PDA

View Full Version : Detski Sad



shazaam11
01-02-2010, 22:36
We recently moved to Moscow and would like to enroll our 3 year old into a local detski sad (language isn't an issue - she understands Russian).

We have talked to a couple places, but have been told to go to the commisia and get in line. Does anyone have experience enrolling in a local detski sad? How were you able to do it and what advice can you give?

Thanks

whizkid
04-02-2010, 16:31
hi there Shazaam11!

here's my post from another thread reg kindergartens http://www.expat.ru/forum/neighborhoods/187751-kindergarten.html:

well, I was doing some research for one of my clients recently regarding Russian public kindergardens ......

to get in to a public(state) kindergarden in Moscow you must:

- have a registration in Moscow (provided by your company);
- choose 1-3 kindergardens in a preferable area;
- apply to a Committee on the Admission of children in kindergartens(fill some forms and provide them with your and your child's details);
- wait until September to be accepted (as it's the beginning of a schoolyear) or wait until the place in one of the chosen kindergartens is vacant (it works if you want to get in to during the year - October till May)

* I must say the system of getting in to a kindergarden in Moscow is very straightforward (unlike in the rest of Russian cities)
even if you're a foreigner you can easily apply to ANY public kindergarden you want and get in to it at the beginning of a schoolyear without a problem.

I hope it'll help.

feel free to ask me if you need help or have any questions

best,
Kate Alekseeva

MoscowExpatSupport
skype: moscowexpatsupport

nbogaard
04-02-2010, 16:37
Or go to the Detski Sad, talk to the director and work out a business arrangement.

whizkid
04-02-2010, 20:16
Or go to the Detski Sad, talk to the director and work out a business arrangement.
fortunately, in Moscow it doesn't work this way anymore:10189:
you can now enroll your child in a local state kindergarden in Moscow without any additional payments or vzyatka ))

best,
Kate Alekseeva

MoscowExpatSupport
skype: moscowexpatsupport

maz
05-02-2010, 11:06
I can add that this was pretty straight forward if there are places in the kindy you want to go to. It is worth checking with the relevant detski sad that they have places (or to make a place for your ; ) )

You need to have:
- a copy of the birth certificate
- a copy of your and your childs passport and registration
- medical card - which is a special form that something like EMC can get done for you
- the name of your child written in Russian (but nothing official so your visa should do)
- may be also some kind of "zayavlenie" - I needed for my son's kindy.

I did not need anything translated for the comission and it took 10 mins.

zingo
09-02-2010, 12:08
fortunately, in Moscow it doesn't work this way anymore

ah?! The point is that we MAY enroll anywhere BUT there is no place available and a long waiting list, so we have to deal.

We did exactly like this and it worked. The "arrangement" was that we will help financially to purchase material, we were never asked money anyway. We purchased 2 flat TV screens last year, and this year in September I installed the local network for all computers in the place.

So finally it is a good thing, as I feel natural to help, and this way we are sure the "help" is really for the kids and not to finish in the pocket of the director.

Concretely, after we made the deal, we filled all the documentation, zaiavlenie etc, supplied the documents, of course.

whizkid
09-02-2010, 13:36
ah?! The point is that we MAY enroll anywhere BUT there is no place available and a long waiting list, so we have to deal.

We did exactly like this and it worked. The "arrangement" was that we will help financially to purchase material, we were never asked money anyway. We purchased 2 flat TV screens last year, and this year in September I installed the local network for all computers in the place.

So finally it is a good thing, as I feel natural to help, and this way we are sure the "help" is really for the kids and not to finish in the pocket of the director.

Concretely, after we made the deal, we filled all the documentation, zaiavlenie etc, supplied the documents, of course.


what's the number of Detskiy Sad your kids go to?
and where in Moscow are you registered at? I mean what's the name of your district?
and, if possible, can you name those(or their positions) who insisted on this "arrangment" about 2 TV screens and installing the network?
did they really asked you to do all that in exchange for available places?

zingo
10-02-2010, 11:51
what's the number of Detskiy Sad your kids go to?
and where in Moscow are you registered at? I mean what's the name of your district?
and, if possible, can you name those(or their positions) who insisted on this "arrangment" about 2 TV screens and installing the network?
did they really asked you to do all that in exchange for available places?

LOL you want my phone number too? :) Wife won't be happy!

