PDA

View Full Version : Do you like McDonalds

FlakeySnowballer
01-02-2010, 19:34
Just surprised, if i come to Mcdac for buying juice and potato i'll see a huge queue anyway. Seems to me people fond of big sandwiches. :10475:

zingo
01-02-2010, 20:31
If you ask anybody "Do you like Mcdo?", 95% will reply that it is ugly. But the place is always packed...

Willy
01-02-2010, 20:44
They make more money per outlet here then in the U.S. I think. The one at Pushkin is the biggest money making MacD's in the world.

AndreyS
01-02-2010, 20:58
They make more money per outlet here then in the U.S. I think. The at Pushkin is the biggest money making MacD's in the world.

Willy, its turnover was dozens times bigger in 1990 (when it opened), with queues filling almost the whole of the square. Been there, done that... ;-)

Willy
01-02-2010, 21:07
Willy, its turnover was dozens times bigger in 1990 (when it opened), with queues filling almost the whole of the square. Been there, done that... ;-)

At that time it was the biggest in the world!

It sucks trying to get a table there.

FlakeySnowballer
01-02-2010, 21:53

Our teacher from university told us about it. Remember he mentioned that Mcdonalds was a genius.

AndreyS
01-02-2010, 22:00
Our teacher from university told us about it. Remember he mentioned that Mcdonalds was a genius.

You can look at photos of those queues inside, right near the main entrance of this McD.

FatAndy
01-02-2010, 22:24
I can only repeat one nice ad slogan:

Free toilets network all over Russia!
McDonald's. I'm loving it.
:D
BTW some of these toilets have also free WiFi!

Bels
01-02-2010, 22:49
Just surprised, if i come to Mcdac for buying juice and potato i'll see a huge queue anyway. Seems to me people fond of big sandwiches. :10475:

Kids seem to love it, but i know some places where I can enjoy very good snacks better than Macdonalds. have a beer , bring children to have a better choice of fodd. and I can smoke if i wish. And LOL! The coffee isn't instant and disgusting to taste. So no freedom in Macdonalds. And what do do have outside Macdonalds. Teenagers enjoying their beers, of which they don't serve beer.

No give me a Russian bar or restaurant any day. I like freedom to do as I chose.

tzaritsa
01-02-2010, 23:17
I try all their new "national" sandviches such as Italian with chiabata bread,
Greeck mac,Beaf-a-la-Russ.From the past I liked MacCountry(with special bread,pork cotlette ann bbq souse).Also I like Estergasi cake and Wild berry cake at Maccafe.By my job Im running around throw the city(Im in a real estate)and need to eat fast.To eat smthing at McDonalds is better than eat during running.Usually I take salads and mozzarella fried nuggets(unf they dont have them all the time).So,I can say that I like Mc :wavey:

Mosserv
01-02-2010, 23:27
Just visited Burger King in Metropolis near Voikovskaya. There are so many people there waiting for whoppers! Guess, all wanted to check how it tastes here in Russia. I must say, it differs, got a bit disappointed.

tvadim133
01-02-2010, 23:39
Just visited Burger King in Metropolis near Voikovskaya. There are so many people there waiting for whoppers! Guess, all wanted to check how it tastes here in Russia. I must say, it differs, got a bit disappointed.

it must different (sugar in sauce, whater, flour) + they can change recipe a bit to follow the taste of local people and so on..... It is customazation.

FlakeySnowballer
01-02-2010, 23:53
I can only repeat one nice ad slogan:

Free toilets network all over Russia!
McDonald's. I'm loving it.
:D
BTW some of these toilets have also free WiFi!

ANdy regarding WiFI. One time i wanted to use it but i could 'cause my PC saw only Pay WIFI in Mcdak.

Judge
02-02-2010, 01:23
I LOVE McDonalds,you know what to expect all the time, no crappy cold fries or dodgy burgers because the chef is having a bad day,it's also not that expensive.Free toilets and free wifi..:D

I agree, the one in Pushkin is mad, always hard to find a seat,doesn't matter what time.I often eat outside,the temp now is okish,last week -20 wasn't a good idea,but it was good fun seeing russians munching away on their ice creams outside.
To get served quick at Pushkin Mcd's, go right to the end ,not many people waiting down there...

