PDA

View Full Version : russia apostille

millyfrend
12-02-2010, 02:38
yeah my visa runs out in july as well. i have to go back to get an apostille on my degree to do more teaching. i just don't know how to do it. my friend said there was a company in california, apostille pros... that can help me with apostille. that how she got her apostille, so lets hope i can get my visa through the visa agency, then ill be set.

Bogatyr
14-02-2010, 23:42
yeah my visa runs out in july as well. i have to go back to get an apostille on my degree to do more teaching. i just don't know how to do it. my friend said there was a company in california, apostille pros... that can help me with apostille. that how she got her apostille, so lets hope i can get my visa through the visa agency, then ill be set.

If you're going to be in California yourself, then why not save the $100+ dollars extra for the private service and do it yourself. If you're in a real hurry and reasonably close to it, just pay a visit to the wonderful capital city of Sacramento (the Secretary of State building has the Apostille office).

If you're not in an extreme hurry you can do it by mail as well. But when I was at the Apostille counter one man was having issues with the office having "lost" a document sent to them in the mail (I'd bring the critical docuements in person).

If you're in a big hurry and you're far from Sacramento, well, maybe the Apostille service will earn its fee.

xSnoofovich
15-02-2010, 11:45
This is just forum spam !

watkinsmx
22-02-2010, 23:35
All an apostille does is certify that the person signing the document has the legal right to do this. The Sec. of State has a list of all the people who can legally sign a document. If they find the signers name on the list, they will stamp your document. It is very easy and cheap. The problem I ran into was that the person who signed one of my documents had such bad hand writing that the Sec of State's office could not read the person's name so I had to go back to a different city to find out who signed it. ( so make sure you get the person's name if signature is sloppy - yes )

The only thing an agency does is mail in your documents. Of course if you are far away the travel cost may be as much as the fee.

jamiemexi
21-04-2010, 00:00
I SHOULDN'T have listened to the person who commented below. I mailed in my document to the Sec of State. It's taking weeks and weeks to get an apostille because of budget cuts. And if you try calling them, they don't pick up. They put you on hold forever.

And I called an Apostille agency, they don't mail in your documents or else it would be the same processing time. They do it much faster. They are indeed a listed provider with the Secretary of State, it is listed on the Sec of State site. If you go through an apostille agency it saves you the headache and trouble. I should have just went to the agency.

Now I don't know how long I will get my documents back from the Sec of State.

All an apostille does is certify that the person signing the document has the legal right to do this. The Sec. of State has a list of all the people who can legally sign a document. If they find the signers name on the list, they will stamp your document. It is very easy and cheap. The problem I ran into was that the person who signed one of my documents had such bad hand writing that the Sec of State's office could not read the person's name so I had to go back to a different city to find out who signed it. ( so make sure you get the person's name if signature is sloppy - yes )

The only thing an agency does is mail in your documents. Of course if you are far away the travel cost may be as much as the fee.

jps762
05-05-2010, 01:49
When you say "apostille" agency, can you be more specific? I only asked because as far as I know we don't actually need these apostilled certificates(as they are going to change the law to make work permits easier to get), but when I thought I needed one I had a big problem. My document was issued by a school in the Czech Republic. I took the document to the Czech Embassy but they informed me that this is an international certificate, and thus they could not put an apostille on it. The school where I got it from won't put one on it, so I'm not sure who the hell is responsible for the document.

As far as I know this won't be necessary, but I would like to know how I could get a damned stamp on this piece of paper just in case. Otherwise I could just order a fake degree with an apostille already affixed.

Cooldude
05-05-2010, 13:14
When you say "apostille" agency, can you be more specific? I only asked because as far as I know we don't actually need these apostilled certificates(as they are going to change the law to make work permits easier to get), but when I thought I needed one I had a big problem. My document was issued by a school in the Czech Republic. I took the document to the Czech Embassy but they informed me that this is an international certificate, and thus they could not put an apostille on it. The school where I got it from won't put one on it, so I'm not sure who the hell is responsible for the document.

As far as I know this won't be necessary, but I would like to know how I could get a damned stamp on this piece of paper just in case. Otherwise I could just order a fake degree with an apostille already affixed.

Well, it depends on where you want to present the document. If in Russia, it may be expedient to make a copy of your degree notarised by a Czech notary public, and then either have it apostilled by the Min of Justice of the Czech Rep, or have it attested by the Russian Consulate in Prague.