PDA

View Full Version : Australian currency needed

thylacinegirl
15-02-2010, 17:58
Does anyone have an Aussie dollars they could sell me for rubles (cash)? Please email DELETED - PLEASE US PM if so. Thanks!!!!

nbogaard
15-02-2010, 19:54
Tassy, why don't you call the Australian Embassy and ask them where you can change your rubles into Australian dollars? I don't have a clue where to get Australian dollars. Whenever my wife is going to the UK and needs British Pounds, I order them from Raiffeisenbank and they have them at my chosen branch in a couple of days. You could try that with your bank, I guess.

Ed.
22-02-2010, 00:33
You can buy australian dollars in any bank. You only may need your passport. So take any currency and go to bank. You can find a lit of addresses in the web. If you need any assistance, tell me in PM.

Vadim
22-02-2010, 03:15
I know that all rare currencies are better to order over the phone or in person in branch. They ask how much do you need, and when can you come to collect. No need to have an account open with them. Sberbank works like this. I have never had any problem buying foreign currency this way. Sure, they cannot guarantee the notes value, fivers, tenners, hundreds, etc. This is a certain inconvenience, of course

Nadezhda 81
22-02-2010, 13:30
Tassy, why don't you call the Australian Embassy and ask them where you can change your rubles into Australian dollars? I don't have a clue where to get Australian dollars. Whenever my wife is going to the UK and needs British Pounds, I order them from Raiffeisenbank and they have them at my chosen branch in a couple of days. You could try that with your bank, I guess.

Please note that you cannot change the money at the Australian Embassy. There is an exchange place at New Arbat Street 11-13.

rushan
22-02-2010, 15:04
Thylacinegirl,
One can buy AUD in almost any local office (http://www.sbrf.ru/moscow/ru/about/branch/list_branch/) of Sberbank. Check rates (http://www.sbrf.ru/common/img/uploaded/banks/uploaded_mb/c_list/vkurs/download/2010/02/vk0220.rtf) on their website .