PDA

View Full Version : Excess baggaage to Moscow from OZ

Loppy19
17-02-2010, 05:57
Hi,
just wondering if anyone has any epxerience with getting an extra suitcase to Moscow and any recommended companies to do this with? I am coming from Australia.
Thanks

Loppy19
19-03-2010, 02:40
okay, so I have some companies that can get parcels or excess baggage to the airport in Moscow, but from there I will need to pick it up.
Can anyone assist me in terms of customs, taxes, processes etc that I could expect if I took this option? I guess I want to know if it is worthwhile or just a painful process?

Thanks

rusad
19-03-2010, 17:26
To obligatory written declaring are subject, moved to the hand luggage, accompanied and not accompanied luggage:

1. The imported goods, which total cost exceeds 65 thousand roubles and (or) which gross weight exceeds 35 kg.

2. At single import to the Russian Federation a cash foreign currency and (or) currency of the Russian Federation, and also traveller's cheques, external and (or) internal securities in the documentary form in the sum exceeding in an equivalent 10 000 (ten thousand) US dollars.

///

Declaring of the goods

Any goods moved through customs border of the Russian Federation by physical persons, are subject to declaring.

The goods can be declared by the physical person (both Russian, and foreign), and also the person operating on the basis of the power of attorney (a carrier, the customs broker).

If the goods are transported by the minor aged till 16 years, declare the goods one of parents, the adoptive father, the trustee or the trustee can accompanying it, and at the organised departure (entrance) of group of minors - the head of group.

The goods moved in accompanied luggage, are declared in a check point. At written declaring passenger customs declaration ТД-6 moves. The form and an order of its filling are confirmed by Order ФТС the Russian Federation from November, 30th, 2007 N 1485 "About the statement of the form of the passenger customs declaration and an order of its filling".

Simultaneously with ТД-6, depending on circumstances, it is represented for acknowledgement of the declared data:

* the document proving the identity (the passport, the passport, the birth certificate for minors, etc.)
* the document confirming adoption, guardianship, guardianship of the minor (if the goods are declared by this person on behalf of the minor)
* the documents confirming acquisition and cost of the declared goods (the account, checks, etc.)
* transport (transportation) documents (waybills, baggage receipts, etc.)
* the documents confirming the right to privileges (including for time import, the refugees moving on the PERMANENT RESIDENCE, etc.)
* the documents confirming observance of not tariff restrictions (the licence, the permission and so forth)
* other documents, including confirming their mission for personal needs (in case of such necessity)

At declaring of the goods in the oral form such documents are represented only on request of the official.

Declaring of the goods moved in not accompanied luggage, is made by giving in customs on a residence of the Statement of the simplified form (or ГТД in case of declaring of the goods by other person by proxy).

The application form and order of its filling are established by the Order of the State Customs Committee of the Russian Federation from 6/17/2004 N 687 "About the statement of an application form of the physical person and an order of filling of the statement of the physical person".

Thus data on presence of not accompanied luggage are specified in the passenger customs declaration ТД-6 issued in a check point at crossing of border.

Simultaneously with the statement the same set of documents is represented, as at registration of accompanied luggage in a check point (are listed above), but also, the copy of passenger customs declaration ТД-6 (where the accompanied luggage is declared and presence of not accompanied luggage is specified) on the imported goods with a mark of customs body about release should be still presented.

If the physical person does not have declaration ТД-6 in which the accompanied luggage was declared, with check point marks, at customs registration of not accompanied luggage it is considered that in accompanied luggage the goods were imported, cost or which quantity corresponds to limit rates for duty-free import if the person does not prove the return (i.e. privileges on duty-free import are considered used and it is necessary to pay for the imported goods customs payments regarding excess of norms of duty-free import).

The way of declaring depends on a way of import/export of the goods.

rusad
19-03-2010, 17:40
My occupation is airfreight operations worlwide and in Russia using DME/SVO airports, St.Pete(LED) and Sochi(AER) airports - operating with Personal and Commercial Goods.

My recomendation to anyone who goes to Russia with more than 50kgs of Personal Effects is Send Overweight under AWB/airwaybill - You will reduce costs on Carriage - Example(as far as i remember) Overweight Baggage from Australia to Moscow ~USD 25-34++per kilo (depends on airline), by AWB(Cargo) ~USD 8-9 per kilo.

kind regards,
Alex

Voodoo
19-03-2010, 18:35
My occupation is airfreight operations worlwide and in Russia using DME/SVO airports, St.Pete(LED) and Sochi(AER) airports - operating with Personal and Commercial Goods.

My recomendation to anyone who goes to Russia with more than 50kgs of Personal Effects is Send Overweight under AWB/airwaybill - You will reduce costs on Carriage - Example(as far as i remember) Overweight Baggage from Australia to Moscow ~USD 25-34++per kilo (depends on airline), by AWB(Cargo) ~USD 8-9 per kilo.

kind regards,
Alex

Alex, what would be your suggestion for flying in with more than 35 kilos of baggage? Customs are now enforcing this law and charging money for every kilo over 35. Is there any way around this? Does this rule apply if you send stuff as unaccompanied baggage? And how is easy it for a private individual to clear a suitcase or two of their through customs as unaccompanied baggage?