PDA

View Full Version : Temporary residency lawyer

LarrySobel
27-01-2010, 18:51
does anyone know of a temp residency lawyer, who can go through all the my documents, make sure that i have everything, and can tell me before i go to Canada, which documents i will need to get authorized?

Bels
27-01-2010, 21:27
I think most of us do it ourselves, or with the assistance of our Russian spouse.

Many ask questions here before even visiting FMS. The first move is for you to visit FMS, and there is no other way. FMS assists you with forms, and what is right and what is wrong. Yes sometimes they get it wrong, but do you want to argue with them?

First step. Go to FMS. Hopefully you have your apostilled police check, etc.
Then your medicals in Russia. There isn't much time to go back to Canada before taking your medical checks etc. It is all done here.

does anyone know of a temp residency lawyer, who can go through all the my documents, make sure that i have everything, and can tell me before i go to Canada, which documents i will need to get authorized?

tgma
28-01-2010, 17:22
If you are here, then the FMS will tell you what you need - go to the office on Pokrovka (if you are registered in central Moscow, and if you get there early enough, you should not have to wait too long.
There is a document on the wall that lists what you need, but you can ask them about detail.
I can't remember your exact circumstances - are you married to a Russian, and where were you married?