator and from time to time did such things.

Thank you Flakey. As that means a lot to me. I also find Gennadi's posts very friendly here, and his PMs. Now he has an issue, do you honestly not think that his should be taken seriously. That is all we are asking. We are asking for details, and was he right or was he wrong. He might have been a bit a bit of a rascal, but aren't we all at times? What do do you think again? I think he was propably ok. Or at least forgiven about his posts being edited, as that is what the argument is all about.

Now when you were a moderator, did you find a need to have good responsible members. How important were the members to you?

ele_naidi
22-02-2010, 22:43
He might have been a bit a bit of a rascal

Then it's not just seemed to me. Good.

You call it a bit a bit?

Bels
22-02-2010, 23:04
Then it's not just seemed to me. Good.

You call it a bit a bit?

Why? Can you say more?

TD
22-02-2010, 23:20
Final word on this:

To begin with, the Russian forum description --> "This forum section is especially for Russian-language postings and replies and questions about translation/localisation issues, interpreting, dictionaries, translation services etc."

In other words it is for posts relating to the understanding of the Russian language, and a place for folks to practice language skills. It is NOT a place to discuss current events, politics, or anything else that we already have other forums setup to discuss. The forums are for English language discussions, with the exception of this particular one whose function is limited to Russian language related topics. I would have to say that in this case the moderator was extremely lenient in not deleting the thread outright. I have looked at the photos which were deleted, and they were indeed offensive. The one that was re-posted was not, but there were others that most certainly were.

So to sum up, this thread had no business being in the Russian forum to begin with, therefore there can be no question as to the actions of the moderator in either editing it or closing it.