My propiska is in the center, and I won't give any name here, why would I? This kind of arrangement is frequent and quite natural IMO: People help when they can help. Nobody had to insist on the "2 flat screens and the network system", the director only said that if we could offer one or 2 TV that would be great, he showed where they will install them (and they are now at this place). About the network, I just saw some cables that shouldn't be there, asked why, got the explanation and offered to do it properly for all rooms.

After this discussion (and before we brought anything of course), the director told us that she will be happy to wait our kid in September and we filled the application.

I wouldn't have applied if I would have been asked money, but as I have nothing against supplying material for kids have a better place, so all is good :) And it is the same system everywhere, for detski sad or anything else. Don't play the blind girl :)

whizkid
10-02-2010, 12:06
LOL you want my phone number too? :) Wife won't be happy!

My propiska is in the center, and I won't give any name here, why would I? This kind of arrangement is frequent and quite natural IMO: People help when they can help. Nobody had to insist on the "2 flat screens and the network system", the director only said that if we could offer one or 2 TV that would be great, he showed where they will install them (and they are now at this place). About the network, I just saw some cables that shouldn't be there, asked why, got the explanation and offered to do it properly for all rooms.

After this discussion (and before we brought anything of course), the director told us that she will be happy to wait our kid in September and we filled the application.

I wouldn't have applied if I would have been asked money, but as I have nothing against supplying material for kids have a better place, so all is good :) And it is the same system everywhere, for detski sad or anything else. Don't play the blind girl :)


no offense Zingo but you're misleading people!

nowadays in Moscow you don't have to do anything like that (supply DS with materials, pay money)..because it's not the director of DS to decide wether to take your kid or not!! it's a committee of your district (that's why I asked all those questions) and they don't need anything from you!
so you first go to a committee of your district, fill forms, choose 3 Detskiy Sad and then wait for September! that's it! even if the chosen DS doesn't have an available places they will creat one or will offer a another DS in your district as an option!

and I'm not playing blind girl. I just know some facts about life in Moscow because it's my job to know them.

best

zingo
10-02-2010, 13:27
Kate, as a Russian you should know that there is the Law, then there are the Rules, then there is the Reality. Both 3 don't often match and Russians and foreigners see this every day or so. That is one of the charm of our country :)

whizkid
10-02-2010, 13:35
Kate, as a Russian you should know that there is the Law, then there are the Rules, then there is the Reality. Both 3 don't often match and Russians and foreigners see this every day or so. That is one of the charm of our country :)

Zingo shall I repeat what I've already said several times?
believe me or not but if we're speaking about the current situation with Kindergardens/Detskiy Sad in Moscow then everybody should know that in this particular case(we're not discussing here Russia in general) Law,Rules and Reality do match.

zingo
10-02-2010, 18:58
> Zingo shall I repeat what I've already said several times?

Sorry if I made you repeat, Mrs Professor!

Well I am tired of this discussion, you know all because it is your job to know all about Moscow, great. I don't know all, I know the FACTS that I SAW in REAL LIFE and not in theorical chats. I am sure that people will appreciate your "help" if they have to find a place in a detski sad and you apply what you wrote above... I am anxiously waiting feedbacks not about theorical and philosophical talk,s but about FACTS.

Have a good evening :)

whizkid
10-02-2010, 20:29
> Zingo shall I repeat what I've already said several times?

Sorry if I made you repeat, Mrs Professor!

Well I am tired of this discussion, you know all because it is your job to know all about Moscow, great. I don't know all, I know the FACTS that I SAW in REAL LIFE and not in theorical chats. I am sure that people will appreciate your "help" if they have to find a place in a detski sad and you apply what you wrote above... I am anxiously waiting feedbacks not about theorical and philosophical talk,s but about FACTS.

Have a good evening :)

my job is to be aware of such things and to help my clients to find a best DS and a place in it for their kids!

you're providing folks with WRONG information and you're being mean to me! just because you didn't know the situation you spent your money on TV screens and I feel sorry about that!
and I don't think that it's right to make people on this forum believe that the only way to get into a Detsky Sad is to pay for it/buy TV screen/provide them with materials,etc.

you don't have to pay/buy smth to enrol your child to DS!


have a good evening too!

zingo
10-02-2010, 20:40
Ooohhh I have to reply again, blin :(

As I told above, (should I repeat again ? :)) I am waiting feedbacks of (happy??) clients that you helped. Don't worry too much about "people on this forum", most of them quickly already understood that written rules are not always made to be used. I wonder even if you believe what you are writing, or if it is just to promote your Service, hum? Old timers who are on this forum give great (and free....) help to newcomers in Moscow, and I never read any of them saying "just follow the written rules" :) Why? Just because it does NOT work, and I am sure that you KNOW it (At least I hope so...)!

