PDA

View Full Version : Skiing Dombay - Travel from Moscow

sheep2bleat
03-02-2010, 10:08
Dear All,

I want to go skiing in Dombay next month. I know that I can get a train to Mineralnye Vody (or flight). From there I can apparently get a bus to Dombay (3 to 4 hours for maybe 700 rubles). The information I have suggests that irregular tourist buses leave from the airport (or outside the train station?) as well as a Friday/Saturday scheduled bus.

Has anyone travelled this route using public transport? Have you got any advice?

Thanks!

FatAndy
03-02-2010, 11:40
Train trip is too long, flight is much better. KMV avia flies from VKO, Aeroflot from SVO.

FlakeySnowballer
03-02-2010, 23:09
Dear All,

I want to go skiing in Dombay next month. I know that I can get a train to Mineralnye Vody (or flight). From there I can apparently get a bus to Dombay (3 to 4 hours for maybe 700 rubles). The information I have suggests that irregular tourist buses leave from the airport (or outside the train station?) as well as a Friday/Saturday scheduled bus.

Has anyone travelled this route using public transport? Have you got any advice?

Thanks!

Are you an expat? Just remember about medicine insurance and don't forget that no one insurance company here in Russia gives you "vnetraska" and the last visit only which place where MCHS is located.

sheep2bleat
05-02-2010, 12:35
Hi FlakeySnowballer,

Thank you for your reply, but I'm afraid I don't understand anything in it. I will get ski insurance from WorldNomad. But what is vnetraska, MCHS and "last visit only which place"?

Cheers!

FatAndy
05-02-2010, 12:51
vnetraska is slang name for insurance for extremal sports.

MCHS is abbreviation from Russian of Ministry of Russian Federation on Civil Defence, Emergency and Natural Disasters (Emercom). They have POP in every potentially dangerous places (rescue teams).

FlakeySnowballer
05-02-2010, 23:22
vnetraska is slang name for insurance for extremal sports.

MCHS is abbreviation from Russian of Ministry of Russian Federation on Civil Defence, Emergency and Natural Disasters (Emercom). They have POP in every potentially dangerous places (rescue teams).

Andy you are wrong about vnetraska.
Vnetraska means that if you are injured while you are skiing outside marked hillsides the insurance company will pay you insurance but if you have not vnetraska when in such situation you will not receive insurance.

lotuselise
03-03-2010, 22:45
Hi! I'm not sure if you still need this info... I've heard that there is a regular bus from Mineralnye Vody or Pyatigorsk going to Teberda. Teberda is 20 min. away from Dombai, and there are small buses running all the time between Teberda and Dombai.
I live in Mineralnye Vody, so if you need more info, let me know, i can find out.
We usually drive from here or rent a small bus if there's a bunch of people going (round trip 4000 rubles).