PDA

View Full Version : Anybody knows English cinema or theater in Moscow?

olgina
07-02-2010, 09:49
Hi!
I would like to see movies or performances in English here in Moscow.
Could you recommend places where I can do it.
I am looking forward to reply!:-)
Thanks to all in advance!

MissAnnElk
07-02-2010, 10:16
Watch for postings of events by the Anglo-Russian Theatre. Our DJ Biscuit normally posts . . . perhaps send him a PM and tell him you want to be get emails about that, too.

spmoscow
07-02-2010, 15:49
Hi!
I am also looking for the same!
Is it true that 'America cinema' and 'Dome cinema' always have movies in english?how can i check the schedule?
Any help is welcome.

MissAnnElk
07-02-2010, 15:56
For theater, check this out:

ANGLO RUSSIAN THEATRE

presents

A Slight Ache

by Harold Pinter

With:
Elena Morozova
(the voice of The Red Queen in Tim Burtonís Alice in Wonderland)
Titus Adam,
Chris Karle

Director Martin Cooke

Costume design Sergeui Teplov

At: PIVO VODI BAR
Ulitsa Sretenka 26 Metro Sukharevskaya

Sunday 14th February 7:30pm

Tickets: 250 roubles.

I think you pay at the door.

emreyildiz
08-02-2010, 15:46
and what about english cinemas ?

Vadim
08-02-2010, 16:32
When I was a student, we kept going to the cinema which had set times for English movies, it was located in Stalin era building just opposite the Library of Foreign Literature. Supposed to be in there still. Plus, there is always a chance to ask at the Library reception desk about in house opportunities. There were British Council and US EIC renting offices, class and conference rooms from the library. I remember they have been showing movies from time to time, and had a special schedule for them.

farsideofthelune
08-02-2010, 19:42
america cinema is long since gone. pity. it was wonderfully empty

Kirochka
08-02-2010, 19:46
cinema 35 mm- here is sometimes)

alouette
08-02-2010, 20:37
'cinema which had set times for English movies' The cinema is still there. 'Illusion'. But it shows only classic stuff 30-40-50s, not modern movies. Search the Internet for the new ones. Of course the quality might be bad, it depends.

Vadim
08-02-2010, 22:35
Did the industry make a huge progression since 50s? Just more computer effects, offensive language, and less heart... :-)

spmoscow
16-02-2010, 00:53
Anybody going for some good english movie this weekend? If yes please pm me.I will be eager to join))

nbogaard
16-02-2010, 08:19
If you can find The Moscow Times, on fridays they have an entertainment section which lists movies in English. There are several theatres which show movies in English.

selje
16-02-2010, 08:48
I have to admit that I have been losy to see films lately, but 35 MM, close to Kurskaya Metro have a lot of films in original language. Both english and italian and so on.
At kino Oktyaber on Novy Arbat there are also some films in english.

spmoscow
17-02-2010, 23:42
If you can find The Moscow Times, on fridays they have an entertainment section which lists movies in English. There are several theatres which show movies in English.
yes i found about this moscow times section very recently..i think it was the buddies cafe..thanks anyways))

Niia
18-02-2010, 00:47
Cinema:
- 'Kinoteatr Pod Kupolom', in English; Russian translation by headphones
- 'Pyat Zvyozd-Novokuznetskaya' (sometimes in French, Chinese; Russian subtitles)
- 'Formula Kino Europe'
- 'Karo Film'
- 'Rolan'
- 'Eldar'
- 'Kosmos'
- 'Pushkinsky'
- 'Dome Cinema' one of Moscow's original American-style cinemas

moskovybuz
18-02-2010, 01:00
the 5 star theater at the arkadia shopping center at novokuznetskaya plays english films. there's also 35 mm near metro kurskaya, though it's a little harder to get to.

farsideofthelune
20-02-2010, 13:45
the 5 star theater at the arkadia shopping center at novokuznetskaya plays english films. there's also 35 mm near metro kurskaya, though it's a little harder to get to.

Please confirm if they're showing movies NOT dubbed in Russian. There is no indication to this on their website.

Tversko
24-02-2010, 02:22
america cinema is long since gone. pity. it was wonderfully empty
It was, indeed) Loved it. A real loss.

stacy
24-02-2010, 02:52
Hi!

There used to be one English-only hall in October (Oktyabr'), Novy Arbat Street,

I saw 'Juno' there a couple of years ago. You just can't watch "Juno" with translation, so I made a special effort to attend.

Google Map (http://maps.google.ru/maps?hl=ru&ved=0CBYQpQY&ei=vWiES6b-COjU_QaxmvD_CQ&ie=UTF8&view=map&q=%D0%9A%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%80+%D0%9E%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%8F%D0%B1%D1%80%D1%8C&geocode=FRq3UgMddZI9Ag&split=0&iwloc=A&sa=X)

Tversko
25-02-2010, 23:56
There used to be one English-only hall in October (Oktyabr'), Novy Arbat Street

Was shut down too, to my knowledge.

Arthur
26-02-2010, 00:20
Pod Kupolom is really great

RIKO
27-02-2010, 11:48
Please confirm if they're showing movies NOT dubbed in Russian. There is no indication to this on their website. Correct, there is no indication on their website. There are usually two or three "original language" movies showing at any one time and you need to phone them to confirm which ones, or you might end up in a dubbed movie.

tasel
27-02-2010, 12:51
America cinema is closed very long back. But you can watch movies DOME CINEMA at Renaissance hotel, 35MM at Kurskaya metro, also Kodak KinoMir at Pushkinskaya on the side of the Nokia show room, and also some theaters always has movies in english at particular timings.