I remember some years ago the process to get a phone line in Moscow. You could write an application, and quietly wait 2 or 3 years. This was the official way. You also could write the application, meet with the right person, make him a present, and wait 2 or 3 ... weeks to have your phone line. Things didn't change so much, and I confirm that it is the same for a few things including, MOST OF THE TIMES, DS. Sad or not sad that is the question, like told Sir William!

PS. About the "you didn't know the situation" well, as I told already (Should I repeat again? :)) let's see how your great knowledge of the "situation" can work in a real deal, I am sure that lots of people will post here positive feedbacks!

PPS. As I am even a VERY kind man, if you get in trouble for anything despite your great knowledge of the "situation", contact me, you will be surprised to see that I can solve quite all problems :) Even kids in DS of another area, :trampoline:

BTW thank you for this good time spent on this forum, I laughed a lot :)




my job is to be aware of such things and to help my clients to find a best DS and a place in it for their kids!

you're providing folks with WRONG information and you're being mean to me! just because you didn't know the situation you spent your money on TV screens and I feel sorry about that!
and I don't think that it's right to make people on this forum believe that the only way to get into a Detsky Sad is to pay for it/buy TV screen/provide them with materials,etc.

you don't have to pay/buy smth to enrol your child to DS!


have a good evening too!

whizkid
10-02-2010, 22:24
my only point is that you don't have to pay to enrol your child to a DS! that's it.
I'm not trying to say or proof anything else here.
and BTW my clients are those expats who don't have time on forums. I'm here just to share my knowledge as I really think that it might be helpful. I don't really expect folks here to use my services (would be nice though))
anyway, you can contact any of my clients (see 'clients' on my website) and ask for a feedback.

Kartoshka
10-02-2010, 23:00
First you say this:

my job is to be aware of such things and to help my clients to find a best DS and a place in it for their kids!
Then you say this:

so you first go to a committee of your district, fill forms, choose 3 Detskiy Sad and then wait for September! that's it! even if the chosen DS doesn't have an available places they will creat one or will offer a another DS in your district as an option!

So your job is to help people find the best place for their child... and your approach means they will *hopefully* get one of the three they consider best, or maybe just one in their district that isn't as full because it's not as good.

If a parents just wants a place for their child somewhere, then your way sounds fine... if they really want a place at a DS they consider to be the best, then zingo's way seems more efficient.

whizkid
10-02-2010, 23:42
if they really want a place at a DS they consider to be the best, then zingo's way seems more efficient.
in this case you're right, Kartoshka.
if parents want to get in to a one particular DS then Zingo's way IS more efficient.
BUT
he claimed it to be the only way to get in to a DS.
whereas it's not.
maybe there is a missunderstanding between Zingo and me, but only if Zingo meant getting in to a one particular considered to be the best DS. whereas my point was that you could choose 3 DS (that you consider to be best/better than the rest of DS/good) and get in to one of them without paying anything, legally!

I hope we're clear now.

and in order not to sound groundless here are contacts of Arbat/Khamovniki Admission Committe (check the link bellow for contacts of other districts'/central/ committee)

Арбат, Хамовники Центр "Гармония" Москва, Фрунзенская наб., д.36/2, тел.: (495)242-2466 Вторник 9:00 -12:00 Четверг 17:00 Ц 20:00

 омиссий по приему детей в детские сады ÷јќ - адреса и телефоны - Х Х Х ƒетский —ад Ч рейтинги и отзывы (http://www.detskii-sad.ru/komissii-po-priemu-v-detskii-sad/komissii-v-moskve/komissii-po-priemu-v-detskii-sad-tsao.html)

p.s.: BTW Zingo, I'm not charging for this information as you can see. anyone on this forum cam PM or call me on skype and ask any question reg relocation. it is a good PR - true. but it's not the goal for me as I'm here to help/give advise/recommendation,etc to those who need it.

best

Kona
11-02-2010, 13:39
You could try SadSam. It's from 9 to 14.30 and very interesting for guys.

Viola
11-02-2010, 14:30
whizkid, if you will scroll down the link that you have posted you'll see the discussion about queues for enrollment to kindergartens. I am not sure there is an issue in all districts of Moscow, maybe not, but the fact is that there are several thousand children waiting for admission to kindergartens in Moscow. If parents want to get a place in some particular kindergarten the zingo's way looks practical. Again, it may be different in different parts of the city.

