PDA

View Full Version : Skiing jacket vs Snowboarding jacket?

andyUK
03-02-2010, 22:57
What is the difference and is there one?:confused:

If there is a difference and i buy a skiing jacket, is it going to be very uncomfortable to snowboard in it and vice versa?

thanks in advance

discostar23
03-02-2010, 23:17
snowboarding jackets tend to me more waterproof. they are also fashioned for snowboarding (longer to cover your bum as u tend to sit down a lot to but on your board). It shouldnt be uncomfortable to snowboard in a skiing jacket but be warned if snowboarding for the first time, u will be sore and fall alot so having a more waterproof jacket helps. I myself snowboard in any somewhat water proof winter jacket I have. Also if snowboarding for the first time u will get very hot. I do not recommend wearing too many layers.
cheers
disco

FlakeySnowballer
03-02-2010, 23:18
What is the difference and is there one?:confused:

If there is a difference and i buy a skiing jacket, is it going to be very uncomfortable to snowboard in it and vice versa?

thanks in advance

It is not cool to use skiing jacket if you are going for snowboarding :cold: no more
And you should buy waterproof at least 5 mm but it is better to buy 10 mm jacket, skiing or snowboarding it does not matter

FlakeySnowballer
03-02-2010, 23:23
snowboarding jackets tend to me more waterproof. they are also fashioned for snowboarding (longer to cover your bum as u tend to sit down a lot to but on your board). It shouldnt be uncomfortable to snowboard in a skiing jacket but be warned if snowboarding for the first time, u will be sore and fall alot so having a more waterproof jacket helps. I myself snowboard in any somewhat water proof winter jacket I have. Also if snowboarding for the first time u will get very hot. I do not recommend wearing too many layers.
cheers
disco

Waterproof does not depend on skiing or snowboarding type of jacket.
It is not good to sit on the hillside at all and even more i would say it can be very dangerous for you.

andyUK
03-02-2010, 23:35
thanks for the reply guys.

so 1 jacket should be enough. these things are not cheap. is it better to buy a shell type jacket or something that has goose down?

FlakeySnowballer
03-02-2010, 23:48
thanks for the reply guys.

so 1 jacket should be enough. these things are not cheap. is it better to buy a shell type jacket or something that has goose down?

Seems to me you should buy a special jacket (of course without goose down).
The price begins from 3000 rub and high.
You are welcome to Kant (I saw a sale for jacket there about one week ago), Extrim, or even in Sportmaster, InteraSport (I saw big sale there).