PDA

View Full Version : flea markets / second hand shops?

Daza
07-02-2010, 12:52
Hi!

Could someone please help us to find the best flea markets or second hand shops in Moscow. We are mainly interested in old furniture, that doesn't seem to be so appreciated in Russia (yet). So, hopefully it's possible to make some good deals. Thanks!

tvadim133
07-02-2010, 13:44
I am afrid, it was popular in USSR, but now there are too much choices of new furniture with the lowest prices....

My be there are some shops, but I think, it is just not profitable to own such kind of business.

It is out of question, there are some shops of "antique" fruniture (by antique, we mean old (of the the beginning of the 20th century, the 19th) and expensive for those who are fond of it indeed.

Just one example of the store (their site), I used once where I bought some item for my friend's new appartment.

Антиквариат и старинная мебель / предметы интерьера (http://www.antik-market.ru/)

Benedikt
09-02-2010, 22:44
Hi!

Could someone please help us to find the best flea markets or second hand shops in Moscow. We are mainly interested in old furniture, that doesn't seem to be so appreciated in Russia (yet). So, hopefully it's possible to make some good deals. Thanks!

ask your neighbors, if you do not know it. there you can find anything from Lenin's typewriter to Nikita Khrushev's comb....joke aside. these shops can be a bargains heaven.

Willy
09-02-2010, 22:52
Hi!

Good luck getting out of Russia.

Careful if you buy something you may not be able to take it home.