PDA

View Full Version : New from Tokyo

rakko
30-01-2010, 17:04
Hi, everyone!

Actually I've been here in Moscow for about 4 months now, so I'm not completely a newbie, but as I've never said hi to everyone here on the forum, please let me just post another thread here :)

I'm a student from Tokyo, going back to Japan in about 5 months.
Unfortunately I don't have that many classes at university and so I've been looking for the ways to use my free time wisely and meaningfully. If you have any suggestions, events, get-togethers, etc. please let me know! :D

tvadim133
30-01-2010, 17:43
Hi, Rakko!

Welcome to the site!

I can guess how you miss real food, due and though japanese restaurants are polular here, but far away from real.

Nice you have decided to join the community!

Mud
30-01-2010, 21:16
Hello rakko and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

My suggestion is to find our events and get togethers in the Local Events forum:

Local Events - The Moscow Expat Forums (http://www.expat.ru/forum/local-events/)

Lot of fun events and fun people!

Enjoy the site and the community!

All the best!
Mud :)

rakko
31-01-2010, 13:45
Thank you guys for the warm welcome :)
I will check this forum around!

And yes, I do miss Japanese food a little bit, but actually the "fakey" Japanese food here is not that bad either, except for the super expensive price :P I love those rolls! hehe

discostar23
02-02-2010, 13:44
hi rakko,

I saw some japanese food ingredients at the indian spice market the other day. They were not expensive (half the price of the japanese ingredients at the regular grocery)
PM for info of the one closest to u.
I lived in Asia for the last five years and sometimes I really miss the asian food.

rakko
03-02-2010, 00:20
hi rakko,

I saw some japanese food ingredients at the indian spice market the other day. They were not expensive (half the price of the japanese ingredients at the regular grocery)
PM for info of the one closest to u.
I lived in Asia for the last five years and sometimes I really miss the asian food.

Thank you! That sounds great, I'll send a PM, please check your inbox :)