Viola
11-02-2010, 14:32
p.s.: BTW Zingo, I'm not charging for this information as you can see. anyone on this forum cam PM or call me on skype and ask any question reg relocation. it is a good PR - true. but it's not the goal for me as I'm here to help/give advise/recommendation,etc to those who need it.

best

You advertise your services here for free. I bet Expat doesn't charge you for the link to your web site in your every post.

whizkid
11-02-2010, 14:54
whizkid, if you will scroll down the link that you have posted you'll see the discussion about queues for enrollment to kindergartens. I am not sure there is an issue in all districts of Moscow, maybe not, but the fact is that there are several thousand children waiting for admission to kindergartens in Moscow. If parents want to get a place in some particular kindergarten the zingo's way looks practical. Again, it may be different in different parts of the city.

dear viola, could you please point me to this mythical discussion in the comments?
as I can't see one. there's only one woman that complains that there are huge queues for enrollment to a particular DS and guess why she thinks so? because she has no idea(just like you) how the process of enrollment looks like nowadays in Moscow!

again, you can choose this best DS and try very hard to get there, spend money,time and then complain about it here or at any other forum.
but I'd suggest to people who are not ready to do all that to simply contact your Admission Committee and aply for enrollment for free and without a hussle to any DS of your district!


I don't really think that we have anything else to discuss here.
I gave all the information I could.I explained all the positive things about the legal way of getting in to a DS (yes, it exists and not only in theory-if you don't trust me, then simply look at the post#5 of this thread by Maz as we don't have any other folk here who DID try (and succeed) to enroll his/her kid to a DS using legal way)

best

zingo
11-02-2010, 15:07
dear viola, could you please point me to this mythical discussion in the comments?
as I can't see one. there's only one woman that complains that there are huge queues for enrollment to a particular DS and guess why she thinks so? because she has no idea(just like you) how the process of enrollment looks like nowadays in Moscow!


I think you should be a bit more modest, because OK, I know nothing, Viola knows nothing, who will be the next? We all understood that you know all about DS (and probably a bout a few other things)!



again, you can choose this best DS and try very hard to get there, spend money,time and then complain about it here or at any other forum.

Who complains? I didn't see any complaint here, I saw one question at the beginning, then a few replies by a girl who knows all, and other replies by a stupid guy who offered flat screens and made a network for free :) Who complains?


> but I'd suggest to people who are not ready to do all that to simply contact your Admission Committee and aply for enrollment for free and without a hussle to any DS of your district!

Yes, let's all fill our application and wait years for our kids to have a place :)



> I don't really think that we have anything else to discuss here.

Good :)


> I gave all the information I could.I explained all the positive things about the legal way of getting in to a DS (yes, it exists and not only in theory-if you don't trust me, then simply look at the post#5 of this thread by Maz as we don't have any other folk here who DID try (and succeed) to enroll his/her kid to a DS using legal way)

Let's see if others succeed after following your great recommendation :)

And if I wouldn't be modest, I would compare with those who succeed by following my recommendation...

zingo
11-02-2010, 15:11
You advertise your services here for free. I bet Expat doesn't charge you for the link to your web site in your every post.

LOL!

According to her website, Deutsche Bank is one of her Clients, indeed! Would be curious to know for which Service!

OK, let's be serious now: I am happy to announce that we made a new gift for our beloved Destskisad: 2 new snegokati for kids to play in the snow in the DS garden! And guess what? Nobody asked us to buy them, we JUST thought it would be fine, and looking at the kids playing and laughing was very pleasant :)

whizkid
11-02-2010, 15:19
great!
zingo, thanks for being constructive here!

our purpose was to share our knowledge and different perspectives so we did it.

p.s.: and stop being mean to me and claim that I know everything and you know nothing!
all I said was that you wasn't aware of the current situation with enrolling+you are convinced that the only way of dealing with Russia and Russians is to pay somebody/buy smth/etc whereas there are SOME particular things in Russia that are better/easier to do in a legal way. I can't make you change your attitude to Russians but I can share with other folks information that I know.
and as for viola-yes-I said that she knew nothing and she is hopeless in that regard.

anything else you want to discuss here?

