PDA

View Full Version : tourist visa when staying with friends

discostar23
09-02-2010, 07:43
Hi

My sister and her boyfriend wants to come over to visit me and are going to stay at my house rather than a hotel to save money. They called the russian consulate and they said they might have to get a private visa. I think they are coming for purely tourist reasons so it is better to get a tourist visa. When they called the consulate again they said they would have to book a hotel. They are from Canada and any info would be helpful
Cheers
Disco

Scatterling
09-02-2010, 10:12
Hi,

When my husband came to visit we used a company called "Friendship Roads". They issue tourist vouchers, handle the registration of the visa, etc. They are in Moscow near Novoslobodskaya. I don't have their email address right now but you can google them. They are very helpful.
Good luck.

KPang
09-02-2010, 11:57
Hi

My sister and her boyfriend wants to come over to visit me and are going to stay at my house rather than a hotel to save money. They called the russian consulate and they said they might have to get a private visa. I think they are coming for purely tourist reasons so it is better to get a tourist visa. When they called the consulate again they said they would have to book a hotel. They are from Canada and any info would be helpful
Cheers
Disco

I've similiar issue. I used www.visatorussia.com, they issue invitation online and registration upon arrival.

Just put on the remarks column that they will be staying in Moscow with a relative working in Moscow.

The embassy does not ask for hotel booking if the invitation comes from this company.

Hope it helps you.

Kelvin