PDA

View Full Version : Advice for South Africans

Scatterling
08-02-2010, 21:42
Hi!
Any South Africans that's recently done a visa run?
Perhaps you can share your info on where to go, countries to avoid, etc. :whisper:
I know it will be of great help to me and perhaps some other people too.

Bels
08-02-2010, 22:11
Sorry! But the question has to be asked. Black or white sout africans? For visa runs to Russia there should be no difference. And you should find the nearest Russian Embassy website to you, or at least search for Russian embassies in South Africa. For Russia as far as I know , Russians don;t have problem with terrorism coming from South Africa, but other part of Africa, maybe yes!

The problem arises when you arrive in Moscow, yes you are more likely to be stopped by police if you have brown skin or have muslim appearance. Now black I am not so sure about. Maybe they are not interested, but if iwas a policeman I would stop them, as many balcks are muslims, and are possible terrorists. Nothing to do with racism, just fear of terrorism. ad that is mainly what the Russian police are concerned about. To prevent the terrorism before it happens. Same as LOndon. or possibly USA although I think a lot more difficult there, as they are definately well and truly mixed there now.

Bels
08-02-2010, 22:15
Asistance in getting a visa here. This advise is virtually international. As I think what is reuired from South Africa is the same as what would happen in EU or USA. Sorry but we don't have preferences in this case case from Russia. But yes the west does have preferences from other countries, but not Russia, we are all the same.

Scatterling
01-03-2010, 10:43
Hi. White S.African (very white after my first Russian winter!).

Planning on going to Helsinki for visa. American friends had some trouble getting theirs but managed in Helsinki without too many hassles.

But I can't reach them by phone to confirm. Driving me nuts. Do you think I can take the chance and just rock up there without confirmation?