Viola
11-02-2010, 15:20
OK, let's be serious now: I am happy to announce that we made a new gift for our beloved Destskisad: 2 new snegokati for kids to play in the snow in the DS garden! And guess what? Nobody asked us to buy them, we JUST thought it would be fine, and looking at the kids playing and laughing was very pleasant :)

Yep! And I remember that parents painted walls in the classroom and sew lace curtains when my son was in junior school. No one asked us, we just wanted our children have a nice classroom.

Viola
11-02-2010, 15:22
anything else you want to discuss here?

No thanks

zingo
11-02-2010, 15:26
I can't make you change your attitude to Russians

Key Kate... I am Russian... :11513:

whizkid
11-02-2010, 15:29
отлично!
ну теперь я понимаю почему в такой базар вылился простой обмен опытом и информацией!

вам стоит указать в country of origin, что вы из России. я уверена, что те,кто с вами встретится в следующей "дискуссии", будут рады узнать, что вы русский и не тратить время на,чтобы доказывать вам свою позицию.

пс: молодцы, что занимаетесь своего рода благотворительностью. это очень благородно. я по поводу ваших подарков детсаду. я серьезно))

whizkid
11-02-2010, 15:30
BTW forgot to mention that it won't take you years to get a place for your kid. if you apply for the next school year/starting September, 2010 now/or anytime before September/, then you'll get a place anyway. the earlier you apply the higher chances of getting in to a chosen DS.

I sent a PM to zingo and asked him politely to stop being mean here.
as for Deutsche Bank - I found the apartment for one of their employees.

nbogaard
11-02-2010, 16:25
Yep! And I remember that parents painted walls in the classroom and sew lace curtains when my son was in junior school. No one asked us, we just wanted our children have a nice classroom.

Geez, I would love to see any lace curtains I would sew. Our daughter is in a Russian public school and, to the extent that they need things for the school to make it safer, more comfortable, more attractive, etc., they have a school committee that tries to figure out how to raise the money to do those things.

No one asked us for money for our child to be admitted but inasmuch as she was not from the geographical area of responsibiity of that school, she was interviewed and they decided that she would be a good addition to the school. We will be pleased to contribute as needed.

zingo
11-02-2010, 18:07
As we are in an English speaking forum, politeness would request to post in English in this thread.

I have no special "position", I am opened to changes for sure, but experience shows that in THIS domain we are talking about, things didn't change so much since years. Bad or not bad, it is another point, but the fact is that it is still "working" like this.

This board is supposed to help new comers in Russia, and IMO saying "law says", or "rules say", etc, cannot help them, simply because Law and Rules are *never* followed straight in Russia. Once again, bad or not bad is another topic.

The Commissions that manage DS, schools, universities etc, exist you are right, they have IN THEORY the power (and the duty) to find a place for kids and students. In PRACTICE everybody who is in Russia since a few months has understood that OTHER RULES have more power. And THIS is a FACT, and not just "talks".



отлично!
ну теперь я понимаю почему в такой базар вылился простой обмен опытом и информацией!

вам стоит указать в country of origin, что вы из России. я уверена, что те,кто с вами встретится в следующей "дискуссии", будут рады узнать, что вы русский и не тратить время на,чтобы доказывать вам свою позицию.

пс: молодцы, что занимаетесь своего рода благотворительностью. это очень благородно. я по поводу ваших подарков детсаду. я серьезно))

zingo
11-02-2010, 18:11
I sent a PM to zingo and asked him politely to stop being mean here.
as for Deutsche Bank - I found the apartment for one of their employees.

hum you ask me stop being here? I hope I understand badly English :)

Great that you helped an Employee of DBk, but so you should not put the EmployER in your references, but the EmployEE :) ИМХО.... Anyway it isn't my problem for sure. If you want a kind (and free :)) recommendation for your site: Put REAL feedbacks and not just names of big companies. Words from people who found help are more useful than name of big companies. ИМХО again!

Didn't read your PM, just did it and replied :)

Willy
11-02-2010, 19:58
hum you ask me stop being here? I hope I understand badly English :)

Great that you helped an Employee of DBk, but so you should not put the EmployER in your references, but the EmployEE :) ИМХО.... Anyway it isn't my problem for sure. If you want a kind (and free :)) recommendation for your site: Put REAL feedbacks and not just names of big companies. Words from people who found help are more useful than name of big companies. ИМХО again!

Didn't read your PM, just did it and replied :)



I think you need a hug, maybe more than that, some pills.

I also think it's you who won't change and just assume you need to go about things the "old way" man some people will never change.

