PDA

View Full Version : Multi-entry business visa

jitengarg
12-02-2010, 13:05
Hi Friends !

A multiple entry business visa allows nationals of all countries to stay in Russia up to 90 days out of the period of 180 days.

If I have a multi-entry 1 year business visa, can I leave after 90 days, spend a week outside Russia and then again come back and stay for another 90 days and carry this on till the validity of my 1 year visa.

Thanks
JG

davidhuckin
12-02-2010, 13:41
Hi no, you can stay 90 days then you must leave the country for 90 days before you can re-enter for another 90 days... i had the same problem last year, in the end i voided my 1 year visa and travelled on 3 month business visa then left country for 1 week get new 3 month visa and go back...

kleft
12-02-2010, 13:55
I had same problem but instead of getting 3 month business visa I got new multi-entry business visas every time. I did this because I travel a lot for a living. I was not out 90 days but I could easily stretch the 90 days to 120+ by not being in the country (plus I could come and go without problems). Basically I had to make the visa hop less times (1 less time) in a year this way...

jitengarg
13-02-2010, 09:23
I had same problem but instead of getting 3 month business visa I got new multi-entry business visas every time. I did this because I travel a lot for a living. I was not out 90 days but I could easily stretch the 90 days to 120+ by not being in the country (plus I could come and go without problems). Basically I had to make the visa hop less times (1 less time) in a year this way...

could you kindly elaborate on this...

snowbars
13-02-2010, 10:12
On ME Business visa you cannot stay in Russia more than 180 days within the 365 day validity of the visa

J.D.
13-02-2010, 10:38
More acurately, you can only stay 90 days out of a 180 day period.

kleft
13-02-2010, 15:52
could you kindly elaborate on this...

Sure. Basically I went a year on mult-entry visas vs back to back 3 month business visas. I would basically ride a multi-entry visa as long as I could within the 90 day rule (often I could push 120+ because I was often out of the country on business trips). Once I was close to my 90 days in country I would go back to US and get a new business visa. I would attach a cover letter asking the russian embassy to please cancel my existing business visa and issue a new business visa. I did this three times last year in the US without any problems. I now have RVP, which is better in terms of status but hell in terms of travel as the exit visas are a real pain for me.

The effect of back to back multi-entry visas is basically the same as back to back 3 month business visa but with two advantages -

1.) I could go longer than 90 consecutive days because I could subtract the time i spent out of the country on business trips
2.) I could basically come and go because it was a multi entry visa

If you travel a lot but live in russia it's a better route, if you don't there really is no advantage.

snowbars
15-02-2010, 09:31
Alternative to all this could be Rep Company Visa (though not cheap) is stay in russia 365 days a year and renew yearly while in Russia....

osgep
17-02-2010, 14:55
Hi
if you want stay in Rus more than 90 days, you must do work permit and work visa