Judge
02-02-2010, 01:28
You can look at photos of those queues inside, right near the main entrance of this McD.

I saw the photos the other day, was cool to see them..

AndreyS
02-02-2010, 01:58
Spot on!

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 00:33

But did you know, that - as I read today - 30000 (THIRTY THOUSAND) people were served at this McD on its first workday in 1990?

Judge
03-02-2010, 00:43
But did you know, that - as I read today - 30000 (THIRTY THOUSAND) people were served at this McD on its first workday in 1990?

That's news to me.. it must be a record for McDonalds.

tvadim133
03-02-2010, 01:30
Oh, I remember those funny times... My friends always asked me to bring some hamburgers from MD when I was planned to visit them in another city.

They did not accept my notes that they (burgers) would be not warm and not so tasty in 9 hours of train)......

I miss those times, they were (for young people) so funny, interesting, entertaining and hopeful.

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 01:53
That's news to me.. it must be a record for McDonalds.

It is! (as stated in that article).

And yet I love more another McD (in Stockholm). Guess why?
Has anybody seen such concentration of blonde bombshells?

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 01:56
I miss those times, they were (for young people) so funny, interesting, entertaining and hopeful. Exactly as these days for today's young people! LOL
The secret is in being young and happy!

Judge
03-02-2010, 02:15
Guess why?

Hmmmmm because they offer you four meals.... top pic to the left.:tongue:

2ndWind
03-02-2010, 02:51

I have not!

Every Sunday I dine at my local McDonalds (A grilled chicken salad with water) while leisurely reading my Sunday newspaper.

All of the employees and at least 1/2 of the customers are African-American. After all, this is the American Southland.

The location in your photo is much bigger, brighter and appears cleaner than my local location.

Judge
03-02-2010, 10:16
They are blonde but they aren't bombshells.:bomb:

VladimirPetrov66
03-02-2010, 10:18
i love mcdonalds or as americans would say mckeddies.

I LOVE McDonalds,you know what to expect all the time, no crappy cold fries or dodgy burgers because the chef is having a bad day,it's also not that expensive.Free toilets and free wifi..:D

I agree, the one in Pushkin is mad, always hard to find a seat,doesn't matter what time.I often eat outside,the temp now is okish,last week -20 wasn't a good idea,but it was good fun seeing russians munching away on their ice creams outside.
To get served quick at Pushkin Mcd's, go right to the end ,not many people waiting down there...

VladimirPetrov66
03-02-2010, 10:19

how come all the workers are blondE?

Judge
03-02-2010, 10:24

The pic was taken in Stockholm.There are many blondes in Sweden.

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 10:56

I remember you don't like Swedes... ;-)
You said about SAS a couple of years ago: Mess up with them and you will regret it. ;-)

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 10:57

Not all of them, of course...

And look here: Blonde bombshell (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/67300.html)

Judge
03-02-2010, 11:05
I remember you don't like Swedes... ;-)
You said about SAS a couple of years ago: Mess up with them and you will regret it. ;-)

SAS cabin crew will sort you out for sure..:tongue:

Judge
03-02-2010, 11:06
Not all of them, of course...

And look here: Blonde bombshell (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/67300.html)

The key word here is glamorous..:10293:
Don't make me go through my Maria Sharapova pics..

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 11:10
The key word here is glamorous..:10293:
Don't make me go through my Maria Sharapova pics..

I catch, I catch...

Sharapova? Please, don't. ;-(
If I were you I would flick through old pics of ABBA...

Judge
03-02-2010, 11:22
I catch, I catch...

Sharapova? Please, don't. ;-(
If I were you I would flick through old pics of ABBA...

I always liked the brunette member of ABBA...if you see pics of them today,the brunette is better looking..:D

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 11:24
I always liked the brunette member of ABBA...if you see pics of them today,the brunette is better looking..:D
Exactly!!! FRIDA FOREVER!!!

