PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance for American Expats

MissAnnElk
29-01-2010, 18:11
I need to buy some by Feb 15.

Does anyone have any ideas about how an American expat can purchase life insurance? Disability insurance would be good too.

tvadim133
29-01-2010, 18:36
ДМС и ОМС — разница очевидна (http://www.biblioinsurance.ru/dms_i_oms.php)

I used to buy (my company) Ingosstrakh.

О ДМС (добровольном медицинском страховании) в Ингосстрахе (http://www.ingos.ru/ru/private/dms/dms/)

The site is in Russian but Google makes miracles.

In case you have questions, there are some e-mails.

And there are different options.

All these companies are not recommended by me (I mean, I did not have problems, but these are insurance companies, and you know, there all are not perferct).

MissAnnElk
29-01-2010, 19:23
Thanks.

Do you know if one has to be living in Russia for these products? See, I'm moving to the EU . . .

tvadim133
29-01-2010, 19:40
Thanks.

Do you know if one has to be living in Russia for these products? See, I'm moving to the EU . . .

Oh, yes, it is insurance for living in Russia (in case we go as toursits, we buy one for the period of being there (just insurance).

Ingosstrakh can do in, and the insurance will cover the emergency cases

But when I was in Amsterdam (I do not mean anything ..., you know), My GF had a throat problem, we immediatly called the agency to get to know what to be done and how we could call the doctor and we were waiting for their answers (I mean, they could not be very fast in solving so simple problem) for 3 hours.... Afterwaed we went to the nearest hospital and paid for the visit in cash.

My advice is to get insurance in the international companies, which operate in EU and which had their rep. office in Russia.

I do not know their names, you can now it better and just check if they have got here their branches?

Vadim
29-01-2010, 20:27
Interesting. But I think EU countries differ, some have agreements with Russia, e.g. UK. Neither Russians are required to have a cover once in Britain, nor Brittons in Russia. That applies for both emergencies and general practioners.

MissAnnElk
29-01-2010, 21:07
Bupa, for example, requires a US cover, however. And I might want to go home once in a while.

J.D.
29-01-2010, 21:26
AndyB set me up with my insurance. I've been very satisfied.

Willy
29-01-2010, 22:35
Thanks.

Say it's not so!

MissAnnElk
29-01-2010, 23:04
AndyB set me up with my insurance. I've been very satisfied.

I already sent him an email.

Say it's not so!

Alas, it is so. Moving to Luxembourg.

But we'll always have Moscow . . .

Willy
30-01-2010, 01:49
I already sent him an email.

Alas, it is so. Moving to Luxembourg.

But we'll always have Moscow . . .

Hey Luxembourg is nice! Good luck.

annasophia
30-01-2010, 11:04
Admin dude Andy B is your man. I'm surprised he hasn't replied to your post, perhaps he's jet lagged at the moment. Send him a PM.

Or on some folder headings here at Expat are banners for the Farringdon Group for which Andy is a head groupie. Expat health insurance, life insurance, investments etc. Good guy.

MissAnnElk
30-01-2010, 11:19
Admin dude Andy B is your man. I'm surprised he hasn't replied to your post, perhaps he's jet lagged at the moment. Send him a PM.

Or on some folder headings here at Expat are banners for the Farringdon Group for which Andy is a head groupie. Expat health insurance, life insurance, investments etc. Good guy.

Yes, he IS a good guy. I'll have a chat with him . . . he hasn't been lurking on FaceBook lately, so perhaps he is traveling.

amndalb
05-02-2010, 10:22
Thanx for sharing!!!