PDA

View Full Version : Finding a room to rent

charlotte531
28-01-2010, 16:44
Hiya,

I was wondering if anybody knew any good and reliable websites or other ways to find a room for rent.

Ideally I would like to rent a room not too far from the centre in a flat with Russians, but I am not sure which websites/adverts to trust!

Thanks so much

Charlotte

gap2003
09-02-2010, 17:58
Hello Charlotte!
I am russian living in Moscow with my family 15 min from Kremlin by metro. If you want, you may live with us in our 4-room flat. We have everything in there. You will have nice separate room with internet. We speak russian, english and spanish. Write me for detailes if interested.
All the best,
Greg )))

khelzy09
16-02-2010, 08:46
why not check those ads or contact first the owner before you view the place?

coopea
19-02-2010, 17:38
Charlotte,

My experience is that most agents regardless of which company they are with, will tend to try to put you somewhere just to get a commission. If you are able to make personal contact with someone in Moscow (who has friends letting flats) it is by far the best way to ensure you're getting more or less what you are looking for and avoiding the hefty 100% agency finders commision. Best of luck!

whizkid
19-02-2010, 19:56
Charlotte,

My experience is that most agents regardless of which company they are with, will tend to try to put you somewhere just to get a commission. If you are able to make personal contact with someone in Moscow (who has friends letting flats) it is by far the best way to ensure you're getting more or less what you are looking for and avoiding the hefty 100% agency finders commision. Best of luck!

totally agree with coopea.

Willy
20-02-2010, 22:16
Hiya,

I was wondering if anybody knew any good and reliable websites or other ways to find a room for rent.

Ideally I would like to rent a room not too far from the centre in a flat with Russians, but I am not sure which websites/adverts to trust!

Thanks so much

Charlotte

A good place to start is right here on expat.ru, look here,http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Bels
20-02-2010, 23:32
Here is the best place. I hope you find one.