But do you know that even Frida is now a blonde??? Funny but true! When I bumped into this fact last year (seeing her visiting Mamma Mia festival somewhere in the US), I felt my world destroyed. You should look through her old pics...

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 11:42
SAS cabin crew will sort you out for sure..:tongue:

Frankly, I am up for sex in the back seat! With a blonde girl wearing dark blue uniform. I would serve her for free!!! ;-)

Judge
03-02-2010, 11:46
Frankly, I am up for sex in the back seat! With a blonde girl wearing dark blue uniform. I would serve her for free!!! ;-)

If that does happen then you will be a members of this club..:verycool:

Tales of the Mile High Club (http://www.milehighclub.com/tales/)

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 11:47

And you dislike even the good-cheeked girl we see in profile? Her name is Karolina!!! (she was wearing a badge).

Judge
03-02-2010, 11:48
Talking about burgers, check out these two fine looking buns..
:10241::10241:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/local-events/188007-burger-challenge.html#post619052

Judge
03-02-2010, 11:49
And you dislike even the good-cheeked girl we see in profile? Her name is Karolina!!! (she was wearing a badge).

:question::question:

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 12:03
:question::question:

Oh, I just meant I liked her... ;-)

IGIT
03-02-2010, 12:51
@Topic,
Yes I like it.

gek roken
03-02-2010, 14:38
i prefer burgers at Friday's but sometimes i can go for McDac
yep its fat and not healthy but its tasty =)

AndreyS
03-02-2010, 16:13
If that does happen then you will be a members of this club..:verycool:

Tales of the Mile High Club (http://www.milehighclub.com/tales/)

He did it with his wife. To be as persuasive and attractive as to seduce a stunning flight attendant seems to be a lot more exciting.

tzaritsa
04-02-2010, 00:02

Returning to gamburgers,guyes,:11721: I`ve heard that in Sweden they have
local speciality herring hamburger

AndreyS
04-02-2010, 00:08
Returning to gamburgers,guyes,:11721: I`ve heard that in Sweden they have
local speciality herring hamburger

Maybe, but I didn't spot it...

FatAndy
04-02-2010, 10:30
that in Sweden they have local speciality herring hamburger - well, if it is with black bread, then I must notice they understand what is right for Absolut ;)

FlakeySnowballer
04-02-2010, 12:48
By the way MacDac changed his image. At least in my district MacDac now is a stylish place (I am serious). They changed colors, chairs, tables and so on.
Now waiting for new menu :rasta:

FatAndy
04-02-2010, 12:49
New menu - what does it mean? Famous Russian Burgers?

FlakeySnowballer
04-02-2010, 13:10
New menu - what does it mean? Famous Russian Burgers?

Seems to me more salads and less burgers

shep
04-02-2010, 14:56
Ok, it is fast food. But it is really bad for your health. And for your figure, too!

is4fun
04-02-2010, 15:53
I have always been loving it. One Sunday a month after a night of craziness a McDonalds burger and fries hits the spot; on. After the meal a little nap also is good, although I and those with me, can do without the gas... :) But I am still loving it!:cheerleader:

Willy
04-02-2010, 19:50
that in Sweden they have local speciality herring hamburger - well, if it is with black bread, then I must notice they understand what is right for Absolut ;)

Every MacD's has something just for the locals, like we had the MacLobster!

In China they have a lot of fish too. In India soy burgers.

Willy
04-02-2010, 19:51
I have always been loving it. One Sunday a month after a night of craziness a McDonalds burger and fries hits the spot; on. After the meal a little nap also is good, although I and those with me, can do without the gas... :) But I am still loving it!:cheerleader:

Why is it mine always smell better than someone else's even though we eat the same thing?

spmoscow
04-02-2010, 20:48

when I have no where else to go or if I can't walk 100 metres and its within 50 metres))

is4fun
04-02-2010, 20:51
Why is it mine always smell better than someone else's even though we eat the same thing?

