PDA

View Full Version : Extending visa while getting TRP?

Mudd
10-02-2010, 13:11
After searching through the info here, I gather there is no hope in getting an extension on my visa after getting married here. Nonetheless, I thought I'd field the question in case someone knows something helpful in this regard. I'm on a 12 month business visa, but my 90 days in is about to run out, and I'm just getting started on the criminal check. Any advise?
Thanks!

Alexv
18-02-2010, 12:33
If you want I can pm to you a company it solved for me such situation before, basically they provide you a new visa that overrides the other one, it is supposed to be illegal to have 2 current valid visas, but I did this and I had no problem getting in/out the country several times.

Cheers.

Bels
19-02-2010, 09:28
It can't possibly be legal. Also whatever. Frevery visa application you must leave the country to apply. The only way to extend a visa is to find work, where your employer can arrange a work permit. There is perhaps an idea of being a student also.

Also it appears that in many countries such as UK that you can have several passports,. So that would mean you can have more than one visa at the same time. However I can't see how that can help to extend a visa. The point is if a company can do it for him, why can't he do it himself. Does this company have special powers that an individual hasn't?

If you want I can pm to you a company it solved for me such situation before, basically they provide you a new visa that overrides the other one, it is supposed to be illegal to have 2 current valid visas, but I did this and I had no problem getting in/out the country several times.

Cheers.

Bels
19-02-2010, 09:35
Unfortunately you do have leave the country after 90 days. But to apply again might be possible, and you are most most likely to be successful if you get yourself another or replaced fresh passport. As you would have no evidence of previous visas in your new passport.

Ian G
19-02-2010, 13:59
Mudd- (maybe you should change your user name- as we already have a Mud on the site): It's all about timing.
Your criminal record check will be valid for (I think) 6 months. So you need to get it, and have it apostilled and then shortly afterwards return to Russia to get your medical tests done, get the medical certificate that confirms you've had the tests, and submit your application. You should therefore calculate how long it'll take you to get the criminal record check and have it apostilled, and time your application for the criminal record check accordingly.

Bels
19-02-2010, 22:55
Spot on. Best timing is to first get criminal record check and appostiled as son as possible. And from then get a move. Yes I am afraid you have such obstructions as going home and leaving your family. Yes it heartbraking for many. But that is way it is.

Mudd- (maybe you should change your user name- as we already have a Mud on the site): It's all about timing.
Your criminal record check will be valid for (I think) 6 months. So you need to get it, and have it apostilled and then shortly afterwards return to Russia to get your medical tests done, get the medical certificate that confirms you've had the tests, and submit your application. You should therefore calculate how long it'll take you to get the criminal record check and have it apostilled, and time your application for the criminal record check accordingly.