She sounds to me like she knows what she's talking about. If your not so lazy and do things before the last minute you may have not had to pay for anything. I had to do this I had to do that, maybe your just stupid? Why all the insults? Babies do that when they don't get their own way. Sounds like you don't care if your right, you just want to win a stupid argument.

You are telling us about one case, I think she has done this for more than one kid and at more than one school so I would tend to believe her.

Are you just going to keep this going so you can vent your frustration on the poor girl, at lest she is trying to help someone, all you seem to be doing is taking the easy, I'm to lazy to think about my kid until the last moment way.

Gee some people.

zingo
11-02-2010, 21:57
LOL at least she got a fan:)


maybe your just stupid? Why all the insults?

I wonder who is insulting, here :)

> Babies do that when they don't get their own way. Sounds like you don't care if your right, you just want to win a stupid argument.

Do you REALLY think I care to show that I am right here? You make your life in this forum (2200 posts, hey!), I don't.


> You are telling us about one case,

Do you want I tell you more cases? I am not like "her" and will post NAMES, BUSINESS PLACES nor PRIVATE MESSAGES about people who I know and followed the same way.


> I think she has done this for more than one kid and at more than one school so I would tend to believe her.

You THINK? Good! During some THINK, others SOLVE problems :)


> Are you just going to keep this going so you can vent your frustration on the poor girl,


Ohhh you want a date with her for St Valentin? Go ahead :))) I won't have any frustration, I promise :)


> at lest she is trying to help someone, all you seem to be doing is taking the easy,


THIS way is not help, it is just making people think that she will help, and at the end "Sooooo sorry, the DS is full, no place for your kid".

I told another way (that works) and she is not able to accept that she can be wrong! But with support like your, LOL... She will believe that she is right!

Ok good night, and for St Valentin please post pics :)))))

whizkid
11-02-2010, 22:18
I'm not going to comment everything you just said here or via PM - I hope moderators will take care of it because it's an insult.

and FYI just so we're clear - I don't ask for money upfront.
only after all services are provided and a client signs the Act of Acceptance he recieves an invoice and pays me by bank transfer. it's up to him/her to decide whether he is satisfied or not with the services provided. he/she has all the right to refuse to pay me. but luckly none of my clients has ever done that.

Willy
11-02-2010, 23:25
I'm not going to comment everything you just said here or via PM - I hope moderators will take care of it because it's an insult.

and FYI just so we're clear - I don't ask for money upfront.
only after all services are provided and a client signs the Act of Acceptance he recieves an invoice and pays me by bank transfer. it's up to him/her to decide whether he is satisfied or not with the services provided. he/she has all the right to refuse to pay me. but luckly none of my clients has ever done that.

He's got nothing, really like a child now, look zingo your taking this too far, just calm down and give it up. Is it really that important we see your point of view? Look your really being a pain in the ass to this girl, who is just trying to do her job, that's helping people, all you seem to want to do is piss them off.

If you need help lets meet over some vodka but please leave this girl alone.

Willy
11-02-2010, 23:27
whizkid just don't post any more in this thread if he keeps this up report him to a mod and they will ban him,okay?

whizkid
11-02-2010, 23:30
whizkid just don't post any more in this thread if he keeps this up report him to a mod and they will ban him,okay?

OK

Roberta
12-02-2010, 00:14
This information here is really useful!

Judge
12-02-2010, 15:53
This thread is going in the wrong direction...This is a serious thread , somebody is asking for advice,it's not a thread for petty little fights ..
I don't want to see this thread closed because it's got very useful info for many members ..

Willy
12-02-2010, 16:11
See now the Judge is here.

Judge
12-02-2010, 16:21
And now he's gone...:10220:

Willy
12-02-2010, 16:25
With a hi-ho Silver!

shazaam11
13-02-2010, 17:59
Thanks to all those who provided useful information.

We went to the commission and got on the list for a detski sad close by us. They only had us select 1 sad. Is that normal or have people had a different experience. We asked which one was most likely to have space and they advised us on which one to select based on the lists.


I think we all know how things in Russia can and unfortunately do work most of the time. However, here is an area that the gov is trying to clean up and put some order. It's far from perfect, but it's a start. I am all for supporting any attempts to decrease corruption. For those who still think make a "donation" is acceptable (even for your desired sad), please have a little dignity and self respect. People try to do the right thing and get on the list as soon as their kids are born and you are taking their spot by providing gifts or services that they could never afford. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should.