PDA

View Full Version : no impediment postal return to spb?

Daveinspb
10-02-2010, 15:34
Hi there,
I'm coming to Moscow from SPB for a day to get my certificate of no impediment to marriage ticked by the man. As I understand it takes a few days and I would like to get the document returned to me by post rather than wait around in Moscow, does anyone know if this is possible?

I spoke to the guy at the ministry of foreign affairs and he said I could ask them when I get there but I'd like to be a bit more sure about it, I mean I could indeed ask and they could well say no. Does anyone know of any reliable agency that could collect and post the documents to me?

Thanks
Dave

Matt24
10-02-2010, 16:12
Hi there,
I'm coming to Moscow from SPB for a day to get my certificate of no impediment to marriage ticked by the man. As I understand it takes a few days and I would like to get the document returned to me by post rather than wait around in Moscow, does anyone know if this is possible?

I spoke to the guy at the ministry of foreign affairs and he said I could ask them when I get there but I'd like to be a bit more sure about it, I mean I could indeed ask and they could well say no. Does anyone know of any reliable agency that could collect and post the documents to me?

Thanks
Dave

Dave old chap, I hope this isn't still true, but when I got married in Moscow in 1997, the 'non impediment' process took more than a couple of days, there was a requirement that a letter had to be posted on some official notice board somewhere on the territory of the embassy for 21 or 14, (my memory fails me), consecutive days before they would issue the certificate, similar in the UK to 'reading the bans' - maybe you're not a Brit or the requirements have changed, hope so.

The good news is that I didn't have to turn up to collect the certificate in person when it was ready, so if the embassy won't send it, maybe a chum can collect and send.
Matt

Daveinspb
10-02-2010, 18:16
Thanks Matt, I am indeed a Brit and have already done the swearing on the Bible and waiting 21 days while no one looks at it pinned to a notice board somewhere at the consulate here in SPB and have the certificate already.

Unfortunately I now have to visit the ministry of foreign affairs in Moscow to get the signature on the certificate "confirmed". I have to go in person to drop it off but being rather chumless in Moscow I was wondering if anyone knows of any document collection companies or had any other ideas that beat taking a week off work or making 2 trips to Moscow.

Matt24
10-02-2010, 20:07
Whoops! Sorry about that, overcome with enthusiasm when I thought I knew the answer to something...a rare occurrence!