We have a connection. LOL

tzaritsa
04-02-2010, 22:41

Didnt try McHer

Willy
04-02-2010, 22:42
Didnt try McHer

You mean fur burger?

tzaritsa
04-02-2010, 22:46

Didnt try McHer eather.Absolut is the best vodka in the world to my opinion.

tzaritsa
04-02-2010, 22:49
Didnt try McHer

You mean fur burger?

Willy you are so fast.Seems to me I made a mistake pushing wrong button. and tryed to correct it,but not successful?unfortunatelly...

Willy
04-02-2010, 22:54
Willy you are so fast.Seems to me I made a mistake pushing wrong button. and tryed to correct it,but not successful?unfortunatelly...

]Willy you are so fast, that's what they all say.

Just sounds funny!

I thought you would like a McHim?

Bels
04-02-2010, 23:16
It loks like it is time to flood \moscow witha all the fast fooders at one time, and give Mcdonalds a sorting out. Did you you know Macdonallds's wasn't the original burger place? The real place for burgars was Wimpey. That is the big name, but not in Russia. Problem is that in western Europe and USA we have too many of them now.

Too me, I prefer fast food with a beer and a smoke. So macdonalds is out. Funny enough some of the Russian places are much better food, who also provide beer, and allow smoking in certain areas, and always has a seat. And their coffee tastes much better than that instant garbage! And they are cheaper!

So who neeeds Mcdonald'S. I need to have a seat for example, and not have these people taking seats who are not eating, or even drinking coffee!

is4fun
04-02-2010, 23:28
You mean fur burger?

Before or after McDees, I can go for a fur burger. ...and then the nap. :)

tzaritsa
04-02-2010, 23:30
Willy,McHer is short from McHering or HerringMac.I think,McHim is more tastful

Willy
04-02-2010, 23:34
All this talk about food makes me want pie!

YouTube- Stooges Pie Fight

Willy
04-02-2010, 23:35
Willy,McHer is short from McHering or HerringMac.I think,McHim is more tastful

That's good I was starting to wonder!

Grumpygummy
05-02-2010, 03:56
Before or after McDees, I can go for a fur burger. ...and then the nap. :)

A fur burgrer? Er...what's that? I'm even scared to think what it could be made of.

Willy
05-02-2010, 08:01
A fur burgrer? Er...what's that? I'm even scared to think what it could be made of.

Oh, fur burgers are DELICIOUS!

Just don't forget to wash them first.

tzaritsa
05-02-2010, 11:17
Dear guyes,Im very glad that my mistake(pushed Submit reply incted of
Smiles) brough you so much joy in our cold routine days:10518:

AndreyS
05-02-2010, 12:17
Oh, fur burgers are DELICIOUS!

Just don't forget to wash them first.
Personally, I would shave them before eating!

mosaikmum
05-02-2010, 12:31
its turnover was dozens times bigger in 1990 (when it opened), with queues filling almost the whole of the square. Been there, done that... ;-) My husband was in the queue in 1990 :)

AndreyS
05-02-2010, 13:03
My husband was in the queue in 1990 :)

Oh, Kerrie, I have always felt we have smth in common! LOL

FatAndy
05-02-2010, 13:04
2 tzaritsa;
No, never tried McHerring in McDonalds, I've been to Sweden only once, by air connection in Arlanda... and was already drunken :D

Absolut is not a bad vodka, but I like Privet, Sibirskaya and Russian Standard a bit more. But neither of them in McDonalds unfortunately :)

Willy
07-02-2010, 02:05
You know what bugs me about MacD's?

It's hard to find a seat most times, people like to leave coats or bags at a table to hold them while getting food. I always go for these seat!

