PDA

View Full Version : Useful information for holders of TRP

SV1973a
09-02-2010, 13:50
Yesterday, I applied for a new exit-entry visa.
Two major changes since 29 January 2010
1. the state fee is now 600 roubles (instead of 300 roubles)
2. it will be ready in 7 days (instead of 10 days)
If you have made previous payments of 300 roubles, it is still possible to make an additional payment of 300 roubles.

Larry Paradine
13-02-2010, 18:48
I already knew about the 100% increase in price, but the reduction in waiting time is very interesting: the information sheet I've been given by our local FMS specifies a wait of 20 working days (up from 10!). I suppose the procedure, like everything else, goes at a more leisurely pace down here in the boondocks than in Moscow.

Bels
13-02-2010, 23:40
For those who are on TRP I have also found out a dramatic increase on applying for Permanent residency. Yet a decrease in service. Just one long queue rather than several. One person dealing with all applications. This might be diffferent in other FMS offices, but certainly foe western region the changes don't look good. Also, there appears to be a lock of information and no application forms coming from the main website of FMS. Everything apparently is coming from the local office. Hence no arguments, due to no information available. I will keep you informed.

Here is the FMS site. I am not impressed. When I look for something I don't know it will say under construction. What do you think. All I see is basic common knowledge info, and that is it

http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/novisas/index_eng.php

SV1973a
14-02-2010, 12:51
I already knew about the 100% increase in price, but the reduction in waiting time is very interesting: the information sheet I've been given by our local FMS specifies a wait of 20 working days (up from 10!). I suppose the procedure, like everything else, goes at a more leisurely pace down here in the boondocks than in Moscow.

Larry, I think the procedure indeed says 20 days.
However, each time I have applied for a visa, they told me when to come back (always 10 calendar days after the day of application).
Last time, they added just 7 calendar days.
I hope they will even reduce it further. Technically, they are perfectly able to make the visa right on the spot.
Best would be of course to abolish this exit-entry visa.

Larry Paradine
14-02-2010, 22:07
Larry, I think the procedure indeed says 20 days.
However, each time I have applied for a visa, they told me when to come back (always 10 calendar days after the day of application).
Last time, they added just 7 calendar days.
I hope they will even reduce it further. Technically, they are perfectly able to make the visa right on the spot.
Best would be of course to abolish this exit-entry visa.

SV1973a I couldn't agree more with you about the best way of dealing with this matter, but let's not hold our breath: Russia will never abolish the visa requirement for foreigners, whether resident or not, unless or until the home country of the applicant signs a treaty committing both countries to visa free travel. Perhaps that'll happen in the 22nd century.....

Bels
14-02-2010, 22:15
SV1973a I couldn't agree more with you about the best way of dealing with this matter, but let's not hold our breath: Russia will never abolish the visa requirement for foreigners, whether resident or not, unless or until the home country of the applicant signs a treaty committing both countries to visa free travel. Perhaps that'll happen in the 22nd century.....

Visa free travel in UK for example? 60 million people alredy there. three times a bigger population than Canada, the second biggest country. Ad Russia? Let's say 160 million Russian citizens in the biggest country in the world. How many times times can the size of Britainn fit in there? And with Britain already accepting 30,000 immigrants to be British per year? WOW! Do you see why they worry. Some countries need population, Britain doesn't, but Russia does, as it has lots of space.

ezik
14-02-2010, 23:35
I applied a few weeks ago and I got to pay 300 rur. Maybe it's up. The office where I apply for my exit visa already for ages told me that the standard amount of days is 20. Even when it was, officially, 10 days.

I never cared and just applied for the exit date convenient for me. And if they gave me the exit date, I made sure I got back some nice souvenirs. It has been always like that, give a token of appreciation after the favor. If I don't need an exit visa urgently, I tell them to take their time. If I need one tomorrow, I have it tomorrow.

If the fee has indeed gone up to 600 rur, I only hope it is spent on the salary of UFMS workers. Once they get a decent pay, another source of corrupcy may be dealt with.

SV1973a
15-02-2010, 09:48
Ezik, the new tarif is from 29 January.
I applied on 16 January and then it was only 300 RUR.
The next time I applied was 9 February, so already 600 RUR.