Why because I love to tell them when they come back with their food, "sorry I just thought some idiot forgot their coat, now I see I was only half right"

Oh the looks I get!

discostar23
07-02-2010, 02:27
Ok I am not sure if this tread has totally gone off topic but while I was eating my cheeseburger n fries for lunch today I thought of an earlier comment which needs to be clarified.
Someone said mr. Mcdonald was a very smart man. This information is false.
Here is a brief history of mcdonalds as told by fast food nation:

Mcdonalds was started by two brothers who realized the need for cultery, waitresses etc were unnessary. they became very popular and this is where roy Kroc came in and made the chain national in essence eventually buying out the mcdonalds brothers. They didnt like the direction the chain was taking and tried to keep the rights to their original store...eventually ray kroc took it away from them. So actually if u got to mcdonalds headquarters there are no pictures of the original mcdonald brothers but ray kroc. Look up Ray Kroc...it is a real SOB.

stas981234
07-02-2010, 11:40
Burger King is not a bad also :)

but McD is like a legend of course )

FlakeySnowballer
07-02-2010, 20:44
How could they (burgers) conquer all world?

Willy
07-02-2010, 20:45
Burger King is not a bad also :)

but McD is like a legend of course )

What do you mean "Burger King is not a bad also"

Are you a freakin' commie?

Bels
07-02-2010, 22:20
I don't think even Moscow knows what it now means in the fast food world. So they now now have Macdonalds and Kingburger just starting. What happens when they start having many in every corner of many names. Do they start getting fed up with with them, and just use them occasionaly and varied like they do do in UK. To be be perfectly honest with , if I was in UK? I'd sooner have a good hot curry or a shish kebab with chillies as against a hamburger anytime!

Willy
09-02-2010, 23:25
How could they (burgers) conquer all world?

Kind of like this Flakey,

YouTube- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Trailer

zingo
12-02-2010, 13:43
What do you mean "Burger King is not a bad also"

Are you a freakin' commie?

When I saw you eating a burger I just ran to the toilets, you eat like a pig :( Ok, I understand now why your apartment is so dirty :(

nbogaard
12-02-2010, 15:43
i love mcdonalds or as americans would say mckeddies.

Actually, we say Mickey Dee's.

sweetfart
03-03-2010, 23:41
I never heard anyone say McKeddie's.

One thing I've noticed about the Pushkinskaya McDonald's is that there are a lot of teenagers and young adults that go there just to pick up guys/gals. My friend went there with me and a lot of Russian gals they weren't even eating they would come up to him and start chatting him up in hopes that he would ask for their number. One time a girl went straight for her goal and asked for his number herself.

But I was thinking...if people somehow do end up having successful relationships and last a long time...how embarrassing would that be to say that you met your significant other at McDonalds?

tvadim133
03-03-2010, 23:58
But I was thinking...if people somehow do end up having successful relationships and last a long time...how embarrassing would that be to say that you met your significant other at McDonalds?

Easy. I once found (for some but long period of time) in the airplane in the line to WC! :)

I understand it is not very romantic, but why not! :)

sweetfart
04-03-2010, 00:06
Easy. I once found (for some but long period of time) in the airplane in the line to WC! :)

I understand it is not very romantic, but why not! :)

Well yeah but at least you could just say, "I met her on a plane." Leave it at that and then tell the funny story later. But to say "I met the love of my life at McDonald's." There's no way to dodge around that one unless you wanna tweak it and say you met them at a restaurant or cafe but people will always be asking you questions after that.

AndreyS
04-03-2010, 00:09
At the fashionable restaurant McD in the very centre of Moscow.

2ndWind
04-03-2010, 03:56
But to say "I met the love of my life at McDonald's." There's no way to dodge around that one . . .

How about "I married my husband at McDonalds!

YouTube- A McDonald's Wedding

tasel
04-03-2010, 11:31

My next vacation would be in Stockholm. For sure:trampoline:

tasel
04-03-2010, 11:33

Because, its Sweden :fireworks:

AndreyS
04-03-2010, 12:23
My next vacation would be in Stockholm. For sure:trampoline:
I can give you the address of that McD.
It's in the centre of Stockholm, in the area of Kungsgatan, to the best of my memory...

Willy
04-03-2010, 15:10
This is Russia,

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/drumphotodump/02022010641.jpg

tvadim133
04-03-2010, 16:22
So funny, I saw the same variant (quite the same) in Sochi several years ago.